Upper lip protuding after mewing

whitebadboy

whitebadboy

Banned
WTF my upper lip started protuding after mewing meanwhile my lower jaw stays behind only the upper part of the face grown foward my lower jaw stayed in place WTF it looks even more receded now.
Mewing moves only my upper part of the face forward my jaw stayed back
Now i have longer nose profile and upper lip protuding my Maxila grow forward and my lower jaw stayed the same

Last edited:
WTF my upper lip started protuding after mewing meanwhile my lower jaw stays behind only the upper part of the face grown foward my lower jaw stayed in place WTF it looks even more receded now.
Maybe your maxilla grew ahead of your mandible because of mewing?

mewing too hard probably

Now i have longer nose profile and upper lip protuding my Maxila grow forward and my lower jaw stayed the same
Push your lower incisors into your upper incisors, chin tuck regularly (HARD, not just the posture. Go full retard double chin mode and hold it for like 2 hours) Also make sure the majority of the force from the tongue is towards the front of the palate, not the back. If you're doing all this already then idk I think ur lying

Oh yeah one more thing try and hold your head backwards, like from the side your whole body should be a back slash (\) it will put more pressure bringing the mandible forward.

Last edited:
Push your lower incisors into your upper incisors, chin tuck regularly (HARD, not just the posture. Go full retard double chin mode and hold it for like 2 hours) Also make sure the majority of the force from the tongue is towards the front of the palate, not the back. If you're doing all this already then idk I think ur lying
THis will make my maxila grow even more forward

THis will make my maxila grow even more forward
Do you have your teeth together or are you a teeth apart mewer

Also everything I posted is to help the mandible adapt into a more forward position

idk how long you've been mewing or hard you've been going at it but I doubt your maxilla is forward grown from mewing alone enough to cause this effect. I know it looks like my lower jaw is recessed right when I wake up but its just soft tissue and eventually it goes back to normal

Do you have your teeth together or are you a teeth apart mewer

Also everything I posted is to help the mandible adapt into a more forward position

idk how long you've been mewing or hard you've been going at it but I doubt your maxilla is forward grown from mewing alone enough to cause this effect. I know it looks like my lower jaw is recessed right when I wake up but its just soft tissue and eventually it goes back to normal
I have an overbite my upper teeth cover completly my lower front teeth so when i mew i try to hold my front teeth togheter like i didnt have an overbite at the middle
How should i mew with a overbite?

I have an overbite my upper teeth cover completly my lower front teeth so when i mew i try to hold my front teeth togheter like i didnt have an overbite at the middle
Prioritize molar contact and do everything else I said. If your molars can fit together in many positions do the most forward one of those and try to push the bite forward by grinding a bit

I had an overbite too but its only a deep bite now, if my molars erupted a bit more my teeth would be perfect. My chin came forward doing all this but I don't think I got any expansion or forward growth from my 2 years of mewing.

deep bite
Prioritize molar contact and do everything else I said. If your molars can fit together in many positions do the most forward one of those and try to push the bite forward by grinding a bit

I had an overbite too but its only a deep bite now, if my molars erupted a bit more my teeth would be perfect. My chin came forward doing all this but I don't think I got any expansion or forward growth from my 2 years of mewing.
My mollars on one side dont touch causing a deep bite

Probably gonna need lower palate expansion
my mind teet on one side pushed my upper right mollar on the right side so it dont touches anymore with the lower mollar giving me a deep bite

i think about bringing the upper mollar in his original position better move 1 teeth with braces than all lower teeth

Isn’t this a good thing

If you push the tip of your tongue forward to hard youll cause your teeth to tip. Keep your teeth together while mewing and push with the back of your tongue to grow both mandible and maxilla

Because you're not supposed to push your teeth while mewing you muppet. You're supposed to push the entire roof of your mouth, not your teeth. Your issue is easily fixable. Make sure that when you're mewing that your whole tongue rests on the roof of the mouth and that your tongue is right behind the spot where your teeth begin. This will allow your cheeks and lips to push your teeth to the spot where they belong, making your teeth are actually supposed to be. Of course if your tongue is not on the roof of your mouth and not right behind your teeth then your lips and cheeks will completely push your teeth into your mouth making your teeth completely crooked and giving you the narrow jaw look as well. You need to mew correctly as I said my man.

Molar contact with overbite will likely only maintain the overbite, even if expansion or forward maxillary movement is achieved. With overbite generally your problem is lacking molar height in the upper arch, which is caused by excessively molar-favoring chewing habits in the first place. What often appears as overbite can actually be a posterior open bite (Mew seems to be aware of this too), which would mean that your incisors are close to where they need to be, while your molars are not. Try biting the incisors together into an edge-to-edge bite and see if this improves your posture and body motorics. In my case it really does. Over time the incisors will be pushed upwards and molars come down, which should even out the occlusion into class 1.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Wincel
Molar contact with overbite will likely only maintain the overbite, even if expansion or forward maxillary movement is achieved. With overbite generally your problem is lacking molar height in the upper arch, which is caused by excessively molar-favoring chewing habits in the first place. What often appears as overbite can actually be a posterior open bite (Mew seems to be aware of this too), which would mean that your incisors are close to where they need to be, while your molars are not. Try biting the incisors together into an edge-to-edge bite and see if this improves your posture and body motorics. In my case it really does. Over time the incisors will be pushed upwards and molars come down, which should even out the occlusion into class 1.
This is reducing maxillary support in theory but that should work ngl

Only thing that can work for me is braces making all teeth touch how they should i have crooked mollars that dont touch also my incisors are too low so same problem

Placement is important, make sure you place tip, and push at the same level, not just back third of the tongue

This is reducing maxillary support in theory but that should work ngl
Maxillary support and alveolar support are likely to be two different things, even though they are the same bone. As long as your tongue is against the palate, the maxilla should not remain without support regardless of whether you keep your teeth together and apart. The alveolar process on the other hand may remodel downwards without teeth contact - which should be precisely what you'd want if your goal was to increase maxillary molar height. The way the alveolar process remodels according to the strains the mandibular teeth place on it could be what John Mew meant by teeth contact causing the jaws to swing up and forward. I.e. it's not really the maxilla as whole that is moving but the lower part of maxilla that is assuming a more favourable shape.

Isnt that just jutting if you have an overbite?
I guess it can be viewed as jutting. What are you trying to say?

Only thing that can work for me is braces making all teeth touch how they should i have crooked mollars that dont touch also my incisors are too low so same problem
Can you post or DM pics of your teeth in molar contact & incisor contact?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Maxillary support and alveolar support are likely to be two different things, even though they are the same bone. As long as your tongue is against the palate, the maxilla should not remain without support regardless of whether you keep your teeth together and apart. The alveolar process on the other hand may remodel downwards without teeth contact - which should be precisely what you'd want if your goal was to increase maxillary molar height. The way the alveolar process remodels according to the strains the mandibular teeth place on it could be what John Mew meant by teeth contact causing the jaws to swing up and forward. I.e. it's not really the maxilla as whole that is moving but the lower part of maxilla that is assuming a more favourable shape.

my mollars dont touch on one side they are crooked my incisors touch they are fine but i heard i shouldnt keep them on each other becouse they break or so with time

doesnt jutting for extensive period of time lead to tmj? when I try to alling my front teeth it puts a lot of pressure on my jaw, so I have to either keep my teeth apart or focus on the molars

• +1
Reactions: Slob
doesnt jutting for extensive period of time lead to tmj? when I try to alling my front teeth it puts a lot of pressure on my jaw, so I have to either keep my teeth apart or focus on the molars

If you have to strain your jaw in order to get the incisors meet, that could be harmful. Where do you feel the pressure? In the joint itself? Or the pterygoids which pull the jaw forward? Both are next to each other, so you'll have to carefully examine from which one the feeling is originating. Issues with TMJ are usually painful and uncomfortable, Simply feeling soreness or pressure points to muscular strain, which is fine if your pterygoids are atrophied.

If you have to strain your jaw in order to get the incisors meet, that could be harmful. Where do you feel the pressure? In the joint itself? Or the pterygoids which pull the jaw forward? Both are next to each other, so you'll have to carefully examine from which one the feeling is originating. Issues with TMJ are usually painful and uncomfortable, Simply feeling soreness or pressure points to muscular strain, which is fine if your pterygoids are atrophied.
yeah I think its pterygoids, also when I try to alling my incisors it sort of feels as if the entire jaw was slightly rotating upwards idk how to explain it, also the skin underneath the jaw gets tighter, it definitely makes my profile look much better