Warning: PRP (Plasma-Rich-Platelet Therapy) is one of the most expensive HAIR LOSS SCAMS out there

GreekGenes

GreekGenes

Mediterraneanmaxxed Specimen
Paid 400-500€ a session at a prestigious clinic. (monthly!)

PRP is basically a doctor injecting bullshit-"growth factors" into your scalp making you bleed like a dog. Very painful procedure.

oftentimes accompanied by false promises of "being more effective than minoxidil".

DO NOT DO IT.
Im speaking from personal experience, i fell for the meme of this "natural" treatment that is "only using your bodies own resources" and paid 4000 € over 10 months in total for ZERO results. That was about 5 years ago.

Shortly thereafter a fantastic plastic surgeon told me in a private conversation we had, that i had fallen for a meme. And that there was only anecdotal evidence for PRP's efficacy for Androgenetic alopecia.

Many clinics offer this scam-therapy as an alternative to hair transplants nowadays or to medical therapy (fin/min). Dont fall for the aggressive advertising. It's aimed at guys who've been fearmongered into avoiding proven therapies like FIN and is HIGHLY lucrative for clinics.

You've been advised. Waste your money at your own risk.

:blackpill: :blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill:

Even this meta-analysis concluded:

"Local injection of PRP for androgenic alopecia might be associated with an increased number of hairs in the treated areas with minimal morbidity, but there is clearly a lack of scientific evidence on this treatment modality. Further studies are needed to evaluate the efficacy of PRP for AGA."

(A Meta-analysis On Evidence Of Platelet-rich Plasma for Androgenetic Alopecia, Salvatore Giordano, Marco Romeo,1 Pietro di Summa,2 Andre' Salval, and Petteri Lankinen3 2018)

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Rea, lepo2317, n9wiff and 1 other person
Same, it did absolutely nothing for me. It helped my seborrhoea a tiny bit but never worth the money

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff and GreekGenes
Lol, it's 20 euro in india

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Mr.Proper and Rea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back