Vaping for appetite suppression?

thegoat

thegoat

PSL 3.5 | 5'8" | Half-curry
Anyone got experience with this and does it work? Nicotine is an appetite suppressant. Im convinced the only way i can hit sub 15% bodyfat is by suppressing appetite, my dopamine response from food issimply too high, im always craving and thinking about the next meal.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
it makes me hungrier ngl. i am never hungry on adderall tho

• +1
Reactions: thegoat
It works for that but personally I can make nic bars run out so fast that it becomes a waste of money. so I stopped my habit

• +1
Get some discipline and push through the hunger feeling, it only lasts for a short time as the body runs out glucose sources and begins to start utilizing fat sources as energy instead. However, be warned that if you eat even something really small the body will *immediately* stop burning fat and start burning the far easier glucose that you just consumed and then the hunger will once again come back. The body would rather instantly switch over to burning glucose rather than continuing to burn fat.

I wouldn't use nicotine for a hunger suppressant and quite frankly wouldn't want to use it for anything because of it being a healthmin. Only reason I vape rn is during social situations because vape + alcohol lowers my social anxiety heavily. Which is a lifesaver at bars, clubs, and parties.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5786, Deleted member 6403 and Deleted member 1332
Get some discipline and push through the hunger feeling, it only lasts for a short time as the body runs out glucose sources and begins to start utilizing fat sources as energy instead. However, be warned that if you eat even something really small the body will *immediately* stop burning fat and start burning the far easier glucose that you just consumed and then the hunger will once again come back. The body would rather instantly switch over to burning glucose rather than continuing to burn fat.

I wouldn't use nicotine for a hunger suppressant and quite frankly wouldn't want to use it for anything because of it being a healthmin. Only reason I vape rn is during social situations because vape + alcohol lowers my social anxiety heavily.
Does vape really lower social anxiety? Swear thats cope, alcohol alone is lowering ur inhibition

No. Just make yourself addicted theory and this is coming from a smoker. You'll just end up addicted to both nicotine and eating

Instead of replacing one addiction with another, try adopting better habits. Make better food choices; replace calorie dense processed foods with unprocessed lower calorie foods. Get to the bottom of your cravings. What are you trying to compensate with food? Any mental, financial, social or cosmetic problems you could solve otherwise?

• +1
Really bad idea, if you aren't already addicted to vaping do yourself a major favor and don't give yourself a reason to use one routinely. Like @Preoximerianas said, they're a healthmin -> looksmin. It is impossible to be attractive without looking healthy, its better to conquer the vice than to replace it with another one.
Does vape really lower social anxiety? Swear thats cope, alcohol alone is lowering ur inhibition
For me it initially did, but after developing a tolerance it lost its efficacy and rather than boost my confidence, it just made me a bit more anxious when I had no nicotine. Didn't lower social anxiety by much, especially compared to alcohol. Also felt like a fag ripping my vape in social situations. I swear even a chad looks like a dweeb if he's vaping.

• +1
No. Just make yourself addicted theory and this is coming from a smoker. You'll just end up addicted to both nicotine and eating

Instead of replacing one addiction with another, try adopting better habits. Make better food choices; replace calorie dense processed foods with unprocessed lower calorie foods. Get to the bottom of your cravings. What are you trying to compensate with food? Any mental, financial, social or cosmetic problems you could solve otherwise?
Im working on adopting better habits, but regardless, do u think its possible to replace a food addiction with a nic addiction or will u always just end up with both?

Really bad idea, if you aren't already addicted to vaping do yourself a major favor and don't give yourself a reason to use one routinely. Like @Preoximerianas said, they're a healthmin -> looksmin. It is impossible to be attractive without looking healthy, its better to conquer the vice than to replace it with another one.

For me it initially did, but after developing a tolerance it lost its efficacy and rather than boost my confidence, it just made me a bit more anxious when I had no nicotine. Didn't lower social anxiety by much, especially compared to alcohol. Also felt like a fag ripping my vape in social situations. I swear even a chad looks like a dweeb if he's vaping.
Surely vaping isnt even that bad for health

Surely vaping isnt even that bad for health
It's so new we don't know what potential health side effects it will cause yet. It is bad for your skin and cardiovascular health. It gives you a shortness of breath similar to smoking if you use it consistently enough. Also, it makes your stomach feel like shit if you're really using it enough to suppress appetite, it's not free.

Many of my close friends are also heavily addicted to nicotine, and despite having urges to stop, they literally can't. I have vaped in the past, but I've never become unreasonably addicted to nicotine the point where I couldn't stop for days/weeks at a time when I wanted and I feel like an outlier among my friends in this case. I can confidently tell you that your life will be better if you never vape routinely.

Im working on adopting better habits, but regardless, do u think its possible to replace a food addiction with a nic addiction or will u always just end up with both?
Why nicotine? Why not heroin or meth? Higher likelihood of success and cheap too

• JFL
Reactions: Preoximerianas and thegoat
Why nicotine? Why not heroin or meth? Higher likelihood of success and cheap too
or do coke, you won't have any money left to buy food

Unironically requiem for a dream gave me the idea , one plot arc is about an old lady losing hella weight on speed pills.

Unironically requiem for a dream gave me the idea , one plot arc is about an old lady losing hella weight on speed pills.
Great way to lose your health, money and friends too 👍

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1332

I wouldn't use nicotine for a hunger suppressant and quite frankly wouldn't want to use it for anything because of it being a healthmin. Only reason I vape rn is during social situations because vape + alcohol lowers my social anxiety heavily. Which is a lifesaver at bars, clubs, and parties.
High iq answer here

Holy fuck bro you were so right. I indeed ended up addicted to both nicotine and binge eating and am the same weight now as when I created this post, except with fucked lungs/cardio

Yesterday was the first day I haven't hit vape in 6 months. Using nicotine mints to quit and now im trying to take a more sustainable approach to life in general

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst