Vince Gironda's dieting principles are extremely overhyped by this forum for one simple reason.

VeryFuglyNiyguhs

VeryFuglyNiyguhs

887 high t beast
All of his clients were on drugs and it's very doubtful he was natty to begin. Arnold did admit to taking them. Even Larry Scott admitted to using drugs.

This is what Larry Scott said.
"We only used a couple of dianabol pills a day and they really made a difference. Messed with the libido though."

Don Howorth:
People said dianabol didn't do much but they were full of it. I took 20 mgs a day and my bench press skyrocketed. I never felt any side effects. I don't think I took enough to notice.

Now here is his book that talks about his methods.

It is full of bodybuilders that are on the juice. Not one of them is natural. Sergio Oliva went as far as claiming every old time bodybuilder took them including Steve Reeves. Now this leads to the question, if his advice and nutrition is so capable of getting steroid like results and Vince is against steroids, why is his book full of guys that are not natural? I think it's best if you people answer this and think for your own.

Vince is very clearly natty.

Easy way to tell if someone's on gear is by the size of their traps and delts. These have the highest androgen receptor density of any muscle group and gear makes them explode in size almost effortlessly. Traps get very thick and delts go 3D cannonball mode (see below). Anyone who's cycled before can confirm the look, super distinctive.

Don Howorth and Larry Scott:

Last edited:

View attachment 1738556View attachment 1738552

Easy way to tell if someone's on gear is by the size of their traps and delts. These have the highest androgen receptor density of any muscle group and gear makes them explode in size almost effortlessly. Traps get very thick and delts go 3D cannonball mode (see below). Anyone who's cycled before can confirm the look, super distinctive.

View attachment 1738568View attachment 1738570
All of his pupils loved dbol. Nattyornot makes a convincing argument for him being enhanced.

any type of diet cult is dumb as fuck not only vince gironda.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
All of his pupils loved dbol. Nattyornot makes a convincing argument for him being enhanced.
He trained professional bodybuilders? You can be a trainer and advisor to non-natties while staying natty. He was extremely knowledgeable. Dbol is also a wet gainer and gives a very different look to the muscles than what Vince had, so if he was taking something it’s not that.

I read the article and it’s not convincing. Vince’s mass and leanness are very much achievable for someone with top tier genetics. Not to mention he lived in the gym for decades and ate a very solid animal based diet.

just a couple of dianobol pills bro

View attachment 1738556View attachment 1738552

View attachment 1738568View attachment 1738570
So Vince Gironda looks like this and is natty.
E60750ff56e6cd3b6ff0e32f967c1c5f

VinceGirondaContestShape

Frank Zane looks like this and won Mr Olympia 3 times.
Frank zane measurements

Both are the same height and close enough weights.

No they’re not. Vince is in the mid 160 lb range in the top (shredded) picture. Frank was 185 contest ready.

Vince supposedly got up to the 180 range but I have yet to see a picture of him shredded at that weight.
20 pounds is not the difference between a pro and a natty physique.

Yeah j/k Frank Zane was actually 40 lbs heavier in the 200 lb range at peak lol
In contest condition Zane was only 15 to 20 ibs heavier @180. I can assure you the difference between a ifbb pro and a lifetime natty is NOT 20 ibs.

Steak and eggs are like the gold standard when it comes to nutrition, the Gironda diet is just an elimination diet with low calories and fasting, that's why it works. I've been eating similarly for a few years just with more calories, it's a really good diet for health and longevity and maintaining leanness without much effort.

It's only seen as a fad because the nutrition world has been so degenerate for decades that you're seen as some kind of extremist if you're not stuffing your face with grains and corn syrup every few hours.