Training legs only once per week - optimal for aesthetics?

Wallenberg

Wallenberg

Kraken
First of all, if you want to train your legs more often, go ahead, do whatever you want. You know your body better than I do. If you have "chicken legs" (too small legs compared to the upper body), then you should train your legs more often. If you have functional/athletic goals that require extensive leg training, go ahead, train your legs more.

However, for aesthetics, I think training legs once a week might be the best solution for many. You don't waste your time and energy squatting too much. You don't build bulky, too big legs. Too big legs? How can legs be too big?

Women want a man that looks strong, but looking strong isn't always the same as being strong. Being stronger doesn't automatically lead to bigger attraction. There was a study where women rated men's bodies and the key was looking strong but not necessarily being strong.

Looking strong = big upper body, small waist, and small legs compared to the upper body (but not too small). This requires low body fat %, training your upper body, and training your legs but not too much. A bigger guy with bigger legs (and/or higher body fat %) might be stronger, but not necessarily more attractive.

The key is to have an upper body that is big compared to the lower body. Big legs won't help with this. Normal-sized legs with a decent upper body create an appearance of being stronger than you actually are.

Training legs once a week should still make your legs stronger and have more muscle, so training them once a week doesn't totally neglect them.

A lot of fitness people go mad if you don't train your legs a lot, but often they have functional/athletic goals or want to build a "bulky" bodybuilder type of body where legs should be big. We don't care about that kind of body; at least I don't.

I currently train my legs once a week. I trained for several months with zero leg training. If I need to save time I can see myself skipping the leg day during some weeks. And if I notice that my legs are lagging behind, i.e. too small, then I add a second leg day, it's really that simple. Currently, my routine has 2 push, 2 pull, and 1 leg day per week. 2 rest days.

@MaherGOAT @LondonVillie @SubhumanCurrycel @Gargantuan

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane, Baldingman1998, PYT and 5 others
Being lean is way more important, also a body like cristiano ronaldo's is already extremely good for normies

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 756
Never skip leg day

you dont need legs to impress the ladies 🤡

you dont need legs to impress the ladies 🤡
Why should a guy who wants to maximize his aesthetics train legs more than once a week?

Tom Platz GOAT of legs.

• Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: Xangsane and Inscol
For actual strong legs and not some gay twink legs you don't need weightlifting etc.
Sprinting uphill. Box jumps. Squatting heavy rocks, squatting your heavy pet. Be able to do pistol squats
Thats it, and like old bodybuilders just don't train to failure

• +1
Reactions: PYT and animo123
But that's just an example that once a week is enough. He trained once a week.
Another thing is a lot of walking, SOMETIMES running in sand for resistance barefoot. So many gymbros don't even walk and say they get sore walking too long. Jfl. If you don't walk long but comfortable distances after a meal etc. don't bother with the gym
If you don't walk around a lot don't bother.

• +1
Reactions: PYT
I train them 3 times a week, most important muscle group after neck

• JFL
Reactions: Artemide
I train them 3 times a week, most important muscle group after neck
I don't see how legs are the most important muscle group after the neck for aesthetics.

Couldn’t agree more. I only train my legs every time I feel they got too small JFl

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
Couldn’t agree more. I only train my legs every time I feel they got too small JFl
This sounds like a viable strategy too. I think I might even start to train legs 0.5 times a week, in other words, every second week. Now I continue training once a week but I simply don't see why I should train legs more often if the goal is to increase SMV.

Thoughts @MaherGOAT?

First of all, if you want to train your legs more often, go ahead, do whatever you want. You know your body better than I do. If you have "chicken legs" (too small legs compared to the upper body), then you should train your legs more often. If you have functional/athletic goals that require extensive leg training, go ahead, train your legs more.

However, for aesthetics, I think training legs once a week might be the best solution for many. You don't waste your time and energy squatting too much. You don't build bulky, too big legs. Too big legs? How can legs be too big?

Women want a man that looks strong, but looking strong isn't always the same as being strong. Being stronger doesn't automatically lead to bigger attraction. There was a study where women rated men's bodies and the key was looking strong but not necessarily being strong.

Looking strong = big upper body, small waist, and small legs compared to the upper body (but not too small). This requires low body fat %, training your upper body, and training your legs but not too much. A bigger guy with bigger legs (and/or higher body fat %) might be stronger, but not necessarily more attractive.

The key is to have an upper body that is big compared to the lower body. Big legs won't help with this. Normal-sized legs with a decent upper body create an appearance of being stronger than you actually are.

Training legs once a week should still make your legs stronger and have more muscle, so training them once a week doesn't totally neglect them.

A lot of fitness people go mad if you don't train your legs a lot, but often they have functional/athletic goals or want to build a "bulky" bodybuilder type of body where legs should be big. We don't care about that kind of body; at least I don't.

I currently train my legs once a week. I trained for several months with zero leg training. If I need to save time I can see myself skipping the leg day during some weeks. And if I notice that my legs are lagging behind, i.e. too small, then I add a second leg day, it's really that simple. Currently, my routine has 2 push, 2 pull, and 1 leg day per week. 2 rest days.

Dnrd any of this but idk how people train legs more than once per week anyway. Top bodybuilders either split Hamstrings + Quads into 2 days or train legs once per week. Tom Platz used to train legs once per week/bi weekly at his peak because he would be de_stroyed after every leg workout. Basically, if you train them intensely, you shouldn't be able to train them twice a week anyway. Calves however can be trained daily/far more frequently.

• +1
Reactions: Renaissance.Chad and lejend

I'd be worried about ruining the cartilage in my knees by training my legs too much. It might be nothing to worry about too much now, but I wouldn't want to be one of those men who can barely walk when I get older.

just do push/pull but instead of 2 do one leg day i think is best.

• +1
For actual strong legs and not some gay twink legs you don't need weightlifting etc.
Sprinting uphill. Box jumps. Squatting heavy rocks, squatting your heavy pet. Be able to do pistol squats
Thats it, and like old bodybuilders just don't train to failure
cope!

Train legs twice a week. I actually enjoy legs more then upper body. Less machines less muscles to build

• +1
Reactions: zeke714 and PYT
But that's just an example that once a week is enough. He trained once a week.
Another thing is a lot of walking, SOMETIMES running in sand for resistance barefoot. So many gymbros don't even walk and say they get sore walking too long. Jfl. If you don't walk long but comfortable distances after a meal etc. don't bother with the gym
If you don't walk around a lot don't bother.
why not train to failure

you won't make gains if you don't atleast stop 1 or two reps before complete failure

autism. you'd have strong muscles but tendons and ligaments etc. wouldn't keep up. Gymcells are so healthminned it's ridicules. You are not going to PUA until your 40s bro

why not train to failure

you won't make gains if you don't atleast stop 1 or two reps before complete failure
personally I grow really easy from my bomb ass ray-pilled (Ray Peat) diet. check him out Raypeat.com
Really I barely go to the gym and have good muscle mass. One leg day and faurk I'm sore for a week. Maybe unfit? idk
gymcelling is cope

• +1
autism. you'd have strong muscles but tendons and ligaments etc. wouldn't keep up. Gymcells are so healthminned it's ridicules. You are not going to PUA until your 40s bro
Say that to Platz who squats 500 pounds at 65. Usually leg coper

Say that to Platz who squats 500 pounds at 65. Usually leg coper
My nigga Tom Platz isn't you average faggot rice chicken pufa overloaded trytophen bitch tit bodybuilder

He literally has bulletproof knees and has very good health. Most gymcells have very shit health and a beyond shit diet

mogs me and you tbh

holy Jesus. and his charisma is crazy. GABA activation maxxed aswell

look at these 2 weird faggots. literally mogged bro. is this your goal buddyboyo? or are you bloatmaxxing for PUA? have fun sucking dick bro

• Ugh..
Reactions: Inscol
No legs for your face

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad