Tretinoin users gtfih - how did your skin change after you started using it?

ifyouwannabemylover

ifyouwannabemylover

Ascended
got tretinon for the first time, but still on the fence about using it tbh

what can I really expect from it

• +1
Reactions: Htobrother
5+ years user here, first you get through the purge , I'm 27 and people say to me your skin looks like a 22 years old. First i did it for acne but stuck with it for anti aging benefits.

No fat loss.
Under eyes can feel as though having fine lines/creppey skin but it due to dry skin around there.Otherwise having fine lines at this age of 27 is normal either way. Mine just looks minimal compared to some of my friends..

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lars and .👽.
I've been on it for a month and have only gotten a little acne on the side of my forehead nothing extreme like some people. Got mine from thebeautybliss found on the tretinoin subreddit if anyone needs an american source

I've been on it for a month and have only gotten a little acne on the side of my forehead nothing extreme like some people. Got mine from thebeautybliss found on the tretinoin subreddit if anyone needs an american source
what dose?

Its 0.025 cream as advised on here for starting. Its the same brand from alldaychemist

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
It gives you that plastic tranny glow.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1588
I started with 0.1%
Started one month ago i use it once a week

In 24h i can feel change in skin texture and quality (more smooth)

Also i didn't purge cuz i didn't have acne to begin with

And i look less tired cuz of collagen increase

Next week i will switch to 2/week

First time i use it, next day i put moisturizer it burned me, also you have skin peeling

I've been using it for over a month but I'm yet to experience any effect, either positive or negative

i got 0,025% Cream the first week i applied it everyday , and at week 2 i couldnt even open my mouth skin cracking driying peeling etc thats why i started using it every second day pea sized amount

0.05 everyday for the past 16 months. Very good

• +1
got tretinon for the first time, but still on the fence about using it tbh

what can I really expect from it
the purge was pretty severe for me, got really dry skin and looked way worse, supposedly it gets better after a few months then the real results start but i didn't want to start having to worry about moisturizing and using sunscreen all the time so i decided to stop taking it and start again when im 25

im using 0,025 cream every two days till my skin adapts since 2 weeks, when do you think results will be visible not just to me but also others, did others compliment your skin or commented on it?

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
im using 0,025 cream every two days till my skin adapts since 2 weeks, when do you think results will be visible not just to me but also others, did others compliment your skin or commented on it?
Yeah others complimented too. Probably 5-7 months of consistent use tbh

• +1
  • +1
  • Love it