tret and retinol

incliner

incliner

blackpill overdoser
can I use tret and retinol in the same week?

why would you use both? tret is a stronger retinoid than retinol

• +1
Reactions: got.daim, RealNinja, 5.5psl and 1 other person
Tret is a retinol

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
why would you use both? tret is a stronger retinoid than retinol
I just hopped on tret last week and I don’t wanna be using it every 2-3 days , would it not be better to use once a week or so just to start with?

There no point in doing so, tret by itself is very potent adding a retinol will likely do more harm than good

• +1
Reactions: got.daim, RealNinja, 5.5psl and 2 others
There no point in doing so, tret by itself is very potent adding a retinol will likely do more harm than good
true dat
I just hopped on tret last week and I don’t wanna be using it every 2-3 days , would it not be better to use once a week or so just to start with?
just use tret once a week to start with if you really want to and work your way up. ive been on it for over 18 months and ive used it every day since day one 0.05%

true dat

just use tret once a week to start with if you really want to and work your way up. ive been on it for over 18 months and ive used it every day since day one 0.05%
aight aight, I’ll wait and just do it once a week for now.

• +1
Reactions: qwertynineofive
true dat

also did you get any purge phases while starting tret or on your journey on it at all?

if so how did you minimise the purge phase if you did?

Yeah, I did. I just moisturised more and switched from the Cerave moisturising lotion to the Cerave moisturising cream as it was significantly thicker. Still though, I did purge and to this day can tend to get peeling around the chin area later in the day.

Only way to minimise purge is thick moisturiser multiple times a day, high spf uva + uvb sunscreen and Vaseline on lips. Then just wait it out, it’s not that long

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
Yeah, I did. I just moisturised more and switched from the Cerave moisturising lotion to the Cerave moisturising cream as it was significantly thicker. Still though, I did purge and to this day can tend to get peeling around the chin area later in the day.

Only way to minimise purge is thick moisturiser multiple times a day, high spf uva + uvb sunscreen and Vaseline on lips. Then just wait it out, it’s not that long
I see, thanks for the response will be taking in your advice. when you wake up in the morning after using tret , what do you go about in your skincare?

do you cleanse?
do you moisturise?
do you cleanse then apply spf before you go out?
do you apply spf in the morning even if your not going out?

and so on..

• +1
I see, thanks for the response will be taking in your advice. when you wake up in the morning after using tret , what do you go about in your skincare?

do you cleanse?
do you moisturise?
do you cleanse then apply spf before you go out?
do you apply spf in the morning even if your not going out?

and so on..
Okay bro here’s my entire routine. Keep in mind I am very acne prone so it’s pretty intensive but if you’re interested, I also live in Spain so all my stuff is over the counter there.

First thing after waking up:

• Wash face with luke warm water and Cerave blemish control cleanser
  • Splash cold water and ice face
  • Dry face
  • Apply 10% benzoyl peroxide gel
  • Apply the ordinary caffeine under eye serum
  • Apply stemoxydine to my hairline
  • Apply Cerave moisturising lotion
  • Once dry, even if not leaving the house I apply a cheap mercadona spf 50+ uva+uvb facial sunscreen and reapply around every 2 hours
Before bed

• 0.25mm microneedle hairline
  • Dry face
  • Apply tretinoin 0.05% and wait around 30 minutes to dry
  • Depending on the day, I apply either Cerave blemish control gel (aha and bha exfoliant), niacinamide and alpha arbutin serum or vitamin c serum
  • Apply minoxidil to hairline

I usually also use a hyaluronic acid serum to but I recently ran out. I also splash literally a few drops of water on my face after applying moisturiser as there’s hyaluronic acid in that lotion and it helps to further moisturise the skin. Only a few drops.

Okay bro here’s my entire routine. Keep in mind I am very acne prone so it’s pretty intensive but if you’re interested, I also live in Spain so all my stuff is over the counter there.

First thing after waking up:

• Dry face
  • Apply 10% benzoyl peroxide gel
  • Apply the ordinary caffeine under eye serum
  • Apply stemoxydine to my hairline
  • Once dry, even if not leaving the house I apply a cheap mercadona spf 50+ uva+uvb facial sunscreen and reapply around every 2 hours
Before bed

• 0.25mm microneedle hairline
  • Dry face
  • Apply tretinoin 0.05% and wait around 30 minutes to dry
  • Depending on the day, I apply either Cerave blemish control gel (aha and bha exfoliant), niacinamide and alpha arbutin serum or vitamin c serum
  • Apply minoxidil to hairline

I usually also use a hyaluronic acid serum too but I recently ran out. I also splash literally a few drops of water on my face after applying moisturiser as there’s hyaluronic acid in that lotion and it helps to further moisturise the skin. Only a few drops.
dam looks pretty solid to me.

I am also quite acne prone tbh

me personally in the mornings:

• wash my face with cold water
• ice my face for like 30 seconds to a minute
• cleanse or moisturise
• then before I leave my house to go somewhere I’ll apply vitamin c maelove serum , wait around 5 minutes then apply my La roche posay SPF.

• +1
dam looks pretty solid to me.

I am also quite acne prone tbh

me personally in the mornings:

• wash my face with cold water
• ice my face for like 30 seconds to a minute
• cleanse or moisturise
• then before I leave my house to go somewhere I’ll apply vitamin c maelove serum , wait around 5 minutes then apply my La roche posay SPF.
Looks good to me, how come you ice before cleansing?