Vitamin c pills vs serum

kej3094

kej3094

Platinum
I’m sure the serum is ahead of taking vitamin c pills, my point rather is consuming vitamin c still effective for skin in the same way the serums are just to a somewhat lesser degree?

YOU'RE WELCOME

• JFL
Reactions: JihadChad
The skin is composed of two layers: the epidermal outer layer is highly cellular and provides the barrier function, and the inner dermal layer which ensures strength and elasticity, and gives nutritional support to the epidermis.

The epidermis is a challenged environment for nutrient delivery, as it lacks the blood vessels that normally deliver nutrients to cells.

Most of the vitamin C in the skin appears to be in intracellular compartments. It is transported into cells from the blood vessels present in the dermal layer.

Long-story short, in order maximise the efficacy of vitamin C, it should be absorbed dietetically, rather than topically.

And by dietetically, I mean with the consumption of whole-foods, such as fruits and vegetables, rather than in supplement form.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Clark69, kej3094, Deleted member 8988 and 2 others
The skin is composed of two layers: the epidermal outer layer is highly cellular and provides the barrier function, and the inner dermal layer which ensures strength and elasticity, and gives nutritional support to the epidermis.

The epidermis is a challenged environment for nutrient delivery, as it lacks the blood vessels that normally deliver nutrients to cells.

Most of the vitamin C in the skin appears to be in intracellular compartments. It is transported into cells from the blood vessels present in the dermal layer.

Long-story short, in order maximise the efficacy of vitamin C, it should be absorbed dietetically, rather than topically.

And by dietetically, I mean with the consumption of whole-foods, such as fruits and vegetables, rather than in supplement form.
High iq as fuck bro.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 7747

Amazon product ASIN B00016RL9G

Would something like this have the same effect as getting your Vit C through a diet?

Amazon product ASIN B00016RL9G

Would something like this have the same effect as getting your Vit C through a diet?
Sorry man but no link has come up. Could you send it again?

But whatever the product is, any topical Vitamin C will only address the epidermis (external) layer of the skin. It does have its place in a good skincare regime, but it can't replicate or activate the same biological reactions that only occur subcutaneously, when only applied topically.

For example, some Vitamin C serums claim that they aid in the formation of collagen, which is isn't feasible - since collagen formation occurs in the dermis layer of the skin, not the outer epidermis layer.