vaseline is amazing for skin??

Tuz43

Tuz43

Iron
was gonna ask whether you guys have found success using vaseline. i ditched moisturizers and serums i used to use to prevent trans epidermal water loss TEWL and i have been using vaseline at night after cleansing for a week and its been great for the rest of the day. 2 days i did not use vaseline at all and my face still stayed quite hydrated and soft, it seems to be extremely effective.

Made this thread to ask whether the claim that vaseline forces your skin to not give off as much water permanently as i saw some guy on tiktok making this claim but i cannot find a source/ the video but it seems to be true so far, also wanted to ask whether it has any negetive efects as i dont see many people talking about this and instead using retinoids etc when vaseline just prevents dirt getting in or out of your face so applying on a clean face will starve the bacteria of air, this worked in my case and i have gotten rid of the last 3 pimples and no new ones seem to be popping up.

It clogs the pores and causes acne

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer, godsent, nullandvoid and 1 other person
was gonna ask whether you guys have found success using vaseline. i ditched moisturizers and serums i used to use to prevent trans epidermal water loss TEWL and i have been using vaseline at night after cleansing for a week and its been great for the rest of the day. 2 days i did not use vaseline at all and my face still stayed quite hydrated and soft, it seems to be extremely effective.

Made this thread to ask whether the claim that vaseline forces your skin to not give off as much water permanently as i saw some guy on tiktok making this claim but i cannot find a source/ the video but it seems to be true so far, also wanted to ask whether it has any negetive efects as i dont see many people talking about this and instead using retinoids etc when vaseline just prevents dirt getting in or out of your face so applying on a clean face will starve the bacteria of air, this worked in my case and i have gotten rid of the last 3 pimples and no new ones seem to be popping up.
i wouldnt recommend the use of vaseline if you arent on isotretinoin or antibiotics.
the reason is that vaseline is comedogenic which can be multiplied if the microflora of the skin is disturbed and the sebaceous glands are overclocked. (if you have pimples).

TEWL is somewhat of a meme.
you should be able to secure moisture via moisturiser.

i wouldnt recommend the use of vaseline if you arent on isotretinoin or antibiotics.
the reason is that vaseline is comedogenic which can be multiplied if the microflora of the skin is disturbed and the sebaceous glands are overclocked. (if you have pimples).

TEWL is somewhat of a meme.
you should be able to secure moisture via moisturiser.
vaseline seems to literally destroy all new pimples cropping up within a couple days whereas all of the moisturizers ive tried (ive tried 4 different ones all meant for my skin type) seem to just fuck me over more. im not on any retinoids or antibiotics.

Vaseline only locks the moisturaizing that already exists.

Put water on your lips before or use another moisturaizer and then put vaseline.
i cleanse then put water then vaseline works quite well
It clogs the pores and causes acne
didnt clog any pores for me, my black and whiteheads were bad before vaseline doesnt seem to make them any worse but it does make all new pimples go away quicker and seems to prevent small papules from appearing. its non comedogenic.
wanted to know whether it actually does stop excess sebum production permanently which is what someone on tiktok was claiming and what it seems to have done for me so far. jfl my skin is the one thing stopping my self confidence