Trimax or genio?(Plz give serious advice)

randomguyonthenet.

randomguyonthenet.

Bronze
I think a genio would suit me way better

Sorry, this is my pic

Attachments

• IMG_20240826_080914_079.jpg
    IMG_20240826_080914_079.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Please keep in mind that I am not an expert, so take everything I say with a grain of salt. Also, this picture isn't in perfect profile which is distorting the position of your jaws.

The first thing is that you should be much leaner so we can get an accurate view of what your actual underlying bone structure is. Currently it's difficult to tell where your gonions are sitting, and what the actual height of your jaw is. This can influence just how recessed you appear.

That being said, I think it's pretty clear that you are recessed. Your occlusion doesn't look too bad, but your jaws still don't look to be positioned quite right to me. I think you'd benefit far more from the bimax and genio rather than just the genio alone. I think you'd find the results of a genio alone to be quite disappointing.

• +1
Reactions: randomguyonthenet.
Please keep in mind that I am not an expert, so take everything I say with a grain of salt. Also, this picture isn't in perfect profile which is distorting the position of your jaws.

The first thing is that you should be much leaner so we can get an accurate view of what your actual underlying bone structure is. Currently it's difficult to tell where your gonions are sitting, and what the actual height of your jaw is. This can influence just how recessed you appear.

That being said, I think it's pretty clear that you are recessed. Your occlusion doesn't look too bad, but your jaws still don't look to be positioned quite right to me. I think you'd benefit far more from the bimax and genio rather than just the genio alone. I think you'd find the results of a genio alone to be quite disappointing.
Thank you for the detailed reply man.

• +1
Reactions: Asspear

I went to a surgeon here in my country and he said that a simple chin implant would suffice.

• JFL
Reactions: geenk worg
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: geenk worg and ihatewhiterose
I went to a surgeon here in my country and he said that a simple chin implant would suffice.
Sure, it'd be an improvement, absolutely. If it's enough to make you happy, then it's good enough, no matter the procedure. What will be more "aesthetically desirable" is another question. If you're striving for "better" rather than "best", then perhaps a genio or implant is enough to make you satisfied.

Most people have some degree of recession and most surgeons will therefore find it unnecessary to go through with a bimax even if it'd yield a more aesthetically pleasing result. For an average person seeking a moderate improvement to their facial structure this is fine, but if you're like the rest of us and are insane, then a typical approach won't leave you satisfied.

So really it's up to you. I'd still recommend getting leaner before making any decision though since it will inevitably reveal your underlying bone structure in much greater detail.

CT scans would also help assess your recession, if you happen to have gotten those from the surgeon you went to.

• +1
Reactions: geenk worg, SubhumanForever and randomguyonthenet.