Unattractive faces are more attractive when the bottom-half is masked (JAW IS LAW STUDY)

ifyouwannabemylover

ifyouwannabemylover

Chasing Vanity

The Mask × Attractiveness Group interaction showed that for the low attractiveness group, participants rated faces with masks as more attractive compared to their unmasked faces; while in the high attractiveness group the ratings were not significantly different between masked and unmasked of attractive faces.
The Mask × Stimuli Sex interaction reflects that as females are more attractive than males overall and masks increase the attractiveness of both females and males, a masked male is perceived as attractive as an unmasked female, but a masked female is significantly more attractive than an unmasked male.
Collectively, across four experiments, our study reveals that facial masks increase the perceived attractiveness of less attractive faces, while they do not affect those that are highly attractive. This finding applies to young and old faces, and it extends to other methods of isolating the region of the upper face; but it does not apply to the situation when the lower half of the face is isolated. These findings suggest that a positivity-bias enhances the perception of unattractive faces when only the upper face is visible, a finding that may not extend to attractive faces because of the perceptual weight placed on their eye-region.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lawton88, Rt-Rust1, Deleted member 24348 and 1 other person
Eye area still fucks you up regardless

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro, Deleted member 13787, ItsOver999 and 1 other person
brutal

Lol

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: A23ghskung, redmaxx, Deleted member 42701 and 8 others
Eye area still fucks you up regardless
Yeah but this shows that jaw carries more weight it seems
I think it's because actual death tier eye areas are rare.

and even if you do have a really shitty eye area, a good lower third can somewhat offset it:
bigstock-Marko-Jaric-at-the-ESPY-58076633.jpg

but not the other way round. basically, if you have shit jaws then you're not living.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: LooksThinker, Lawton88, stevenashbaby and 4 others
as females are more attractive than males overall
women are uglier than men by far, men just have incredibly low standards.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 25377, Schönling, adotsdot and 6 others

and even if you do have a really shitty eye area, a good lower third can somewhat offset it:

but not the other way round. basically, if you have shit jaws then you're not living.

Jawline won't save u.

I have both JFL.

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing, Deleted member 13787, Deprived and 2 others

Legit

that's like an average lower third and eye areas this bad are rare

not saying eye area isn't extremely important too though
His eye area mogs mine or i am similar to it. Personally i believe the highest someone can ever get without a good eye area (So medicore or below) Is MTN.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and ifyouwannabemylover
His eye area mogs mine or i am similar to it. Personally i believe the highest someone can ever get without a good eye area (So medicore or below) Is MTN.
sounds about accurate yea

in regards to a real shitty eye area that is

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22841
Yeah but this shows that jaw carries more weight it seems
Hunter eyes will always look good even with a narrow jaw or a slightly recessed chin while even if you have cavill-tier jaw you will never be good looking with a narrow IPD.
Eye area > everything else, eye area can save a weak jaw, jaw can't save a fucked up eye area.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: angelo, Pikabro, GandyIsNormie and 2 others
Hunter eyes will always look good even with a narrow jaw or a slightly recessed chin while even if you have cavill-tier jaw you will never be good looking with a narrow IPD.
Eye area > everything else, eye area can save a weak jaw, jaw can't save a fucked up eye area.
I'm still inclined to agree with you despite what this study showed. And it's only 1 study. Maybe there's a certain percentile for both eye area and jaw where one is more/less important than the other

• +1
Reactions: FrenchChad
All of you are misinterpreting this. The study said that "the bottom half of the face is masked". It means that when you can only see the eye area of a man, he is more attractive. Makes perfect sense, bad jaws are more common than bad eye area.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member, Johanjohan, Deleted member 16371 and 1 other person
I remember seeing so many women thinking they were beautiful Stacies during the pandemic. They removed their mask later and were fucking rats

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member, mug, Pikabro and 5 others
ugly faces are even more attractive when the whole face is covered.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19294 and quackspirations
My jaw isn’t particularly good and I look much worse with a mask on, I dunno what that means

women are uglier than men by far, men just have incredibly low standards.
nigga have you actually looked at peoples' faces in public? yes, women may be more landwhale tier which is disgusting but a normal woman fogs a normal man fr fr

• +1
Reactions: Johanjohan and Deleted member 23778
nigga have you actually looked at peoples' faces in public? yes, women may be more landwhale tier which is disgusting but a normal woman fogs a normal man fr fr
average dutch foid looks like this.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Lawton88 and Deprived
not my problem

• JFL
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
makeup, your libido heavily influences

• +1
Reactions: Dystopian
You need good eyes and good jaw

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19294
Legit.

I have COMPLETLY CUCKED myself for years rocking 80% full/20%patchy facial hair for the past few years. Since i didn't think it was full and it was red

I use to wear like 1-3mm. NOPE i saw a post on here nick batemans wears 11MM! on his chin so I decide to try like 7mm iOi go up 10x fold. From a fucking lesbian to a grown man. 7MM bare minimum

I even took the sides down to 5mm today it's not even close to enough. You need 7mm+ Bare minimum

Water. Dentofacial growth is number one when it comes to Western beauty standards. Every attractive person has good forward growth

because libido; men have low standards

objectively speaking, they look worse than men
as if women would suddenly start fucking subhumans if they had crazy high libido

they have more options is the difference
so if we assumed that men and women had equal libido then men should have more options if they looked better than women like you said

doesn't work like that

Last edited:
so if we assumed that men and women had equal libido then men should have more options if they looked better than women like you said

doesn't work like that
i mean the sex drive is a strong reason why men over appreciate women. if less men cared about sex, women’s value will way be less

this gives women more options to choose their partner

a man’s face is far more complex, which is why chads are so rare but when it happens, they look insane

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22126 and ifyouwannabemylover
i mean the sex drive is a strong reason why men over appreciate women. if less men cared about sex, women’s value will way be less

this gives women more options to choose their partner

a man’s face is far more complex, which is why chads are so rare but when it happens, they look insane
brings us back to what @Ja-Ja Gabori said then

what i'm saying is women find most men repulsive and they'd still find them repulsive if they had 2x the libido of men

women only care about above average looking men regardless of libido

because libido; men have low standards

objectively speaking, they look worse than men
No because less bone. You already hinted at that when you stated men's faces are more complex.

Women don't need:
Strong lower third
High fwhr
Tall skull
Height (as much as men do at least)

Women's skeletal structure has less requirement than men's to look good. Also, your average woman can be the equivalent of a skinny fat twink and be considered hot by the majority of males. If a guy had a skinny fat body he would be told to rope, inject, etc.

Men's natural state isn't sexy whereas Women's is. Men have to work for it mostly or win the genetic lottery, while women are born with it more often than not. Even you seem to know it as you allude to it in how rare Chad is.

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro
No because less bone. You already hinted at that when you stated men's faces are more complex.

Women don't need:
Strong lower third
High fwhr
Tall skull
Height (as much as men do at least)

Women's skeletal structure has less requirement than men's to look good. Also, your average woman can be the equivalent of a skinny fat twink and be considered hot by the majority of males. If a guy had a skinny fat body he would be told to rope, inject, etc.

Men's natural state isn't sexy whereas Women's is. Men have to work for it mostly or win the genetic lottery, while women are born with it more often than not. Even you seem to know it as you allude to it in how rare Chad is.
again, because you’re applying your own sex drive into the equation

if you objectively rated them, men would look better

for example you can look at their skulls and clearly see that the male skull is more appealing

you can see this in other species as well, the males always look better
8F3D7EA9 4B58 4C7B 9DB8 0C68F2B30A25

you’re not gonna be naturally inclined to find men sexy, unless you’re gay

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview and Deleted member 22126
again, because you’re applying your own sex drive into the equation

if you objectively rated them, men would look better

for example you can look at their skulls and clearly see that the male skull is more appealing

you can see this in other species as well, the males always look better
View attachment 1989733

you’re not gonna be naturally inclined to find men sexy, unless you’re gay
Gay

for eye area ice hooding is great

muh eyes

No mask for my deformed eyes