US tipping culture is retarded

Oberyn

Oberyn

Remember beauty is inside <3
just because of this i don't go to sit-down restaurants if i don't have to. never tip in clubs jfl. 90 IQ waitresses make 100k because of this stupid system. muh waitresses don't make much that's why tipping is essential, hell no. if you ask them if they want straight 20-25 or tip they will choose tip because basically, they get a commission for everything they serve.

idgaf about your name or how is your day. just serve my food and fuck off

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 28541, valhalar, Ken and 11 others
It's so pathetic because it makes poor people. Beef against each other lmao

"I don't want to tip someone that is just doing their job"
"oh yeah then stay at home if you can't afford it"

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17791, Offensive Bias, Deleted member 21863 and 9 others
the only reason it exists is because waitresses are supposedly not getting enough pay. This basically means that any time you tip, youre paying for the workers deserved salary FOR the employer (i. e. instead of him)
its cucked as fuck and makes tipping ruined at this point. a 20% tip should be for extremely exceptional services, so when a waitress sees it its a big event, a big gesture from the customer. IN the US from what ive seen a 20% tip is nothing special. fuck this shit, if wanna reward staff for doing a good job i aint paying upwards of 40-50%

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24117, zharupodrugu, forevergymcelling and 7 others
i don't do sit down restaurants because my ebt(foodstamps) don't work there, but back when i did, i always gave a little something as a gesture, sometimes just loose change from the car. it's just good manners. tipping and things like that serve as a function of social cohesion and trust. i always support such things. i only avoid tipping based on individual actions, not because of butthurt about some the whole concept. if you're really mad about being bilked out of your money, do you pay taxes? do you pay sales taxes? or other obligatory expenses like bank fees? because i don't. i'd rather support the people in my community with completely optional fees than faceless corporations and governments that force me to give them money and then misappropriates it or wastes it or worse yet, uses it against me.

the only reason it exists is because waitresses are supposedly not getting enough pay. This basically means that any time you tip, youre paying for the workers deserved salary FOR the employer (i. e. instead of him)
its cucked as fuck and makes tipping ruined at this point. a 20% tip should be for extremely exceptional services, so when a waitress sees it its a big event, a big gesture from the customer. IN the US from what ive seen a 20% tip is nothing special. fuck this shit, if wanna reward staff for doing a good job i aint paying upwards of 40-50%
IK bartenders make 800-1000 a week and they work 2 days. just lol

It's so pathetic because it makes poor people. Beef against each other lmao

"I don't want to tip someone that is just doing their job"
"oh yeah then stay at home if you can't afford it"
another pathetic thing is that my broke friends argue with me because I don't like tipping. Those mfs barely afford to live after working 40 hours and defending bartenders who works twice a week and makes 4k a month lol.

• +1
Reactions: khvirgin
Its outdated

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16369
i don't do sit down restaurants because my ebt(foodstamps) don't work there, but back when i did, i always gave a little something as a gesture, sometimes just loose change from the car. it's just good manners. tipping and things like that serve as a function of social cohesion and trust. i always support such things. i only avoid tipping based on individual actions, not because of butthurt about some the whole concept. if you're really mad about being bilked out of your money, do you pay taxes? do you pay sales taxes? or other obligatory expenses like bank fees? because i don't. i'd rather support the people in my community with completely optional fees than faceless corporations and governments that force me to give them money and then misappropriates it or wastes it or worse yet, uses it against me.
Everyone pays taxes not everyone gets tips. You can't be neet in the US so i don't mind paying taxes in USA. A server shouldn't earn more than a teacher or a cop.

IK bartenders make 800-1000 a week and they work 2 days. just lol

another pathetic thing is that my broke friends argue with me because I don't like tipping. Those mfs barely afford to live after working 40 hours and defending bartenders who works twice a week and makes 4k a month lol.
Everyone defend waitresses to death like their job is on the line
They will call you cheap they will tell you "I hope they spit in your food"
Then some want you to tip every fucking one even people with a minum wage
They want you to tip the barber for example

I get a lot of tips, but I am not allowed to keep any of it. Only to put it in a general tip jar.

Most if it goes to my boss, I only get a small insignificant portion. Like if people tip me 200 dollars on a day of work, I get to keep 1 dollar.

Utter shit. I'll never tip knowing that companies have policy like this.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 16369 and Gonthar
Everyone defend waitresses to death like their job is on the line
They will call you cheap they will tell you "I hope they spit in your food"
Then some want you to tip every fucking one even people with a minum wage
They want you to tip the barber for example
yeah tipping the barber the most retarded shit I've seen in the US. you pay $50 for a subpar cut and are expected to tip at least $10 JUST FUCKING LOL.

• JFL
Reactions: Homunculus
just because of this i don't go to sit-down restaurants if i don't have to. never tip in clubs jfl. 90 IQ waitresses make 100k because of this stupid system. muh waitresses don't make much that's why tipping is essential, hell no. if you ask them if they want straight 20-25 or tip they will choose tip because basically, they get a commission for everything they serve.

If u think tipping makes them that much ur the low IQ one

lol basementcel. get a life you'll learn.
I'm not the one with 3k posts FROM 2019 U IS HERE SINCE THEN?? AND IM THE INCEL

I'm not the one with 3k posts FROM 2019 U IS HERE SINCE THEN?? AND IM THE INCEL
that makes you the real incel with a low IQ tho. imagine posting 1250 messages in 1.5 months just lol. basementcel

• +1
that makes you the real incel with a low IQ tho. imagine posting 1250 messages in 1.5 months just lol. basementcel

• JFL
Reactions: Oberyn
I get a lot of tips, but I am not allowed to keep any of it. Only to put it in a general tip jar.

Most if it goes to my boss, I only get a small insignificant portion. Like if people tip me 200 dollars on a day of work, I get to keep 1 dollar.

Utter shit. I'll never tip knowing that companies have policy like this.
They are your tips, they can't force you to give it to the boss...

• JFL
Same, I only get food to go now because of this reason.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055, Deleted member 22126, Gargamel and 2 others
I’ve worked as one in my late teens in a fairly nice restaurant and no they don’t make nearly that much. They get paid 2.50 regardless and the tips rarely put them over 1000 a week which isn’t bad for a teenager but it’s not nearly 100k.

I’ve worked as one in my late teens in a fairly nice restaurant and no they don’t make nearly that much. They get paid 2.50 regardless and the tips rarely put them over 1000 a week which isn’t bad for a teenager but it’s not nearly 100k.
depends. some states still pay $15/ hr

depends. some states still pay $15/ hr
It’s still not great money since you only Can work evenings in most cases

I used to war for Manchester City football club as a host and yeah let me tell you the girls would often leave home with 60 quid+

I am fortunate that even though I’m aspie my BBC genetics give me the ability to still be skemwhat cool even though I’m a sperg so I make the customers laugh just being myself and they give me tips. I often went home with 100 quid the msot I aren’t was MAN U v CITY and I made 240 off tips Alone AND IM
A MAN 👨🏼 JFL I asked the girls and I made more tips than all of them on that day. DO NOT PITY them they make enough of your gonna tip tip the male hosts they only make about 10 quid in tips on most days (I made more around 20-40 on avg cos I’m funny)

• JFL
yeah tipping the barber the most retarded shit I've seen in the US. you pay $50 for a subpar cut and are expected to tip at least $10 JUST FUCKING LOL.
Tbf I tip the Berber for one reason, respect. Barbers take their time and care to do your hair if you want to look good and him to look after j next time you go then tip him. You don’t have 2 but just know that he will not try his hardest. I’m usually buddies with my barbers for this reason as well. ALWAYS tip your main barber always

• +1
Reactions: fukmylyf and Oberyn
Tbf I tip the Berber for one reason, respect. Barbers take their time and care to do your hair if you want to look good and him to look after j next time you go then tip him. You don’t have 2 but just know that he will not try his hardest. I’m usually buddies with my barbers for this reason as well. ALWAYS tip your main barber always
i always tip but doesn't mean I want to. you pay a shit ton of money for subpar service.

I made more tips than my female coworkers as well. More polite and better service and they were htn at best

i always tip but doesn't mean I want to. you pay a shit ton of money for subpar service.
You don’t have to pay a lot… 1 dollar is okay theh won’t cry over it. I usually give them 5 pounds worth in tips. My mum if she is with me (when I was a teen JFL) would give them a tenner XD that’s why they loved my mum but I’m cool with my barbers we used to go gym together so most of the time he tells me not to tip but I do it anyways cos I like knowing he’ll give it his all. In this economic recession though you have an excuse to not tip XD if your Berber is cool with you he shouldn’t cry about it

You don’t have to pay a lot… 1 dollar is okay theh won’t cry over it. I usually give them 5 pounds worth in tips. My mum if she is with me (when I was a teen JFL) would give them a tenner XD that’s why they loved my mum but I’m cool with my barbers we used to go gym together so most of the time he tells me not to tip but I do it anyways cos I like knowing he’ll give it his all. In this economic recession though you have an excuse to not tip XD if your Berber is cool with you he shouldn’t cry about it
in us, if you tip less than 15% they will act like you are the worst human being. lol

in us, if you tip less than 15% they will act like you are the worst human being. lol
What’s 15%? Cos the £ is more than the Dollar so me tipping 5 quid is like 6.5-7 $ prob less now due to the devaluation of the £

I think this culture came from the USA. Fuck America for this shit but if my barber makes me sexy so I can slay pussy I’ll bapppy tip him

What’s 15%? Cos the £ is more than the Dollar so me tipping 5 quid is like 6.5-7 $ prob less now due to the devaluation of the £

I think this culture came from the USA. Fuck America for this shit but if my barber makes me sexy so I can slay pussy I’ll bapppy tip him
if you pay for service $50 you are expected to pay 20% of the tip so $10.

• JFL
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur
  • +1
Reactions: Gonthar
Isn't this illegal? If someone gives you a tip, it's for you, not for your boss...
its not illegal in the netherlands.

your boss decides what happens with tips

• Hmm...
Reactions: Gonthar
its not illegal in the netherlands.

your boss decides what happens with tips
Sounds cucked...
Try to negotiate with your boss to keep a part of the tips, if he doesn't want to, then just reject the tips and convince others to do the same.

60 dollar haircut what on earth?

I thought my barber was ripping me off charging 18

• JFL
I tip out of pity tbh

Serving food and being called a "waiter" is fucking dehumanizing.

I only enjoy high-end establishments where the server is actually more of a food guide and an ice breaker, than an NPC running around with plates of food.

• JFL
op is dark triad

have u seen reservoir dogs

• +1
I remember when I ordered $50 worth of food at a steak resturaunt and the Asian female waiter asked me if she did anything wrong since I didn’t tip her just lol

• JFL
the shittiest barber charges a $30+ tip
Tbf you all earn giga loads even for the most basic job ever so it makes up for it

• JFL
I don’t tip unless the goy gives me CPR

Me and my homeboys don't pay any tip when we go eat. Tipping is white people shit. We just leave afterwards.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Oberyn and Deleted member 13787
Me and my homeboys don't pay any tip when we go eat. Tipping is white people shit. We just leave afterwards.
based but kinda ratchet as well.

This debate was comprehensively closed by Mr Pink in 1992;

• JFL
based but kinda ratchet as well.
Imagine tipping someone 20% because they take your order and ask how your food is once. Literally worth $1.

• JFL