Tretinoin or Accutane for mild acne

House Lannister

House Lannister

Eva I loved you
For the past 2 years acne has been raping my face mildly but consistently. I go to the dermatologist and they give me some Jewish products that work for a few weeks but then it’s back to normal. I can’t get accutane because my parents think I’ll die or some shit from side effects (the side effects in question: dry lips). But I’ll be independent in 2 months when I move for uni so I’ll be able to get it then. But for now is 0.05 tretenoin actually effective? I would prefer just in case Accutane messes with my hair

get accutane

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, ItsOverCel and House Lannister
For the past 2 years acne has been raping my face mildly but consistently. I go to the dermatologist and they give me some Jewish products that work for a few weeks but then it’s back to normal. I can’t get accutane because my parents think I’ll die or some shit from side effects (the side effects in question: dry lips). But I’ll be independent in 2 months when I move for uni so I’ll be able to get it then. But for now is 0.05 tretenoin actually effective? I would prefer just in case Accutane messes with my hair
Whats your age, are u past 18?

I would recommend wait til your growth plates close til hop into accutane

Whats your age, are u past 18?

I would recommend wait til your growth plates close til hop into accutane
18 and a half. Only scandanvian kids who had puberty at 15 grow past this age

If your are over 18 and your acne is persistent - I suggest you should try accutane. Unless it's severe, you can stick to low doses (10-20 mg ed) and they will work fine for you with little to no side effects

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
Accutane is poison. Imagine taking that shit for mild acne.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17585, Deleted member 15827 and mvp2v1
i use acne.org and my mild acne is 90% clear in a few days.... Wish I never did accutane

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17585, Deleted member 15827 and stevenashbaby
They work but there are patients with higher cortisol defined by them unfortunately. Ultra low carbohydrates diet is ultimate cure for acne but quite challenging

Last edited:
18 and a half. Only scandanvian kids who had puberty at 15 grow past this age
Is your acne somehow causing scarring?

Im not talking about hyperpigmentation or red spots, im talking about tethered scars, small holes, etc

If its causing scars, then low dose accutane, if not, would try manage them with Benzoyl Peroxide and Adapalene on a regimen

They work but there are patients with higher cortisol defined by them unfortunately. Ultra low carbohydrates diet is ultimate cure for acne but quite challenging
why is it damaging?

Should I switch from adapalene to tretinoin ( 7 months on adapalene and still textured skin with some white heads and break out )