Ultimate Symmetry Guide: How To Fix Asymmetry & Why it is ESSENTIAL For Looksmaxing

Bread&Butter

Bread&Butter

Iron
Hey guys, Bread&Butter here!

This is my first thread and I have decided to discuss the topic of symmetry and how it plays a role in attractiveness.

Sit back, grab a snack, and enjoy!

Sit Down Relax GIF by BrownSugarApp
Brea 400x400

Why is having a symmetrical face important?

The preference for symmetrical faces is often linked to evolutionary psychology, suggesting that symmetry is an indicator of genetic quality and health, which makes symmetrical individuals more attractive as potential mates.

Face symmetry reflects developmental stability, meaning that an individual has developed without significant genetic or environmental stressors that could lead to asymmetries. Studies have shown that symmetrical faces are generally perceived as more attractive across cultures and even non-human species. This preference is believed to be an adaptation for mate selection, as symmetry signals good genes and overall health.

Here are studies:

This study, available on PubMed Central, discusses various facial characteristics that influence attractiveness, including symmetry. It provides an evolutionary perspective on why symmetrical faces are often perceived as more attractive, suggesting that symmetry may be an indicator of genetic quality and developmental stability.

This study, published in the journal Behavioral Ecology, also explores the role of facial symmetry in attractiveness. It supports the idea that symmetrical faces are generally preferred, as they may signal good health and genetic fitness, which are advantageous traits from an evolutionary standpoint.

Ok, so now that we have gone over why having good symmetry is important in signaling good genes and health, I would like to show you a clear example of a symmetrical face in comparison to one that is not.

(I believe we can all agree that the girl's face on the left has the best symmetry out of the three variations)

Now, let's look at why our faces are asymmetrical and how we can reduce the effect.

[Key: Explanation (blue) & Solution (red)]

What is the root cause of facial asymmetry?

The asymmetry in your face is not due to sleeping on your side or having larger bones on one side. Instead, it’s likely caused by tightness in your connective tissues, including muscles and fascia. This tightness can even create visible imbalances that extend down to your lower spine. One of the most common sources of this issue is tightness in the chewing muscles, especially the Pterygoid and Masseter muscles. If you habitually chew more on one side, it can make the connective tissue on that side tighter, leading to asymmetry.

Another key factor contributing to muscle tightness and, consequently, facial asymmetry is the lack of a protein called Calcium ATPase. When a muscle contracts, calcium enters the muscle cells. Calcium ATPase is responsible for removing this calcium to allow the muscle to relax. Without sufficient ATP (the energy required for Calcium ATPase to function), calcium remains in the muscle cells, preventing them from relaxing. This leads to increased muscle tightness, greater asymmetry in your body, a higher likelihood of storing trauma in tissues, and even reduced strength when the muscle fully contracts, affecting athletic performance.

Interestingly, it takes more energy to keep a muscle relaxed than to contract it. To achieve a more symmetrical face, you should focus on increasing the chemical energy in your body.
Here are some simple ways to reduce excess calcium in your muscle cells:

• Use a sauna
Sport Sweating GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

• Practice grounding (barefoot on earth)
minka kelly beach GIF by Hallmark Channel

face edition GIF

• Take Epsom salt baths
bath bathing GIF

• Engage in light movement of the muscles, such as chewing when it comes to facial muscles
Chewing Gum Zoo GIF by Storyful

• Ensure you’re getting enough minerals:
    • (indulge in oysters, swimming in ocean water, organ meats (liver, heart), raw milk, nettle tea, bee pollen, shellfish, shilajit, seaweeds)
France GIF by Turner Classic Movies

(RIP Alain Delon)

Consuming more calcium (except for calcium oxalate from greens like spinach or kale) can help reduce calcium buildup in your soft tissues. This is because calcium intake directly affects the levels of hormones like Calcitonin and PTH, which regulate calcium in the body.

Now, let's cover other areas that can be overlooked:feelstrash:
Power of grooming - you should consider getting your eyebrows threaded or touched up with some tweezers and an eyebrow razor, you can easily achieve symmetrical eyebrows which could help your eye area's symmetry (will go more in-depth later). Look at this example of a before and after:

(If your eyebrows are too thin, consider using a derma stamp with some castor oil or beef tallow afterward to promote hair growth.)

Fix your posture - If your posture is really bad then you should read this:

Sleepy Chicago GIF by Brookfield Zoo
skeleton effects GIF

The PSNS (Parasympathetic Nervous System) and SNS (Sympathetic Nervous System) are two states of your autonomic nervous system.

• The PSNS is active when you're in a "rest and digest" mode.
  • The SNS kicks in during "fight or flight" situations.
The PSNS is linked to back-chain dominance, which is crucial for good posture. This means that being in a PSNS state is essential for maintaining proper posture.

The higher your CO2 tolerance, the better you can handle stress. A higher CO2 tolerance keeps you more in the PSNS state and less in the SNS state since the SNS is triggered by stress. Low CO2 tolerance, or an underdeveloped upper jaw (Maxilla), can cause your body to adopt a forward head posture as a way to compensate. By improving your CO2 tolerance, your body won't feel suffocated, helping you eliminate forward head posture.
One way to train CO2 tolerance is with Buteyko breathing (click link).

Eyes and ears: Your ears and eyes are part of the sensory system, which is essential for your body to feel gravity and maintain an upright posture. If your hearing or vision is asymmetrical, it can lead to an imbalanced posture.

Here are some ways to improve symmetry in your eyes and ears:

frustrated eric cartman GIF by South Park

• Limit wearing headphones
  • Massage facial nerves
  • Spend time outside
  • Train your eyes (below)
Eye Exercise: This simple exercise can quickly level your shoulders and correct other asymmetries:

Watching See You GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

1. Grab a pen or pencil.
  2. Hold it at arm’s length.
  3. Focus on the tip with your eyes.
  4. Slowly bring it closer to your nose.
  5. Repeat several times.
NB: Never force your posture. Instead, gently guide your body. Don't walk uncomfortably—your body knows what’s best for you.

Ok, that is all to be discussed. Leave your thoughts below!

THANK YOU FOR READING MY FIRST THREAD :y'all:

lady gaga love GIF

@enchanted_elixir - I was inspired to make this thread and account after reading all of Enchanted's threads, big up that guy.:heart:

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Offensive Bias, TechnoBoss, Akuzy and 30 others
didn't read but bump for the effort

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Outerz14, ttlurker, NZb6Air and 2 others
nathan

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: theosis, mog_or_be_mogged, Outerz14 and 3 others
hello bread & butter

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Outerz14, tempelcat4, NZb6Air and 1 other person
Bro I fr had to rewrite this entire thing bc the "saved drafts" feature did NOT work :( Anyways I tried my best and I hope you guys enjoy.
didn't read but bump for the effort

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Outerz14, QuintBarnaJonesJr, enriquecel and 3 others
First

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Outerz14, Bread&Butter, nathan and 2 others
Great read but no way to fix an asymmetrical face with those things you mentioned.

• +1
Reactions: nathan, Outerz14, Frexa and 5 others
Who does blud think he is being all cute and helpful

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: cromagnon, Alexios, nathan and 4 others
good effort but most of this things are cope

• +1
Reactions: nathan, Outerz14, YungTrappa and 3 others
repped cuz its better than some of the threads ive seen in this section in the past few months 😂😂

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14, NZb6Air and Bread&Butter
good effort but most of this things are cope
I would love for you to implement these habits, you will see improvements in the long run if ur consistent. ☕

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: nathan, Outerz14, zaza dealer and 4 others

This is my first thread and I have decided to discuss the topic of symmetry and how it plays a role in attractiveness.

View attachment 3111003

The preference for symmetrical faces is often linked to evolutionary psychology, suggesting that symmetry is an indicator of genetic quality and health, which makes symmetrical individuals more attractive as potential mates.

Face symmetry reflects developmental stability, meaning that an individual has developed without significant genetic or environmental stressors that could lead to asymmetries. Studies have shown that symmetrical faces are generally perceived as more attractive across cultures and even non-human species. This preference is believed to be an adaptation for mate selection, as symmetry signals good genes and overall health.

Here are studies:

This study, available on PubMed Central, discusses various facial characteristics that influence attractiveness, including symmetry. It provides an evolutionary perspective on why symmetrical faces are often perceived as more attractive, suggesting that symmetry may be an indicator of genetic quality and developmental stability.

This study, published in the journal Behavioral Ecology, also explores the role of facial symmetry in attractiveness. It supports the idea that symmetrical faces are generally preferred, as they may signal good health and genetic fitness, which are advantageous traits from an evolutionary standpoint.

Ok, so now that we have gone over why having good symmetry is important in signaling good genes and health, I would like to show you a clear example of a symmetrical face in comparison to one that is not.

View attachment 3110652

(I believe we can all agree that the girl's face on the left has the best symmetry out of the three variations)

Now, let's look at why our faces are asymmetrical and how we can reduce the effect.

The asymmetry in your face is not due to sleeping on your side or having larger bones on one side. Instead, it’s likely caused by tightness in your connective tissues, including muscles and fascia. This tightness can even create visible imbalances that extend down to your lower spine. One of the most common sources of this issue is tightness in the chewing muscles, especially the Pterygoid and Masseter muscles. If you habitually chew more on one side, it can make the connective tissue on that side tighter, leading to asymmetry.

Another key factor contributing to muscle tightness and, consequently, facial asymmetry is the lack of a protein called Calcium ATPase. When a muscle contracts, calcium enters the muscle cells. Calcium ATPase is responsible for removing this calcium to allow the muscle to relax. Without sufficient ATP (the energy required for Calcium ATPase to function), calcium remains in the muscle cells, preventing them from relaxing. This leads to increased muscle tightness, greater asymmetry in your body, a higher likelihood of storing trauma in tissues, and even reduced strength when the muscle fully contracts, affecting athletic performance.

Interestingly, it takes more energy to keep a muscle relaxed than to contract it. To achieve a more symmetrical face, you should focus on increasing the chemical energy in your body.

• Use a sauna

face edition GIF

• Take Epsom salt baths
bath bathing GIF

• Engage in light movement of the muscles, such as chewing when it comes to facial muscles

• (indulge in oysters, swimming in ocean water, organ meats (liver, heart), raw milk, nettle tea, bee pollen, shellfish, shilajit, seaweeds)

(RIP Alain Delon)

Consuming more calcium (except for calcium oxalate from greens like spinach or kale) can help reduce calcium buildup in your soft tissues. This is because calcium intake directly affects the levels of hormones like Calcitonin and PTH, which regulate calcium in the body.

Power of grooming - you should consider getting your eyebrows threaded or touched up with some tweezers and an eyebrow razor, you can easily achieve symmetrical eyebrows which could help your eye area's symmetry (will go more in-depth later). Look at this example of a before and after:

View attachment 3110853
(If your eyebrows are too thin, consider using a derma stamp with some castor oil or beef tallow afterward to promote hair growth.)

skeleton effects GIF

The PSNS (Parasympathetic Nervous System) and SNS (Sympathetic Nervous System) are two states of your autonomic nervous system.

The PSNS is linked to back-chain dominance, which is crucial for good posture. This means that being in a PSNS state is essential for maintaining proper posture.

The higher your CO2 tolerance, the better you can handle stress. A higher CO2 tolerance keeps you more in the PSNS state and less in the SNS state since the SNS is triggered by stress. Low CO2 tolerance, or an underdeveloped upper jaw (Maxilla), can cause your body to adopt a forward head posture as a way to compensate. By improving your CO2 tolerance, your body won't feel suffocated, helping you eliminate forward head posture.

Eyes and ears: Your ears and eyes are part of the sensory system, which is essential for your body to feel gravity and maintain an upright posture. If your hearing or vision is asymmetrical, it can lead to an imbalanced posture.

• Massage facial nerves
  • Spend time outside
Eye Exercise: This simple exercise can quickly level your shoulders and correct other asymmetries:

1. Grab a pen or pencil.
  5. Repeat several times.
NB: Never force your posture. Instead, gently guide your body. Don't walk uncomfortably—your body knows what’s best for you.

lady gaga love GIF

@enchanted_elixir - I was inspired to make this thread and account after reading all of Enchanted's threads, big up that guy.:heart:
was this really worth the 8 reps?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: nathan, Outerz14, NZb6Air and 2 others
Practice grounding (barefoot on earth)
High iq thread OP :feelsohgod:

I didn't know about the grounding part for assymetry :feelstastyman:

I'll definitely try to implent that in the coming weeks and see if i improve in some way thanks for the tips :ogre:❤️

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Outerz14, Bread&Butter and BrutalMogger
Who does blud think he is being all cute and helpful
Boss, many more threads will come from me. I will put more effort into the future ones, this is my first thread so idfk how good it is in terms of presentation but I'll improve them 100% :coffee:

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14, skkrrrtcantdo and BrutalMogger
what does that eye exercise has to do with symmetry an shoulders?

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14 and BrutalMogger
Great read but no way to fix an asymmetrical face with those things you mentioned.
Best to try them. Trust the process. Take before and after pictures..

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14, BrutalMogger and enriquecel
what does that eye exercise has to do with symmetry an shoulders?
bcuz the perpetual motion of massaging your clavicular chesticle fibres automatically gives you hunter eyes, trust me bhai

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14, QuintBarnaJonesJr and BrutalMogger
First

bcuz the perpetual motion of massaging your clavicular chesticle fibres automatically gives you hunter eyes, trust me bhai
I am first

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Outerz14, Bread&Butter and enriquecel
This wont fix my asymmetrical cheekbones and eyes bhai
You need to be chad to pull off asymmetries

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14
This wont fix my asymmetrical cheekbones and eyes bhai
You need to be chad to pull off asymmetries
There is an eye section in the thread. Do the other things mentioned in the thread and I promise your face will be more symmetrical.

• +1
There is an eye section in the thread. Do the other things mentioned in the thread and I promise your face will be more symmetrical.
Nother cope to try :feelswah::feelswah::feelswah:

• +1
Nother cope to try :feelswah::feelswah::feelswah:
You guys got to teach me this website's terms like "JFL", "bump" etc. Where can I learn about them?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Outerz14, YungTrappa, BrutalMogger and 1 other person

View attachment 3111003

Here are studies:

View attachment 3110652

• Use a sauna

face edition GIF

• Take Epsom salt baths
bath bathing GIF

(RIP Alain Delon)

View attachment 3110853

skeleton effects GIF

• Massage facial nerves
  • Spend time outside

1. Grab a pen or pencil.
  5. Repeat several times.

lady gaga love GIF

good thread

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14 and Bread&Butter

View attachment 3111003

Here are studies:

View attachment 3110652

• Use a sauna

face edition GIF

• Take Epsom salt baths
bath bathing GIF

(RIP Alain Delon)

View attachment 3110853

skeleton effects GIF

• Massage facial nerves
  • Spend time outside

1. Grab a pen or pencil.
  5. Repeat several times.

lady gaga love GIF

tag the moderators for botb or sticky consideration

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14, raabla and Bread&Butter
start chewing from the other side?

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14 and Bread&Butter

View attachment 3111003

Here are studies:

View attachment 3110652

• Use a sauna

face edition GIF

• Take Epsom salt baths
bath bathing GIF

(RIP Alain Delon)

View attachment 3110853

skeleton effects GIF

• Massage facial nerves
  • Spend time outside

1. Grab a pen or pencil.
  5. Repeat several times.

lady gaga love GIF

nice effort and formatting useless thread

• +1
nice effort and formatting useless thread
The info may seem a like a long shot but I’ve been doing these things on the side, a couple times a week like epsom baths, training my weaker eye, grooming my eyebrows properly, massaging my masseters etc. It’s really been helpful. It does look like it makes no sense but it falls into place once u actually start doing it. Anyway bro have a good day.

• +1
The info may seem a like a long shot but I’ve been doing these things on the side, a couple times a week like epsom baths, training my weaker eye, grooming my eyebrows properly, massaging my masseters etc. It’s really been helpful. It does look like it makes no sense but it falls into place once u actually start doing it. Anyway bro have a good day.
Its not that the threads useless, im not overexaggerating when i say this, theres been atleast AT MINIMUM 10K threads that say the exact same stuff this one does, this stuff is so basic i could walk up to my sister and shed be able to list them all for me no offense

• +1

View attachment 3111003

Here are studies:

View attachment 3110652

• Use a sauna

face edition GIF

• Take Epsom salt baths
bath bathing GIF

(RIP Alain Delon)

View attachment 3110853

skeleton effects GIF

• Massage facial nerves
  • Spend time outside

1. Grab a pen or pencil.
  5. Repeat several times.

lady gaga love GIF

all your threads are water, but have high effort:love:

• +1
Reactions: Outerz14 and ascendedchad
WHICH IS BETTER CASTOR OIL OR BEEF TALLOW FOR EYEBROWS?

• +1
Reactions: Bread&Butter and Outerz14
Good effort thread

• +1
Reactions: Bread&Butter

View attachment 3111003

Here are studies:

View attachment 3110652

• Use a sauna

face edition GIF

• Take Epsom salt baths
bath bathing GIF

(RIP Alain Delon)

View attachment 3110853

skeleton effects GIF

• Massage facial nerves
  • Spend time outside

1. Grab a pen or pencil.
  5. Repeat several times.

lady gaga love GIF

@Jason Voorhees

• +1
  • Use a sauna

And how can these these things fix a lopsided face??? Seriously??? You think were all retarded kids going to just believe this can fix our ugliness? This is just shit. Oh and I dropped it: 🖕

And how can these these things fix a lopsided face??? Seriously??? You think were all retarded kids going to just believe this can fix our ugliness? This is just shit. Oh and I dropped it: 🖕
I appreciate your concern, but there's no need for rudeness. I've dedicated considerable time to researching this topic, and everything I've presented is backed by both scientific evidence and anecdotal experiences.

I've made the effort to compile this information in a clear, presentable manner for your convenience, with no personal benefit to myself. In this thread, certain techniques have proven particularly effective, such as massaging the masseter muscles and properly grooming eyebrows. Additionally, practices like sauna use, grounding, and Epsom salt baths collectively help reduce excess calcium in muscle cells, alleviating uneven muscle tension that may have caused asymmetry in the first place. These methods not only address aesthetic concerns but also contribute to overall health and well-being.

If you don't have anything constructive to add, it's best to refrain from commenting, especially when someone is genuinely trying to help. I understand that frustration with one's appearance can be challenging, but it's important not to project those feelings onto others who are offering assistance. Let's strive to maintain a positive and supportive environment. I hope you have a good day and apply the useful information I have given you to your life. ☕:heart:

I appreciate your concern, but there's no need for rudeness. I've dedicated considerable time to researching this topic, and everything I've presented is backed by both scientific evidence and anecdotal experiences.

I've made the effort to compile this information in a clear, presentable manner for your convenience, with no personal benefit to myself. In this thread, certain techniques have proven particularly effective, such as massaging the masseter muscles and properly grooming eyebrows. Additionally, practices like sauna use, grounding, and Epsom salt baths collectively help reduce excess calcium in muscle cells, alleviating uneven muscle tension that may have caused asymmetry in the first place. These methods not only address aesthetic concerns but also contribute to overall health and well-being.

If you don't have anything constructive to add, it's best to refrain from commenting, especially when someone is genuinely trying to help. I understand that frustration with one's appearance can be challenging, but it's important not to project those feelings onto others who are offering assistance. Let's strive to maintain a positive and supportive environment. I hope you have a good day and apply the useful information I have given you to your life. ☕:heart:
Thank you for taking the time to share your research and experiences. I can see you've put a lot of effort into compiling this information, and I appreciate your dedication. My intention wasn't to be rude, and I'm sorry if my previous comments came across that way. I respect the work you've done and the perspective you're offering.

The techniques you've mentioned, like massaging the masseter muscles and using Epsom salt baths, are interesting approaches that could be helpful for some people. It's great that you're contributing to the discussion with methods that have worked for you and others.

Let's keep the conversation positive and focused on helping each other. I value the exchange of ideas and hope we can continue to do so in a respectful and supportive way. Wishing you a great day ahead! ☕:heart:

• +1
its caused by bones u idiot get surgery or no fixing