Vit C is NOT cope

incliner

incliner

Iron
I used to use it a couple months back just alone itself but the times i would use it with spf on top with the vit c , my skin would just look way better such as reducing pigmentation , wrinkles below eyes etc - I've now again hopped back onto it since yesterday

• +1
Reactions: framemoggerr, 5.5psl, liberiangrimreaper and 3 others
good for u

• +1
Reactions: liberiangrimreaper
Do you think it helped with skin lightening as well?

I used to use it a couple months back just alone itself but the times i would use it with spf on top with the vit c , my skin would just look way better such as reducing pigmentation , wrinkles below eyes etc - I've now again hopped back onto it since yesterday
its good if you get a serum that can penetrate through the skin.
oral is nice as well.

kojic acid and vitamine C?
at the end of the day, aren’t they targeting the same enzyme?
Yes but kojic helps to even out skin tone more than vitamin c which is more for brightening. So it helps in combination

Yes but kojic helps to even out skin tone more than vitamin c which is more for brightening. So it helps in combination
just look for compounds that can inhibit alpha-MSH, inhibit MC1R, upregulate ASIP gene, inhibit melanosome transfer and compounds that can change eumelanin to phaeomelanin.

and then a full body chemical exfoliant like isotretinoin (low dose) and tretinoin.

sunscreen, strongest one.

• +1
Reactions: thebuffdon690
just look for compounds that can inhibit alpha-MSH, inhibit MC1R, upregulate ASIP gene, inhibit melanosome transfer and compounds that can change eumelanin to phaeomelanin.

and then a full body chemical exfoliant like isotretinoin (low dose) and tretinoin.

sunscreen, strongest one.
I agree with spf50. Taz is much better than tret though. And low dose accu isn’t necessary if your using another exfoliant like a ret or some sort of acid, preferably kojic, which is why it’s a good stack with vit c and taz.

For the first bit though explain what all those are 4, sounds interesting bro.

• +1
Reactions: AySab
I agree with spf50. Taz is much better than tret though. And low dose accu isn’t necessary if your using another exfoliant like a ret or some sort of acid, preferably kojic, which is why it’s a good stack with vit c and taz.

the difference between tazarotene/tretinoin and iso is that iso doesn’t bind to RAR to induce increased cell turnover.
youll need isotretinoin in this stack.

alpha-MSH belongs to a group called melanocyte-stimulating hormones. their function is to stimulate rapid translocation of melanosomes in dermal melanophores to effect rapid colour change and melanogenesis in normal and abnormal epidermal melanocytes. alpha-MSH binds to MC1R and induces eumelanin production in melanocytes which is the melanin colour (black and brown) thats associated with hyperpigmentation, so in theory, inhibition = full white skin + no more hyperpigmentation.
secondly, the MC1R. the MC1R is one of the receptors that belong to the melanocortin group. essentially this receptor induces pigmentation (or tells melanocytes to induce pigmentation) which in theory, inhibition can lead to white skin + no more hyperpigmentation as alpha-MSH has nothing to bind to for it to produce eumelanin.
AISP gene is a gene that encodes a protein called the agouti-signalling protein. essentially this protein produces phaeomelanin and it fights alpha-MSH (when binding to MC1R) about which pigment is going to produced. so, by up-regulating the gene transcription, we can theoretically have more ASIP which produces more paracrine molecules therefore increasing phaeomelanin production in melanocytes which then can lighten pigmentation.
melanosome transfer is the action of melanosomes being transferred from melanocytes to keratinocytes through the processes of packaging, release, uptake, and dispersion, essentially by inhibiting this process, you can lower the size of hyperpigmentation or even prevent it from happening.
compounds; such as glutathione has the ability to convert eumelanin to phaeomelanin, whilst modulating depigmentation of melanocytotoxic agents, it also eliminates free radicals and decrease tyrosinase activity during melanogenesis. IV administration + vitamin C is ideal as you maximise bioavailability since the bioavailability for glutathione tablets are extremely low (but you can produce more glutathione in the liver through NAC and glycine intake; if you don’t/can’t do IV administration.

also, potentially, you can lighten eye colour through this.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thebuffdon690

you can try oral tranexamic acid and isotretinoin, should be enough to whiten skin and treat hyperpigmentation.