Tretinoin or Differin (Adapalen)?

Deusmaximus

Deusmaximus

Kraken
What is better? Can i use Tret 0.05 for anti aging every night, even if i have no acne?

I doubt you'll get a conclusive answer. Stick with whats cheaper imo.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 1100
Depends on your age and if your skin can take tretinoin. If you can take the tretinoin, go with that as it's the gold standard, but if you're getting irritation (beyond the usual peeling at the beginning), go for the adapalene as it's more gentle. Either way, start slow with them both and build up.

Fuck no. Don't use both tretinoin and adapalene at the same time. They're both retinoids. At best it would be pointless, at worst it'll fuck up your face big time.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
Fuck no. Don't use both tretinoin and adapalene at the same time. They're both retinoids. At best it would be pointless, at worst it'll fuck up your face big time.
It's common wisdom that you're supposd to use them both together. They target entirely different receptors.

Tret is better

It's common wisdom that you're supposd to use them both together. They target entirely different receptors.
Source? This is the first I've ever heard of using them together.

• +1
Tretinoin
is better and fast results but is a bit irritating than differin

• +1
Why take 0.05 if you have no acne?

I also have no acne and little blemish and I'll just start out with 0.025 tbh

Adapalene is selective and has less side effects.
.3 adapalene is as effective as .05 tretinoin according to studies.

What thing do u use?

• +1
Why take 0.05 if you have no acne?

I also have no acne and little blemish and I'll just start out with 0.025 tbh
Wanna do the best for anti aging, since im already 26, and will ascend during the next year.
Im using tret since 6 months, and now my skin does not flake anymore. But i am wondering if the daily use could damage my skin in any way?

Tretinoin (all-trans-retinoic acid) binds to all 3 retinoic acid receptors (alpha, beta and gamma). Whereas adapalene selectively binds to the beta and gamma receptors. This does not necessarily mean that they bind to "different" receptors, merely that adapalene is selective.
Damn alright. Turns out conventional wisdom was wrong. Cheers.

What thing do u use?
Nothing, but my skin has gone to shit recently.

You'll get better results sticking to a basic routine than you will if you inconsistently follow a very good routine.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Kinko and RAITEIII
Adapalene is selective and has less side effects.
.3 adapalene is as effective as .05 tretinoin according to studies.
I feel it's important to note that it was one study that compared the two (it also included a comparison of 0.1% adapalene too) and OTC adapalene is only available in the US in a 0.1% formula- you'd need a prescription for a 0.3%.
Wanna do the best for anti aging, since im already 26, and will ascend during the next year.
Im using tret since 6 months, and now my skin does not flake anymore. But i am wondering if the daily use could damage my skin in any way?

Unless you get irritation (you know the type, itching, flaking, redness) upping the regularity with which you use tretinoin won't harm your skin. Obviously, if you do get that irritation, back off a bit with the frequency.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1100