Tretinoin response

D

Deleted member 22623

2 PSL + NT = life
Is it possible to see improvements in skin smoothness after only 3 days of tret usage? I think I'm a hyperrespondent to retinoids, my acne scars are less visible and my skin 'glows' slightly more...

• +1
Reactions: mogging and Deleted member
Not possible

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22623
if ur skin was oily then yeah, because tret is good for stopping oil production

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: mogging, Deleted member 23848 and Deleted member 22623

I do have oily skin, which I know due to the amount of sebacious filaments on my nose and cheeks

• +1
Reactions: mogging
I do have oily skin, which I know due to the amount of sebacious filaments on my nose and cheeks
that is the reason. tret is super good at clearing up the oily mess. I stopped tret for 3 days, got oily nose and acne, started tret again, then the acne was gone after 2 days

• +1
Reactions: mogging
that is the reason. tret is super good at clearing up the oily mess. I stopped tret for 3 days, got oily nose and acne, started tret again, then the acne was gone after 2 days
did it do something for your acne scars?

did it do something for your acne scars?
i had no major acne scars to begin with. i had some small ones here and there. It is not noticeable anymore. I use tret because of collagen (im 28 and started to see my skin getting "older")

i had no major acne scars to begin with. i had some small ones here and there. It is not noticeable anymore. I use tret because of collagen (im 28 and started to see my skin getting "older")
whats your skin tone?

i ordered azelaic acid for acne scars

whats your skin tone?

i ordered azelaic acid for acne scars
i struggled with keratosis pilaris and sun damaged skin, it looked "textured" im still experiencing how tret works for me, because i get irritation from time to time. I have to do the "sandwiching" method in order to not get any irritation.

• +1
does your skin get oily 2h after showering?

• +1
Lifefuel

Do you think tret + niaciamide is a good combo for oily skin?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
i struggled with keratosis pilaris and sun damaged skin, it looked "textured" im still experiencing how tret works for me, because i get irritation from time to time. I have to do the "sandwiching" method in order to not get any irritation.
same, I went from 0.025 to 0.05 in 3 weeks because I was responding well to 0.025, no peeling or dryness

0.05 made my face itch a lot, had peeling and my nostril sides were dry af making it hurt and itch, my moisture barrier was raped
I rested for a couple of days and now I apply exactly a pea sized far from mouth area/nose area

how long you been using it for? and you gotten that tret glow?

wearing more moisturizer makes your skin texture more even it could be that

Lifefuel

Do you think tret + niaciamide is a good combo for oily skin?
I just use tret and it has been a godsent. However i went from having super oily skin to super dry skin

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 23848
same, I went from 0.025 to 0.05 in 3 weeks because I was responding well to 0.025, no peeling or dryness

0.05 made my face itch a lot, had peeling and my nostril sides were dry af making it hurt and itch, my moisture barrier was raped
I rested for a couple of days and now I apply exactly a pea sized far from mouth area/nose area

how long you been using it for? and you gotten that tret glow?
I use it for 3 months. But i just recently have gotten it right. My skin is still super dry. And no, moisture barrier wont repair itself. U need vaseline for that. Ive began slugging as the final step of tretinoin and it has been important. 0 irritation. The irritation is just the friction of dry skin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23848
I just use tret and it has been a godsent. However i went from having super oily skin to super dry skin
I'll take dry skin over the oily mess i am currently any day tbh it's the fucking worst especially in the summer

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
I use it for 3 months. But i just recently have gotten it right. My skin is still super dry. And no, moisture barrier wont repair itself. U need vaseline for that. Ive began slugging as the final step of tretinoin and it has been important. 0 irritation. The irritation is just the friction of dry skin
I used lil vaseline on mouth+nose area but the itching stopped overall after being off tret for 2 days

I'll take dry skin over the oily mess i am currently any day tbh it's the fucking worst especially in the summer
Yeah. I thought the itching etc was a chemical reaction of some sort at first. But its just the dryness. When it gets to that point of dryness We need to look at solutions. Because its not the barrier that has been damaged. Tretinoin dries the skin

I used lil vaseline on mouth+nose area but the itching stopped overall after being off tret for 2 days
I use tret 0.1 and i had no itching at all using the sandwich method combined with vaseline. Today however i tried using tretinoin directly on my skin with no sandwiching and i got some itching. Still nowhere close to the discomfort i had before i started to use vaseline though.

I use tret 0.1 and i had no itching at all using the sandwich method combined with vaseline. Today however i tried using tretinoin directly on my skin with no sandwiching and i got some itching. Still nowhere close to the discomfort i had before i started to use vaseline though.
You use vaseline all over your face?

At night I cleanse+tret+moisturizer

My routine is cleanse+moisturizer wait 30mins.then tretinoin. Wait another 30mins then moisturizer again. Wait 5-10 mins, then put vaseline all over my face

it amke me glow more and at first it seemed like no purge but now im slightly purging after a week