Very compact midface but not low gonial angle?

O

Ocelot

My midface ratio ranges from 1.0-1.2 depending on the picture (tried with over 5), but I've measured my gonial angle consistently at around 115 degrees. How come my gonial angle isn't something like 100? Theoretically if my maxilla were to rotate CCW anymore, my midface would be aboriginal tier with a lower gonial angle. Same with O'Pry.

Is it really true that everyone has the potential for a low gonial angle (say 100) and the only thing that influences it is your development? Because I imagine the gonial angle you have at birth + other factors like your parents' jaw would affect it a lot.

1.0 midface with 130 gonial angle i dont see why one would dictate the other

1.0 midface with 130 gonial angle i dont see why one would dictate the other
the maxilla and the mandible are connected so when one rotates, so does the other

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385 and goat2x
the maxilla and the mandible are connected so when one rotates, so does the other
Yes, but midface ratio also depends on IPD.

Anyway, a gonial angle of 115 is not really high, but maybe you have short rami.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385 and Ocelot
Yes, but midface ratio also depends on IPD.

Anyway, a gonial angle of 115 is not really high, but maybe you have short rami.
True but my IPD is not too wide, my midface length itself is small too. My rami are not particularly short but they are not long, which is odd considering my midface ratio.