Trouble breathing when sleeping

Julian

Julian

Kraken
I always get short of breath when I lay down, having trouble breathing in properly. I can't properly breath through my nose when laying down, I can when standing or sitting what the fuck. I remember reading something about this on this forum but don't know the title of the thread anymore. As we talk about surgeries often here does anyone have an idea what it could be and how it could be solved? I don't smoke or anything that can't be it. I don't wanna mouthbreath all fucking night.

Narrow airway.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 4464, Julian, AutisticBeaner and 2 others
It's most likely because your recessed (just guessing since you're on this forum). Could actually turn out to be a good thing as you'll probably be able to get bimax for free
I have 0 problems standing/sitting
When you're lying down it's different because gravity's pulling your tounge into your airway

• +1
Reactions: Julian and Deleted member 2621
try different head positions if its not working you are fucked

• +1
Reactions: Julian
so basicly the conclusion, MSE and bimax would probably do it.

apnea maybe? why are u asking us jfl we are maxilla experts not doctors

• JFL
Reactions: lookismfugee
Unfortunately the causes are many, it is not only one.
The best suggest to discover the problem is:

- Allergy test (could cause Turbinate hypertrophy)
- polysomnography test (to see eventually apnea during sleep).
- Go to otoralyngologist or maxillofacial surgeon to see eventually deviated nasal septum or narrow airway.

After that, you will clearly see the solution to fix it.

I've heard that sleeping without a pillow/on the floor will fix this over time. Not sure if true though.

Regarding recession. I dont think my mandible/maxilla is extremely recessed. If I got my teeth touching. My chin is under my lips, look at chico for example it doesnt have to protrude. Some counter clock wise rotation would be better but its fine atm