Tried fasting for one day, left shaking

D

donkeyskin

Iron
I successfully skipped breakfast and lunch with ease but coming back from school I felt really weak and as I was about to practice driving I felt this horrible feeling, my heart was beating fast and I was shaking, I ended up taking the back seat and eating a granola bar because that’s all that my mom had. I don’t think it’s because of my diet from the previous days as I’ve been eating clean. Ate a nice big meal of beef, two eggs, and some milk but still feel a little weak. Should I try again another day?

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: lonelycurry and imthesupremecel
Solution
Kelly Oubre Jr
What could I do to solve this? Eat some fruits the day before?
it means you have poor insulin sensitivity and likely chronically elevated insulin you can reduce it with long term blood sugar management like low/no carbs and intermittent fasting until eventually you will be able to fast multiple days then you know its fixed, also you are probably electrolyte deficient too
sounds like a blood sugar problem

i fast 20-24 hours everyday no issue

• +1
Reactions: Nirvana and donkeyskin
it means you have poor insulin sensitivity and likely chronically elevated insulin you can reduce it with long term blood sugar management like low/no carbs and intermittent fasting until eventually you will be able to fast multiple days then you know its fixed, also you are probably electrolyte deficient too

• +1
Reactions: donkeyskin
Solution
check ur blood sugar throughout the day and then especially when u feel weak

if it gets < 70 then u should eat and work ur way up slowly over time to let ur body adjust its insulin sensitivity

• +1
Reactions: donkeyskin
The opposite, you want to accustom your body to eat low glycemic foods predominantly. That way you're more efficient at getting energy from triglycerides (fat). So when you fast your body doesn't go to hunger immediately to get you to eat sugar/carbs but resorts to your fat reserves.

• +1
Reactions: Kelly Oubre Jr and donkeyskin