ULTIMATE FASTING GUIDE [EASY LEANMAXX]

Vista

Vista

Bronze
FASTING IS BY FAR THE EASIEST, FASTEST AND MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO LOSE BODY FAT

This guide will be a practical, step by step method on how to start fasting to lose fat and leanmaxx.

What is fasting?

Fasting is defined as "the act of abstaining from food [calories]"; it can take on many forms (alternate day fasting, 16:8, etc.). For the sake of this guide, fasting will be defined as prolonged fasting (48hr>) with water.

Intermittent fasting is a popular form of fasting. However, I do not recommend it as progress is slow, and it takes longer to see the same results you would see with prolonged fasting. For example, if it took you 1 month to lose 5kg of fat from prolonged fasting, it could take you 2 months to lose 5kg on intermittent fasting, 1 month that could've been spent in the gym or losing more fat.

Is fasting safe?

Provided you don't have diabeties or other serious medical condtions, fasting is likely safe if done properly.

How do I fast?

Simply don't consume any calories for a set period. This means that you don't eat any food or drink anything with calories.

In simple terms, the only thing you can consume during a fast is:
  • Regular (unflavoured) water
  • Tea (make sure it has no sweeteners/ sugar/ calories; many tea's have calories)
  • and coffee (provided it is pure coffee free of any sweeteners/ milk/ etc.).
It is recommended you fast for a minimum of three (3) days and a maximum of one (1) week. Anything longer than a week will likely lead to a significant depletion of micro-nutrients (vitamins, minerals). To counteract this, you can make snake juice, though this is only recommended for people with more experience.

How much fat will I lose?

This depends entirely on how long you fast for, to estimate how much fat you will lose:

1) Calculate your
Caloric needs, this is the number of calories required to sustain your body. As you are fasting you will be consuming 0 calories, therefore your caloric needs are your net defecit (e.g -2700cal/ day of fasting)

2) 1 kilogram (2.2 lb) of fat = 7700cal, therefore using the expression:

(|Caloric needs| x days fasting)/ 7700 = kg of fat lost

For example, lets say your caloric needs are 2700cal/ day and you plan to fast for 4 days, you would input: (2700 x 4)/ 7700 = 1.4kg of fat

Does fasting burn muscle?

Assuming you fast for no longer than a week at a time, fasting will not burn any muscle. Fasting only depletes glycogen stores in your muscles, which may make you look less muscular, though this is temporary. Your glycogen should fill back up within a few days of eating (use creatine during a fast to mitigate this).

Can I exercise during a fast?

Yes, but exercise should be light, so don't try hitting PR's or doing anything strenuous; if you want, you could do pushups, situps and go for a walk. You will not gain any muscle during a fast. Since you aren't fasting for longer than a week, you will not lose any muscle (which could warrant exercise to help preserve muscle); hence exercising is mostly pointless during a fast.

What do I do after a fast?

After a fast, you should have a refeed period; this is a time you use to replenish your micro-nutrients (e.g. potassium, sodium, etc.), eat some food and exercise. A minimum of 2-3 refeed days is recommended for beginners, though this could last for as long as you want. It is vital you eat foods high in micro-nutrients and exercise (to avoid muscle loss).

Some people recommend ending a fast by eating watermelon, cucumbers or other foods with high water concentrations to avoid stomach issues. Still, I find that I don't get any stomach issues, regardless of what food I eat. You should, however, not eat too fast.

DURING A REFEED PERIOD, ENSURE YOU EAT AT MAINTENANCE CALORIES, DO NOT EAT MORE CALORIES TO COMPENSATE FOR YOUR FAST.

IF YOU EAT MORE CALORIES THAN YOUR CALORIC NEEDS, YOU WILL GAIN FAT, AND YOUR FAST WOULD HAVE BEEN WASTED.

If you are fraud maxxing/ height maxxing I do not recommend injecting while fasting, I am unsure of any side effects you could encounter, and it would just be a waste of juice as you will not experience height/ muscle growth while fasting. If you are taking any supplements/ vitamins, try to dissolve them in water (depending on the supplement, this could make it ineffective), as swallowing them could cause nausea.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11887, mug, Iblamejordan and 5 others

• JFL
Reactions: dnrd
fasting for autophagy is legit.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
Or In the morning eat
-4 scoops of whey protein (120cal)(4) = 480 cal , 94g of protein

-a banana= 110 cal , 1g of protein

-8 oz of orange juice = 120 cal , 1g of protein

For lunch

-3 boiled eggs = 210, 18g of protein

at night

-8oz of chicken breast = 543 calories, 70g of protein

Total calories x 1 day = 1463

Total protein = 185g

1h of walking at a fast pace burns between 200-300 calories.

so in total you consumed 1463- 250 = 1213 calories.

not bad, with some patience you will burn a lot of fat without torturing yourself with insane starvation periods :lul:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 23558, ColeMoney, Kmscurry and 3 others
I fast almost every day, just poormaxxing bro

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Tyrone5833, hiwasuwor and 3 others
A hack for the boyos leanmaxxing. Stevia is a godsend, Get some cold water add a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice, and a couple of packets of stevia for 0 cal lemonade, better than the real thing. A blessing towards the end of the day on a deficit. :feelsgood:

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • Love it
Reactions: SurgeryEnjoyer, Deleted member 18325, Deleted member 14139 and 3 others
Or In the morning eat

For lunch

at night

Total protein = 185g

not bad, with some patience you will burn a lot of fat without torturing yourself with insane starvation periods :lul:
You gain nothing by doing this over a prolonged fast, it may be easier, but you just waste more time trying to achieve the same thing while spending more money on food.

Or In the morning eat

For lunch

at night

Total protein = 185g

I don’t know how you eat 1400 cals and still have energy to walk.

Do a guide on dry fasting. It is more efficient than water fasting

would vit c or any vitamin break the fast?

would vit c or any vitamin break the fast?
No, it will not break the fast as long as it has no calories (unless it is a gummy vitamin or something it probably has no calories, check the nutrtional information)

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Reactions: efidescontinuado
Do a guide on dry fasting. It is more efficient than water fasting
No it's not, you can only water fast for 3 days max, and even then you put yourself in a lot of risk, wheras you can water fast for more than a week. Water fasting is far more sustainable in the long run, meaning you can lose more fat in the long term. Fasting longer than 2 days also has a lot of health benefits, which are mostly unattainable while dry fasting.

You gain nothing by doing this over a prolonged fast, it may be easier, but you just waste more time trying to achieve the same thing while spending more money on food.
There are way more drawbacks with long fasting periods , you can get ulcers, lower your libido, increase depression, anxiety, mood swings, lower metabolism… and there’s a higher likelihood of gaining all the weight back in a short period of time believe me… is better to be disciplined and patient.

Took me 1 year to lose 75lbs and to this day I haven’t gained any of the weight back.

Since, I had a six pack for over a year now :Comfy::Comfy::Comfy:

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14139 and FatBunnyBaby
A hack for the boyos leanmaxxing. Stevia is a godsend, Get some cold water add a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice, and a couple of packets of stevia for 0 cal lemonade, better than the real thing. A blessing towards the end of the day on a deficit. :feelsgood:
you never heard of diet soda, have you?

There are way more drawbacks with long fasting periods , you can get ulcers, lower your libido, increase depression, anxiety, mood swings, lower metabolism… and there’s a higher likelihood of gaining all the weight back in a short period of time believe me… is better to be disciplined and patient.

Took me 1 year to lose 75lbs and to this day I haven’t gained any of the weight back.

Since, I had a six pack for over a year now :Comfy::Comfy::Comfy:

Nice ascension bro but fasting doesn't cause uclers, they are caused by bacteria or certain medications. Also, any sort of calorie restriction will decrease your metabolism, regardless of wether you are fasting or simply in a 500cal deficit.

In the guide I also mentioned not to surpass you maintenance calories, if you don't exceed that limit you will not gain any weight back. You couldve easily lost that weight within a few months instead of a whole year had you done prolonged fasting.

Good guide

leanest I’ve ever been is 18% so I’m gonna try this. I need 12% bad

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18325
As a long time gymcel, I've been tinkering with the idea of doing very low carb, ~only protein cutting like PSFM or RFL protocol to get fat adapted and then doing 24h-48h fast for extra fat loss once a week. If fat adaption really gives somewhat good muscle preservation anticatabolism effect..? Run time 2 weeks, carb up 3 days (PPL), repeat. IIRC newish data shows you benefit more from 3-5 days of carb upping vs the before thought one refeed day. Could work nicely at +12% bodyfat, under that it's probably risky doing pure fasting or even rapid fat loss protocols due to muscle loss:D