Tretinoin hasn't had any effect on my skin (Need alternatives)

D

Deleted member 1862

It's been 4 months since I started using tretinoin & the purge still hasn't ended. My skin is way worse than it was before starting, more spots in areas that I barely used to get spots in (even as a 16 yr old) & that's accompanied by hyperpigmentation when the spots fade. What the fuck is going on?

My routine is as follows.

Morning:

Cleanser
Moisturiser
Sunscreen

Evening:

Cleanser
Tretinoin 0.05
Moisturiser

What can I do to get rid of my acne & hyperpigmentation that won't fuck with my skin in the long run?

I have a feeling that highly elevated stress levels are the root to a lot of my current problems with hair & skin but I have NO IDEA what to realistically do about that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
ngl it only gave me dry skin, but generally for skincare and hairloss products you need to wait at least 6 months to see if it's working

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1680 and DianabolDownie
It's making me shed :lul:

try switching to 0.1?

at 0.025 for me it did nothing but I had a tretoin purge

I use 0.05 for 1,5 weeks now and my skin has ridiculously improved

if you are curious for pic dm me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
Also note ure still going through puberty so hormons might be really in play and you can't do much about it

Also note ure still going through puberty so hormons might be really in play and you can't do much about it
no bro, I mean I'm getting spots where I didn't even when I was a teenager. I'm early 20s.

no bro, I mean I'm getting spots where I didn't even when I was a teenager. I'm early 20s.
oh sry I read that u were 16years old

well, maybe you're still experiencing tretoin purge?

When I started purging out, I used benzoyl peroxide in the morning and retin-a in the evening and that really helped

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
When I started purging out, I used benzoyl peroxide in the morning and retin-a in the evening and that really helped
recommended brand of peroxide?