Underrated Factor of HIGH IGF-1 Levels: Liver Function

O

Osie

Diamond
Contributor

Introduction:​

There are many different factors that we’ve come to understand affect our IGF-1 levels. For example, eating in a caloric deficit. However, one thing that’s rarely discussed is liver function and how integral it is to the production of high IGF-1 levels. Today, that is exactly the thing we’ll be discussing!

Why is optimal liver function important for IGF-1?:​

Optimal liver function is vital for high IGF-1 levels because IGF-1 is primarily produced in the liver. Around 75% of our circulating levels of IGF-1 derive from our liver, which is a very significant amount. The liver also keeps homeostasis within the GH/IGF-1 axis, the hormonal axis that decides the vast majority of our height growth. Essentially, the liver controls the two biggest factors of growth, meaning that its health is very important.

What happens when liver function is suboptimal?​

In any disease or scenario where liver dysfunction occurs, IGF-1 levels diminish very quickly. Liver dysfunction diseases like diabetes, hepatitis C, Alcoholic Liver Disease, and many others have all been proven to drastically lower people’s IGF-1 levels, presumably as a result of severe liver inflammation, damage, and scarring. Any form of liver dysfunction will negate potential IGF-1 production and GH/IGF-1 axis regulation, so if your blood test markers show that your liver isn’t running as well as it can, consider getting help.

How to optimize liver function?:​

If you notice after a blood test that some of your liver markers (Albumin, Bilirubin, Prothrombin Time) and enzymes (ALT and AST) are out of wack and or are at unhealty places, I recommend supplmementing with these compounds:

• Milk Thistle (300MG 3x a day)
  • NAC (600MG)
  • TUDCA (250 3x a day)
  • Vitamin E (800IU)
  • Selenium (200mcg)

Conclusion:​

If you’ve noticed that your IGF-1 levels aren’t as high as you expect them to be despite supplementation or age, it could possibly be caused by subpar liver function. Invest in your liver health today if you care about increasing your IGF-1 levels!

• +1
Reactions: Fishy, Mewton, the MOUSE and 12 others
1600 IU of E instead of 800?

1600 IU of E instead of 800?
Anything higher increases your mortality rate (I don’t know why) and studies used 800MG

@garoupilled_ @NumbThePain

• +1
Reactions: garoupilled_ and NumbThePain
which one would u recommend the most to run with peptides? i don’t want to have to get all of them.

• +1
Reactions: Osie
which one would u recommend the most to run with peptides? i don’t want to have to get all of them.
Well, I recommend getting an blood test first. There’s only such thing as healthy liver function, meaning that you want to be in a range, not too high or too low, as being on either side of those spectrums will just cause suboptimal function.

If you see any levels that can be improved, DM me and I can tell you to proceed from there

• +1
Reactions: dannydipss
Taurine is also good for liver function

• +1

There are many different factors that we’ve come to understand affect our IGF-1 levels. For example, eating in a caloric deficit. However, one thing that’s rarely discussed is liver function and how integral it is to the production of high IGF-1 levels. Today, that is exactly the thing we’ll be discussing!

Optimal liver function is vital for high IGF-1 levels because IGF-1 is primarily produced in the liver. Around 75% of our circulating levels of IGF-1 derive from our liver, which is a very significant amount. The liver also keeps homeostasis within the GH/IGF-1 axis, the hormonal axis that decides the vast majority of our height growth. Essentially, the liver controls the two biggest factors of growth, meaning that its health is very important.

In any disease or scenario where liver dysfunction occurs, IGF-1 levels diminish very quickly. Liver dysfunction diseases like diabetes, hepatitis C, Alcoholic Liver Disease, and many others have all been proven to drastically lower people’s IGF-1 levels, presumably as a result of severe liver inflammation, damage, and scarring. Any form of liver dysfunction will negate potential IGF-1 production and GH/IGF-1 axis regulation, so if your blood test markers show that your liver isn’t running as well as it can, consider getting help.

If you notice after a blood test that some of your liver markers (Albumin, Bilirubin, Prothrombin Time) and enzymes (ALT and AST) are out of wack and or are at unhealty places, I recommend supplmementing with these compounds:

• NAC (600MG)
  • TUDCA (250 3x a day)
  • Vitamin E (800IU)
  • Selenium (200mcg)

If you’ve noticed that your IGF-1 levels aren’t as high as you expect them to be despite supplementation or age, it could possibly be caused by subpar liver function. Invest in your liver health today if you care about increasing your IGF-1 levels!
Under-rated thread.

• +1

• NAC (600MG)
  • TUDCA (250 3x a day)
  • Vitamin E (800IU)
  • Selenium (200mcg)

You used chatgpt for this .

If i’m running a oral steroid alongside HGH, would it be wise to take something to optimize liver function?

If i’m running a oral steroid alongside HGH, would it be wise to take something to optimize liver function?
Yes, this is when taking some of the compound listed would be the most important and most vital. Your liver enzymes will most likely get messed up while taking an oral steroid

Why you shouldnt be taking glucosamine or chondroitin

Another good thread by you buddy

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, johnrocksaints and schizo echochamber
Its supposed to be hard on the liver
Mhmm, I’ve never heard of that so that’s a potential worry. It doesn’t reduce IGF-1

Been taking it 4 months and i feel my blood viscosity increasing

I had blood work done about a year ago and one thing that stood out was my high igf1 levels, I was told my liver function is in the 99 percentile.

• +1
Reactions: schizo echochamber and Osie
I had blood work done about a year ago and one thing that stood out was my high igf1 levels, I was told my liver function is in the 99 percentile.
Are you tall

Tag upcoming threads nigga

If you could only take one of those aforementioned supplements which one would it be?