Tretinoin Cream

TimeToChange

TimeToChange

Bronze
So I found a cream that looks like Retin a : Effederm ( Cause Retin a doesnt exist in my country).
Basically, its also a tretinoin cream but the ingredients are not exactly the same... Can someone explain if it's for the same purpose (Collagen and good skin)

Its not the same. Tretinoin its in the drug family of retinoids, what those generic main stream products all have is retinols, which are diferent, despite their markting claiming it act in the same way, "just a little bit weaker, and without side affects!"

Imagine like this, if castor oil its not cope for hair growth, castor oil would be your generic retinol product, and minoxidil would be tretinoin.

Retinol will still improve your skin, but its not in the same league as tretinoin, even the 0,025% formula, not even close.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: RichardSpencel and SOS-Sonic
Don't know how it compares to Retinal but Tretinoin SMACKS. My twin brother who did not take it for ~2 years like I did has noticeably different quality of skin. I also barely get any acne whatsoever now, despite my awful eating habits. Going to start using it again but wanted to take several months of a break from it as you should do with most acne / skin related medication.

Its not the same. Tretinoin its in the drug family of retinoids, what those generic main stream products all have is retinols, which are diferent, despite their markting claiming it act in the same way, "just a little bit weaker, and without side affects!"

Imagine like this, if castor oil its not cope for hair growth, castor oil would be your generic retinol product, and minoxidil would be tretinoin.

Retinol will still improve your skin, but its not in the same league as tretinoin, even the 0,025% formula, not even close.
Thx for the answer. Maybe I'm doing a mistake but I though that if the cream contain tretinoin, it means it was the strong one ( like retin a).
So I think EFFEDERM isnt like retinol.
I would like to link you the ingredient for you to compare but when I do a research it always come in french..

Thx for the answer. Maybe I'm doing a mistake but I though that if the cream contain tretinoin, it means it was the strong one ( like retin a).
So I think EFFEDERM isnt like retinol.
I would like to link you the ingredient for you to compare but when I do a research it always come in french..
If it has tret in it you’re good. Any other ingredients are just used to compound it

• +1
Reactions: TimeToChange
If it has tret in it you’re good. Any other ingredients are just used to compound it
Ok nice!
Now the low IQ question : should I put sunscreen if i'm behind a window? Or does the window block UV and other bad radiation?

Ok nice!
Now the low IQ question : should I put sunscreen if i'm behind a window? Or does the window block UV and other bad radiation?
does your window have a uv filter?
if it looks like a mirror from the outside then it probably does