Tretinoin for droopy upper eyelids (collagen), but risk of burning fat ?

Soalian

Soalian

Kraken
Any experiences on tretinoin around upper eyelid area, in order to keep droopy eyelids at bay (more collagen)?

Will it burn upper eyelid fat and give UEE ?

• +1
Reactions: Administrator
it makes your skin thinner, so why the fuck use it on eyelids, which is already thin enough?

tret is a fucking meme and i regret falling for it

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, ReignsChad, Slayercel and 2 others
it makes your skin thinner, so why the fuck use it on eyelids, which is already thin enough?

What did it do?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9699 and .👽.

For better collagen and elastin with aging.

• +1
Reactions: Administrator
For better collagen and elastin with aging.
It's all about the conundrum between losing fat or collagen, I can replace lost volume with fillers I guess, slowing the loss of collagen/elastin seems way harder in comparison.

Droopy eyelids/ptosis is a muscle issue and has nothing to do with collagen. You’re probably referring to hooded or puffy eyes with sagging skin covering the upper eyelids

Droopy eyelids/ptosis is a muscle issue and has nothing to do with collagen. You’re probably referring to hooded or puffy eyes with sagging skin covering the upper eyelids
Basically, I'm referring to the increasing hooding as you age, as the skin gradually loses elasticity from collagen/elastin loss

People like you is one of the reasons why I stopped using this site

there are many dermas that dont even prescribe it anymore

just do surface web research and ruin your skin for the rest of your life theory

ive done skincare for longer than your dogass anyways, ive used retinol, tretinoin, accutane all that shit so gtfo vermin

Last edited:

jfl
tret thickens the skin and it helped me with pigmentation on my under eye area which lacked fat before anyways

jfl
tret thickens the skin and it helped me with pigmentation on my under eye area which lacked fat before anyways
Yeah what he said doesn't make sense, trent thickens skin so it might help with dark circles

Still find it hilarious how people think localised fat loss is a thing

Swear someone was on about using an electro stimulation pen to train facial muscles, try one of those on your upper eyelids tbh

updates on this?

I've got sagging upper eyelids due to collagen loss I think, so it's like eyes are hooded but it's skin tissue mainly (and a bit of fat),

I'm considering using tretinoin to help in collagen and elasticity in the area, at the risk of burning through the little subcutaneous fat i've left here?

For upper eyelids, it really comes down to Tretinoin VS keeping your subcutenous fat,

it's sad that you cannot improve collagen with tretinoin without burning through the fat as well.

Am currently using Tret around eye area, because my collagen is bad and I get upper eyelid hooding from sagging soft tissue there,

which gives the impression of bone hooding, but it's the skin sagging there I think.

And I don't have much fat in the area.

So the plan is to use Tret around upper eyelid area (not much to lose), and then in the case it really decreases my hooding due to tret burning fat there,

then I'll be considering HA fillers there to get "fat-like" hooding there,

AND I'd have recovered collagen from Tret use as a benefit

year and a half later, you still don't have any answers for this

Am currently using Tret around eye area, because my collagen is bad and I get upper eyelid hooding from sagging soft tissue there,

which gives the impression of bone hooding, but it's the skin sagging there I think.

And I don't have much fat in the area.

So the plan is to use Tret around upper eyelid area (not much to lose), and then in the case it really decreases my hooding due to tret burning fat there,

then I'll be considering HA fillers there to get "fat-like" hooding there,

AND I'd have recovered collagen from Tret use as a benefit

Tretinoin kills the meibomian glands around the eye when you use it near eye skin. You will get permanent dry eyes. Its so bad people kill themselves over it

• +1
Reactions: WeAreBoundless