Unpopular opinion: Orbital decompression mogs canthoplasty

CursedOne

CursedOne

we are all irrelevant

This is usually done to people with issue (I forgot the medical term , thyroid I think?), I'd be interested to know what could be done to someone purely cosmetically (like canthoplasty), maybe the margin of improvement is narrower tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16380, AscendingHero and Tallooksmaxxer
This is usually done to people with issue (I forgot the medical term , thyroid I think?), I'd be interested to know what could be done to someone purely cosmetically (like canthoplasty), maybe the margin of improvement is narrower tbh
Basically this

and the condition is usually associated with hyperthyroid or issues in the liver.

Like OP stated Orbital decompression is only usu needed if u have the condition

With the vast arrays of new canthoplasty/canthopexy techniques sprouting, it easily mogs. Not to mention you can get some pfl out of it and is more done for cosmetic benefit to those who already "normal".

Thoughts? @alienmaxxer @RealSurgerymax @valhalar @Deusmaximus

• +1
Reactions: Racky, Deleted member 8758 and Deleted member 3946
Basically this

and the condition is usually associated with hyperthyroid or issues in the liver.

With the vast arrays of new canthoplasty/canthopexy techniques sprouting, it easily mogs. Not to mention you can get some pfl out of it and is more done for cosmetic benefit to those who already "normal".

what sureries should i get for asymetry?

No sane surgeon would do this for "cosmetic" reasons. There always MUST be something pushing the eye from the orbit, be it hyperthyroidism, or some tumour. No sane surgeon, except Taban, but he is insane :feelshehe:

• +1
Reactions: LowTierNormie, Buci, AscendingHero and 3 others
Would you trust eppley for this? Thinking of going to him for it

This is usually done to people with issue (I forgot the medical term , thyroid I think?)
The medical term is exophthalmos.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16380
yes it’s better than canthoplasty for aesthetics but it’s too risky

i’m almost positive i had hypothyroidism some time in middle school and it fucked up my eyes permanently but no way for me to know for sure so i’m probably not a valid candidate for this surgery

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 16380, bogii and 1 other person
yes it’s better than canthoplasty for aesthetics but it’s too risky

i’m almost positive i had hypothyroidism some time in middle school and it fucked up my eyes permanently but no way for me to know for sure so i’m probably not a valid candidate for this surgery
If the eyes do not bulge too much, like in hyperthyroidism, what's the point of cutting the orbits really? Just do the upper/lower eyelid manipulations. Even though the eye might be a little too forward, in real life, and even in photos, it will be not noticeable at all. IMO the same aesthetic result but with smaller risks :feelsokman:

At least this is the way I chose to go myself. Just do ptosis-repair and canthoplasty on the bulging eye. Should give the same result TBH :unsure:

If they butcher me, I will post :feelshehe:

• +1
Reactions: eyebagcel
Basically this

Titbot said anyone without Graves’ disease getting Orbital Decompression is actually LooksMINNING

• Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero
If the eyes do not bulge too much, like in hyperthyroidism, what's the point of cutting the orbits really? Just do the upper/lower eyelid manipulations. Even though the eye might be a little too forward, in real life, and even in photos, it will be not noticeable at all. IMO the same aesthetic result but with smaller risks :feelsokman:

At least this is the way I chose to go myself. Just do ptosis-repair and canthoplasty on the bulging eye. Should give the same result TBH :unsure:

If they butcher me, I will post :feelshehe:
What surgery are you getting more precisely?
What failos does your eye are have? Lower scleral show? Nct?

What surgery are you getting more precisely?
What failos does your eye are have? Lower scleral show? Nct?
Asymmetry.

One of my eyeballs is higher and more forward than the other, from birth. Also, one of the lids on higher eye is lower. This is not identifiable in real life, but ruins all my photos. For a person without eyeball asymmetry, this slightly lower eyelid would be acceptable, all people are asymmetrical.

I am getting the ptosis repair on one of the eyes, to mask that the eyeball is higher. Then, I am getting lateral canthoplasty to raise the lower eyelid of the same eye, to match the lower border of the other eye (almond eye procedure pretty much).

I also have "round" eyes (aka lower scleral show). I was thinking to get "hunter eyes" by canthoplasty on both eyes, but I am not a fan of "muh hunter eyes", it is autism tbh, it does nothing for my attractiveness, so I will do just one eye, to make it "visibly" symmetrical to the other.

Here in high definition:
Eyes

Just making my right eye (on the photo, left) symmetrical with the left one relative to the iris. This should completely camouflage the uneven position of irises.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. All that you say seems like a good idea.
Your scleral show is very mild compared to mine. Almond eye surgery is attractive, wise decision.
Who is the surgeon if i may ask?

• +1
Asymmetry.

One of my eyeballs is higher and more forward than the other, from birth. Also, one of the lids on higher eye is lower. This is not identifiable in real life, but ruins all my photos. For a person without eyeball asymmetry, this slightly lower eyelid would be acceptable, all people are asymmetrical.

I am getting the ptosis repair on one of the eyes, to mask that the eyeball is higher. Then, I am getting lateral canthoplasty to raise the lower eyelid of the same eye, to match the lower border of the other eye (almond eye procedure pretty much).

I also have "round" eyes (aka lower scleral show). I was thinking to get "hunter eyes" by canthoplasty on both eyes, but I am not a fan of "muh hunter eyes", it is autism tbh, it does nothing for my attractiveness, so I will do just one eye, to make it "visibly" symmetrical to the other.

Here in high definition:
View attachment 1713976

Just making my right eye (on the photo, left) symmetrical with the left one relative to the iris. This should completely camouflage the uneven position of irises.
Your eyes look like mine. I will have to do those procedure as well. I asked doc about Ptosis repair but he said it was so minimal which is totally wrong it need to be fixed for me

• +1
Thanks for the reply. All that you say seems like a good idea.
Your scleral show is very mild compared to mine. Almond eye surgery is attractive, wise decision.
Yeah, this is why i am hesitant to do the canthoplasty on both eyes. But this is pretty much the only feature im missing to have hunter eyes. But the left eye (in the pic ptosis-eye) has 1mm more scleral show (according to precise measurement), so this is what im gonna fix with canthoplasty (aka almond eye surgery). For hunter eyes i would have to fix both eyes with canthoplasty for ~2-3mm.
Who is the surgeon if i may ask?
There is a Finnish surgeon doing these operations. I can share in dm if you want. She has all the qualifications (y)

But i am planning to schedule the operation on August, so i wouldn't want to recommend her until i get my results as expected. Hopefully she is not a butcher. Write to me if you want a link.

Your eyes look like mine. I will have to do those procedure as well. I asked doc about Ptosis repair but he said it was so minimal which is totally wrong it need to be fixed for me
You need to find a specialized ophtalmologist-surgeon.

I went with this problem to a usual plastic surgeon, he did not agree to cut it, even though he is one of the best around these lands. So, he sent me to another doc. And she agreed to fix this. :feelsokman:

In general, it is very hard to find a surgeon who would cut you to fix the mild ptosis, aka 2-3 mm. And eyelid drop of less than 2mm is not even considered "mild ptosis", it is called "variant of the norm" :feelshehe:

You need to find a specialized ophtalmologist-surgeon.

I went with this problem to a usual plastic surgeon, he did not agree to cut it, even though he is one of the best around these lands. So, he sent me to another doc. And she agreed to fix this. :feelsokman:

In general, it is very hard to find a surgeon who would cut you to fix the mild ptosis, aka 2-3 mm. And eyelid drop of less than 2mm is not even considered "mild ptosis", it is called "variant of the norm" :feelshehe:
Yes I went to an eye surgeon(not plastic) and he said “it is like trying to make something so small better which in the end will make it worse” also “everyone has a degree of Ptosis when they smile” I’m thinking of going to eppley but idk

• +1
Yes I went to an eye surgeon(not plastic) and he said “it is like trying to make something so small better which in the end will make it worse” also “everyone has a degree of Ptosis when they smile” I’m thinking of going to eppley but idk
How many mm of ptosis do you have? :unsure:

N

o because he thought it was dumb. But it looks like yours kinda maybe a tad more
Yep, I have 2.5 mm, so yours cannot be larger.

If you have like 1mm, no one would cut it tbh. This is why you need a statement from your surgeon: ask him for an examination IN WRITING with all measurements, or alternatively find another eye surgeon who does these(y)

• +1
Reactions: poopmaster22
Yep, I have 2.5 mm, so yours cannot be larger.

If you have like 1mm, no one would cut it tbh. This is why you need a statement from your surgeon: ask him for an examination IN WRITING with all measurements, or alternatively find another eye surgeon who does these(y)
Actually just found something it said 2mm differences. Think they would cut it?

Actually just found something it said 2mm differences. Think they would cut it?
Well, now you need to find an ophtalmologist surgeon with experience in aesthetic eye surgery :feelsokman:

Apparently your surgeon does not do much aesthetic surgery. This is why for him, this seems like a bad surgery - you have no "real" indication. :unsure:

Try another one, maybe in another city (y)

Iirc someone here did OD and he barely had any change.

• +1
Asymmetry.

Here in high definition:
View attachment 1713976

Hope you realize how difficult and unlikely it is to get a perfectly symmetrical result lol.

• Hmm...
OD is a meme surgery. Can't believe you nigs are stuck in the past. You get infraorbital rims and supra rims or a frontal bone implant
/Thread
Too many of these retarded threads

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771
Hope you realize how difficult and unlikely it is to get a perfectly symmetrical result lol.
Well, what option do I have :ROFLMAO:

I will also have a discount for a second surgery, if the ptosis is under/over-corrected :ROFLMAO:

BTW, FYI I was told, ptosis under/over correction happens only in 1 in 15 patients (y)

Hopefully will not need more than 3 :feelshehe:

As for the lower eyelid, a little scary, because I am not sure how canthoplasty is corrected if it fails the first time... but well... i want mogger eyes so... :feelshehe:

• +1
Reactions: Blackgymmax