True zygomstic width

SubhumanityForce

SubhumanityForce

Bronze
Assuming someone is lean, what is their true bizygomatic width / face width?
Is it the zygo root to zygo root (in front of ear), the bony part?, or is there any other soft tissue (except fat) that covers it thay should be taken into account? If i have a ct scan and measure the distance from arch to arch at the most lateral points (having bones on the screen only), will the reading be the same as the true bizygo distance of a photo? Is there any muscle above the arch? And how thick it is

@RealSurgerymax

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel
The true bizygomatic width is from zygomatic arch-to-arch, its thickness varies from person and gender. The bizygomatic width that's usually measured from the front of the face is the zygomatic bone.
B9780323227841500313 f26 03 97803232278411

This is the bizygomatic breadth that's usually measured from the front (in between blue lines):
3581469 41C5825F 40B1 4CFD 8DAB 69C9FEB0C8D1

The true bizygomatic width is from zygomatic arch-to-arch, its thickness varies from person and gender. The bizygomatic width that's usually measured from the front of the face is the zygomatic bone.
View attachment 2973874

This is the bizygomatic breadth that's usually measured from the front (in between blue lines):
View attachment 2973878
I didn't ask about the thickness of the bone itself, I asked if there's anything on TOP of the bone that Increases the width