Training abs in the gym

D

Deleted member 3328

Kraken
Any point in doing so or is it just a cope?

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek and Deleted member 1464
Of course there's a point in doing it but from what I've seen some people usually do PPL with additionally abs every day. I don't think you need a seperate day just from abs

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4804, Hepatologyscribe, DidntRead and 4 others
Just do it at the end of the routine

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74, Deleted member 4804, autistic_tendencies and 3 others
Of course there's a point in doing it but from what I've seen some people usually do PPL with additionally abs every day. I don't think you need a seperate day just from abs
I do PPL (go to the gym 6 times a week)

I have visible abs. I never train them.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 3328
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: RAITEIII, Almu, Pietrosiek and 1 other person
You train abs in almost any exercise, it is not necessary to train them particularly if you do compound movements like dl,squads, benchpress...etc

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9568, Madhate and Deleted member 3328
You train abs in almost any exercise, it is not necessary to train them particularly if you do compound movements like dl,squads, benchpress...etc
Yes, I do all the compound lifts.

People who says never train abs directly are either liars or they're blessed with good ab genetics. Same shit when people meme about abs being made in the kitchen. Bluepilled meme.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 275
People who says never train abs directly are either liars or they're blessed with good ab genetics. Same shit when people meme about abs being made in the kitchen. Bluepilled meme.
Lmao I never trained abs and I have had visible abs since I was 12 lmao and iam not even skinny

• +1
Lmao I never trained abs and I have had visible abs since I was 12 lmao and iam not even skinny
>blessed with good ab genetics

• +1
Reactions: Chad69
I never train abs directly and they are very visible. Perhaps because of my low body fat.
Should I do them on pull day?

• +1
Reactions: Hepatologyscribe
Ab wheel brah

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek and Deleted member 3328
Any point in doing so or is it just a cope?

+ @SixFootManlet

Abs are mostly genetics. some people are able to grow their abdominals muscles with exercise, whilst a lot simply can't. Some can see it at 18% body fat some see it at 8% body fat. Hell even losing weight/storing fat in the abdominal region is largely genetic. Indians have 30% more fat cells in the abdominal region than whites hence the "skinny fat" look.

So much misinformation in the fitness community, don't get me started on protein shakes. Its all there for profit btw.

Anyways I had surgery for this which is PERMANENT fat removal by taking the cells out and contouring of the abdominal muscles. See my guide, never mind the autists rambling what is morally right or wrong on my guide.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Hepatologyscribe, SixFootManlet and Deleted member 3328
Yes train it. You need to build muscle mass and then do reduction for your abs to really show.

• +1
the only benefit it has is that you still have visible abs if you go up in bodyfat. like i had abs all my life but since i went up 2% bf (at 12% now), my abs are less visible. i know guys with 13-14% who have abs popping okt

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470 and Deleted member 3328
the only benefit it has is that you still have visible abs if you go up in bodyfat. like i had abs all my life but since i went up 2% bf (at 12% now), my abs are less visible. i know guys with 13-14% who have abs popping okt
This. If you do not train abs honestly just kill yourself.

I normally do it as either warmup or superset it with other shit.

Cable crunches is GOAT. Anyone got any other goat excercises?

• +1
This. If you do not train abs honestly just kill yourself.

I normally do it as either warmup or superset it with other shit.

Cable crunches is GOAT. Anyone got any other goat excercises?
I will start doing them on a leg day

Don't like doIng ab work since in makes my waist bigger

• Woah
+ @SixFootManlet

Abs are mostly genetics. some people are able to grow their abdominals muscles with exercise, whilst a lot simply can't. Some can see it at 18% body fat some see it at 8% body fat. Hell even losing weight/storing fat in the abdominal region is largely genetic. Indians have 30% more fat cells in the abdominal region than whites hence the "skinny fat" look.

So much misinformation in the fitness community, don't get me started on protein shakes. Its all there for profit btw.

Anyways I had surgery for this which is PERMANENT fat removal by taking the cells out and contouring of the abdominal muscles. See my guide, never mind the autists rambling what is morally right or wrong on my guide.

Are protein shakes bad for you or just not necessary

Are protein shakes bad for you or just not necessary

The average person cannot tolerate lactose, so they are screwing up their gut health hence "protein farts".

its a waste product from dairy that some business guy in the gym thought hell lets sell it to teens they will buy anything. Dairy in general is garbage especially mass produced.

Most of the science behind it is bull shit "you must drink this within one hour after the workout or no gains" BS

So to be honest whey protein is actually bad for most people and unnecessary get it from real whole high quality foods.

Also stay away from sugars/simple carbohydrates in general holyshit that shit is poison for your body.

Just eat lots of HIGH QUALITY WHOLE FOODS, preferably organic. once you have done that with a good workout regime . After that its just your genetics and how it chooses to display itself.

Hanging leg raises + crunches + ab wheel once a week, not a lot to ask.

I do think abs are somewhat overrated though. Simply because the amount of time you spend shirtless around people in any given day, or year is limited, unless your life is spent living on a beach holiday. There's an argument to be made it's more important to look good in clothes than without. If you're trying to attract girls you meet in university, bars, clubs, socially, they're not going to see your abs. They will be looking at your frame, shoulders, chest, arms though, and you can show these off with the right clothing. In the large majority of scenarios, a woman won't see you shirtless until you're already being physically intimate.

I suppose if you're going to chase easy lays on tinder and social media though, having a god tier physique with shirtless pics may be the golden ticket.

• +1
Hanging leg raises + crunches + ab wheel once a week, not a lot to ask.

I do think abs are somewhat overrated though. Simply because the amount of time you spend shirtless around people in any given day, or year is limited, unless your life is spent living on a beach holiday. There's an argument to be made it's more important to look good in clothes than without. If you're trying to attract girls you meet in university, bars, clubs, socially, they're not going to see your abs. They will be looking at your frame, shoulders, chest, arms though, and you can show these off with the right clothing. In the large majority of scenarios, a woman won't see you shirtless until you're already being physically intimate.

I suppose if you're going to chase easy lays on tinder and social media though, having a god tier physique with shirtless pics may be the golden ticket.
The average person cannot tolerate lactose, so they are screwing up their gut health hence "protein farts".

its a waste product from dairy that some business guy in the gym thought hell lets sell it to teens they will buy anything. Dairy in general is garbage especially mass produced.

Most of the science behind it is bull shit "you must drink this within one hour after the workout or no gains" BS

So to be honest whey protein is actually bad for most people and unnecessary get it from real whole high quality foods.

Also stay away from sugars/simple carbohydrates in general holyshit that shit is poison for your body.

Just eat lots of HIGH QUALITY WHOLE FOODS, preferably organic. once you have done that with a good workout regime . After that its just your genetics and how it chooses to display itself.
Thanks for the high effort replies

So wrong. 5 pl8 diddly and 3.5 pl8 squat here. My abs are visible but not large or defined. Isolate your fucking abs.

I do 5 days soft workout 10 minuts

IMG 20200221 200340

And im in bulking

• Woah
If you have a decent lifting routine with deadlifts and squats your core will get hit nicely. I barely do any direct ab work and my abs are very prominent. You don't need to do a 100 crunshes with supersets or any of that bs.

• +1
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3328 and Hepatologyscribe
My thoughts exactly

I mean honestly its pretty obvious at that point, I can tell 99 out of 100 times if someone roided or not, after seeing tons of natty result and even extraordinary great ones. But roidsters more or less look all the same, they are like fkn clones of each other.

Im clearly above average natty in building muscles, and its nowhere near that mutant level shit. So yeah..

• +1
I mean honestly its pretty obvious at that point, I can tell 99 out of 100 times if someone roided or not, after seeing tons of natty result and even extraordinary great ones. But roidsters more or less look all the same, they are like fkn clones of each other.

So fucking true. Hopping on roids as soon as I can drop $700 on a years supply array nonetheless

Im clearly above average natty in building muscles, and its nowhere near that mutant level shit. So yeah..
So fucking true. Hopping on roids as soon as I can drop $700 on a years supply array nonetheless
Nevertheless his body still looks insane

• +1

I mean if its a good idea for you personally, then sure why not. You should get high IQ on that topic though, read some roidster forums etc.

Nevertheless his body still looks insane

Why I am hopping on roids. Just since this is a looksmax forum that centers around advice and achievement I think people should clarify they achieved it through roids and not conviniently leave out such pertinent info.

DOnt belive you at all. You don't get that from 10 minutes per day of soft training

• +1
Why I am hopping on roids. Just since this is a looksmax forum that centers around advice and achievement I think people should clarify they achieved it through roids

DOnt belive you at all. You don't get that from 10 minutes per day of soft training

I mean that shits not permanent afaik is it? If you stop roiding, body will build back, wont it? Think Ive read somewhere that you get slim again if you stop roiding.

I mean that shits not permanent afaik is it? If you stop roiding, body will build back, wont it? Think Ive read somewhere that you get slim again if you stop roiding.

If you have it just from 10 minutes per day of soft training and you stop yes i think you will lose nearly 100% of your gains. If you keep maxining out and adding weight i think you can keep more than half. Also I am working on building a decent base now, not going from skinny af to roids. I have been complimented on my arms and chest before and never touched roids.

Why I am hopping on roids. Just since this is a looksmax forum that centers around advice and achievement I think people should clarify they achieved it through roids and not conviniently leave out such pertinent info.

Yes i get that from 10min day,but for 3 years , when i start Gym i was 1:82*60kg ,now im 90,im an ectomorph
Idk but in exam i stop training but still bodymog everyone
If you have it just from 10 minutes per day of soft training and you stop yes i think you will lose nearly 100% of your gains. If you keep maxining out and adding weight i think you can keep more than half. Also I am working on building a decent base now, not going from skinny af to roids. I have been complimented on my arms and chest before and never touched roids.
No,for me ABS Is very very Easy to mantein,i can eat 4000kcal day (like now ) and still have ABS like in this Pics. In cutting ABS are insane,not this shit