Unpopular Opinion: Captain Francesco Schettino Was Based and Blackpilled

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
Context: Sinking of the Costa Concordia

Costa Concordia captain knew 'it was over'

Captain Schettino isn’t a coward for not returning to the ship that was tilted 90º and sinking into the sea.

In their phone call, the Coast Guard told the captain to go back to the ship and count how many people are on board. What the fuck LOL. What’s the point of taking the lifeboat all the way back to the sinking ship and climbing onto the sinking ship, just to try to count some heads? It’s not like he’d be of any use to save lives; he’s more likely to die by falling in the 90º-tilted ship than help another person get out.

And it’s not like he’s physically capable of searching the entire vessel to count the people who’re stuck in rooms on the inside of the ship; if he did that, he wouldn’t make it out alive to report the number. As for rescuing trapped passengers, how the fuck can the captain do anything to help anyone get out of the 90º-tilted ship if he himself would struggle to climb out of it? Especially considering the average cruise passenger is overweight; good luck getting them up that 90º-tilted ship, buddy. Think about it logically: the captain attempting rescues with his bare hands on that sideways ship would likely result in more injuries and probably more deaths because of how dangerous it is to navigate a sideways ship.

Keep in mind, not only was the ship on its side, it was at night and giga dark. Can’t see shit! The captain would likely trip, fall, and die inside the ship.

The Coast Guard is a NPC coping with muh be a man and die with the ship bro, and Captain Schettino was rational for not going back on the ship.

TL;DR: Reddit cucks love to call the captain a coward because he didn’t kill himself.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: PeiFan94, Darkeningstar, HeightPilledum and 5 others
He was logical, but part of the 'tax' for being in that position, with that privilege, and insane salary, is that u so your utmost to save people, even if it endangers you.

I think that dude is in prison now, and I doubt they view it as he's based and blackpilled there

• So Sad
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: HeightPilledum, n0rthface, Deleted member 27452 and 2 others
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: HeightPilledum and Deleted member 27452
Also yes the coast guard was being an NPC, but the real question is do you believe the coast guard would have done exactly the same thing if the captain was a foid? (Idk but I assume u do have foid captains now?)

• +1
Reactions: HeightPilledum, Deleted member 27452 and thecel
Also yes the coast guard was being an NPC, but the real question is do you believe the coast guard would have done exactly the same thing if the captain was a foid? (Idk but I assume u do have foid captains now?)

Good question. I honestly have no idea. What do you think?

Maybe he wouldn’t’ve. If he did tho, I guess he would’ve used softer language. Like “can you return to the ship to help the passengers, ma’am” instead of “get back on the damn ship you pussy”.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: HeightPilledum and Deleted member 27452
Do u think he got a lot of hate cos he looks indian?

Unironically I think he passes for indian more than me

Costa Concordia

Rtr396tw 1 3574614

Costa cruiseliner captain

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: HeightPilledum, Lookologist003, Deleted member 27452 and 1 other person
Good question. I honestly have no idea. What do you think?
I think the coastguard would have told a foid captain to find her most senior male officer, and shove his ass back on the ship, while she remained to 'co ordination efforts from the lifeboat'

• +1
  • JFL

Captain Schettino isn’t a coward for not returning to the ship that was tilted 90º and sinking into the sea.

In their phone call, the Coast Guard told the captain to go back to the ship and count how many people are on board. What the fuck LOL. What’s the point of taking the lifeboat all the way back to the sinking ship and climbing onto the sinking ship, just to try to count some heads?

And it’s not like he’s physically capable of searching the entire vessel to count the people who’re stuck in rooms on the inside of the ship; if he did that, he wouldn’t make it out alive to report the number. As for rescuing trapped passengers, how the fuck can the captain pull someone up the 90º-tilted ship if he himself can’t even get back up? Especially considering the average cruise passenger is overweight; good luck getting them up that 90º-tilted ship, buddy.

The Coast Guard is a NPC coping with muh be a man and die with the ship bro, and Captain Schettino was rational for not going back on the ship.

TL;DR: Reddit cucks love to call the captain a coward because he didn’t kill himself.
is this the plot of moby dick?

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 27452 and forevermirin
U know I was in india 2 weeks ago right brother?
i honestly didnt know that, but doesnt change the fact that u guys arent the best at telling who looks indian and who doesnt. im generalizing a bit but ive seen @SecularIslamist do similar.

that guy doesnt look indian at all, maybe to a white guy.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Skywalker, SecularIslamist, Chinacurry and 1 other person
Imagine drowning while being that close to the shore.
customer-success-raising-the-costa-concordia-featured.jpg

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Lookologist003, n0rthface and thecel
I think the handful who drowned were some noggas in the room that flooded straight away, and some people who likely ignored the alarms and refused to leave their inward cabins

• So Sad
Reactions: thecel
i honestly didnt know that, but doesnt change the fact that u guys arent the best at telling who looks indian and who doesnt. im generalizing a bit but ive seen @SecularIslamist do similar.

that guy doesnt look indian at all, maybe to a white guy.
It's hard to generalise what a billion people look like. I'm aware of the diversity but I thought I could tell apart Pak/Indian and Bengali - although I may have like a 20% fail rate.

• Hmm...
watched this last night, he was an idiot and a coward.

• So Sad

In their phone call, the Coast Guard told the captain to go back to the ship and count how many people are on board. What the fuck LOL. What’s the point of taking the lifeboat all the way back to the sinking ship and climbing onto the sinking ship, just to try to count some heads? It’s not like he’d be of any use to save lives; he’s more likely to die by falling in the 90º-tilted ship than help another person get out.

And it’s not like he’s physically capable of searching the entire vessel to count the people who’re stuck in rooms on the inside of the ship; if he did that, he wouldn’t make it out alive to report the number. As for rescuing trapped passengers, how the fuck can the captain do anything to help anyone get out of the 90º-tilted ship if he himself would struggle to climb out of it? Especially considering the average cruise passenger is overweight; good luck getting them up that 90º-tilted ship, buddy. Think about it logically: the captain attempting rescues with his bare hands on that sideways ship would likely result in more injuries and probably more deaths because of how dangerous it is to navigate a sideways ship.

Keep in mind, not only was the ship on its side, it was at night and giga dark. Can’t see shit! The captain would likely trip, fall, and die inside the ship.

yea retard, captains go down with the ship they don’t abandon ship like cowards.

Obviously reasons for this i feel like i don’t even need to explain.

Last edited:
  • WTF
huge name failo

• Hmm...
yea retard, captains go down with the ship they don’t abandon ship like cowards.

He’s based for not being a cuck to tradition. He followed logic and didn’t succumb to the opinions of sheep.

• +1
Reactions: PeiFan94

As a captain you're supposed to sink with the ship or at least be the last guy to leave...

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and n0rthface
He’s based for not being a cuck to tradition. He followed logic and didn’t succumb to the opinions of sheep.
he crashed the ship into rocks like a retard, then failed to raise the alarm to passengers while the ship took on water.

Watch a video on his actions, he was incoherent and could barely give any orders. He was also in complete denial of the situation and refused to tell the coast guards the ship was sinking.

he cost people there lives, due to his stupid mistakes. It’s maritime tradition for captains to go down the ship to ensure Captain know the weight of their responsibilities to protect those all those souls on board.

He acted illogical, which is one reason why the tradition exists so that captains don’t do stupid ducking shit like sail near dangers rocks or through an ice field….

• +1
watched this last night, he was an idiot and a coward.

Sure he made big mistakes that resulted in lives lost, but after the crash happened, there wasn’t a point in staying on the ship any longer than he did.

He went into the lifeboat when the ship was tilted 60°–75°. What the fuck is he supposed to do to “help” people at that point? When it’s hard enough for him to not slide and fall. Should he just sit around on the ship shouting commands to get off the ship?

Reddit NPCs act like captains can be heroes who save everyone aboard. The reality is, once the ship reaches a condition when even the captain considers abandoning it, it’s already over, and there’s really not much the captain can do other than shout orders into a megaphone as he crawls around the deck.

Last edited:
As a captain you're supposed to sink with the ship or at least be the last guy to leave...

That’s exactly why I said he’s based. The whole point of my post is that he chose to act on logic rather than stick to a tradition that would’ve meant suicide in the Concordia’s situation. What would the captain do besides let himself slip into the ship and get trapped when it’s tilted over like that? Who the fuck can he save besides himself?

• JFL
Reactions: Gonthar
Sure he made big mistakes that resulted in lives lost, but after the crash happened, there wasn’t a point in staying on the ship any longer than he did.

He went into the lifeboat when the ship was tilted 60°–75°. What the fuck is he supposed to do to “help” people at that point? When it’s hard enough for him to not slide and fall. Should he just sit around on the ship shouting commands to get off the ship?

Reddit NPCs act like captains can be heroes who save everyone aboard. The reality is, once the ship reaches a condition when even the captain considers abandoning it, it’s already over, and there’s really not much the captain can do other than shout orders into a megaphone as he walks around the deck.
wrong, he should’ve stayed on that ship even if it costed him his live. He literally didn’t do anything to help the rescue…

a mayor from the town CAME aboard and helped people into lifeboats did way more than the own captain.

• JFL
he crashed the ship into rocks like a retard, then failed to raise the alarm to passengers while the ship took on water.

Watch a video on his actions, he was incoherent and could barely give any orders. He was also in complete denial of the situation and refused to tell the coast guards the ship was sinking.

he cost people there lives, due to his stupid mistakes. It’s maritime tradition for captains to go down the ship to ensure Captain know the weight of their responsibilities to protect those all those souls on board.

He acted illogical, which is one reason why the tradition exists so that captains don’t do stupid ducking shit like sail near dangers rocks or through an ice field….

Yes that’s all correct. But my point isn’t about the bad decisions he made prior to the collision. My post is just about his decision not to return to the ship after the phone call with the Coast Guard.

wrong, he should’ve stayed on that ship even if it costed him his live. He literally didn’t do anything to help the rescue…

a mayor from the town CAME aboard and helped people into lifeboats did way more than the own captain.

How do you “help” mofos into lifeboats.

You’re bluepilled. You should get a blackpilled attitude towards life. You need to see it that there’s nothing he could’ve done by the time the ship is tilted onto its side. It’s over.

Yes he could’ve done a much better job at evacuating the ship at the early stages in the emergency. Yes he could’ve made sure the boat never crashed into the rock. But by the time the ship was sideways, there was no longer a point in staying aboard.

Yes that’s all correct. But my point isn’t about the bad decisions he made prior to the collision. My post is just about his decision not to return to the ship after the phone call with the Coast Guard.
hundreds of people were still on board, he literally didn’t do anything to help anyone but himself, if he didn’t want to go down with the ship he shouldn’t of become a captain.

the ship's master's responsibility for their vessel is paramount, no matter what its condition.

• JFL
Dying with the ship ain’t nothing but an outdated masculinity cope.
and then you get thrown in prison for breaking maritime law, wow so based and black pilled.

• WTF
and then you get thrown in prison for breaking maritime law, wow so based and black pilled.

He got thrown in prison for doing a bad job before and briefly after the crash. He didn’t go to prison for leaving the ship when the sinking was nearly complete.

He got thrown in prison for doing a bad job before and briefly after the crash. He didn’t go to prison for leaving the ship when the sinking was nearly complete.
captain abandoning breaks maritime law, he would of received a lighter sentence if he acted more like a captain should.

• JFL
captain abandoning breaks maritime law, he would of received a lighter sentence if he acted more like a captain should.

Cucked law. A female captain probably wouldn’t even get a sentence. Like I said, it’s a “gentleman’s cope.”

That’s exactly why I said he’s based. The whole point of my post is that he chose to act on logic rather than stick to a tradition that would’ve meant suicide in the Concordia’s situation. What would the captain do besides let himself slip into the ship and get trapped when it’s tilted over like that? Who the fuck can he save besides himself?
The ship was very close to the shore and just partially sunk, overall it was a pretty low chance for him to die. By running he destroyed his reputation however and basically committed social suicide.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and n0rthface
Cucked law. A female captain probably wouldn’t even get a sentence. Like I said, it’s a “gentleman’s cope.”
a female shouldn’t ever be a captain

• JFL
The ship was very close to the shore and just partially sunk, overall it was a pretty low chance for him to die. By running he destroyed his reputation however and basically committed social suicide.

Of course he destroyed his rep.

The question is, if he was the last one off the ship, what would he have done staying onboard? Sit there and yell at the officers?

If he goes in the halls/rooms to attempt to save people who may be trapped inside, he does have a high chance of dying. Those people are trapped inside for a simple reason: physics. How is the captain supposed to go in there and not only get out but also get other people out, just with his bare hands? This is what a rescue team is used for, not a lone captain.

He was not a good captain. Being a good captain is lots of things. Making the right decisions, especially to avoid disasters in the first place.

Being a good captain is not about sitting your ass for hours on a sinking vessel that has zero hope. It’s not about dying to be a bigger gentleman. There are so many captain duties that actually matter.

Of course he destroyed his rep.

The question is, if he was the last one off the ship, what would he have done staying onboard? Sit there and yell at the officers?

If he goes in the halls/rooms to attempt to save people who may be trapped inside, he does have a high chance of dying. Those people are trapped inside for a simple reason: physics. How is the captain supposed to go in there and not only get out but also get other people out, just with his bare hands? This is what a rescue team is used for, not a lone captain.
He could have still stayed there to save face - put on a life jacket, run around, act busy and yell at people: "It's my ship!", "Come on, we have to save everyone!", "Never tell me the odds!", "Get a choppa here right now!",, etc....
Then he would have been considered a hero for refusing to leave ship and trying to save everyone.

• +1
I don't know who is that

• +1
Do u think he got a lot of hate cos he looks indian?

Unironically I think he passes for indian more than me

View attachment 2299355

View attachment 2299356

View attachment 2299357
Without a doubt. Indians unfortunately will never catch a break until they are dead.

Sea water can be very cold. If you can make it half a kilometre by swimming in water that is less than 10 degrees Celsius, then you get to live.

• +1
is this the plot of moby dick?
Moby Dick is a plot about a crazy captain dooming his entire crew because he was obsessed with a specific whale that took his leg

It's not a "revenge bad" type of story, but a "don't pick fights you can't win" type

• +1
Reactions: forevermirin
Moby Dick is a plot about a crazy captain dooming his entire crew because he was obsessed with a specific whale that took his leg

It's not a "revenge bad" type of story, but a "don't pick fights you can't win" type
i actually dnrd op lol

• JFL
Reactions: HeightPilledum
Without a doubt. Indians unfortunately will never catch a break until they are dead.

Sea water can be very cold. If you can make it half a kilometre by swimming in water that is less than 10 degrees Celsius, then you get to live.
The Mediterranean is notoriously warm. Even in January, the water was probably around 17 degrees Celsius there.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Lookologist003