Was I destined to have sleep apnea given my skeletal/jaw structure?

basedred

basedred

Bronze
I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea last month. Does my jaw structure suggest a predisposition? What do you guys think?

IMG 2230

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Agendum, Shieda_Kayn and 1 other person
Yes. Contrasted with your hyoid, you have dogshit downward growth and 404 ramus.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: malicieusss and Deleted member 29155
your front teeth are above your bottom teeth

whats your ahi

I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea last month. Does my jaw structure suggest a predisposition? What do you guys think?

View attachment 2292943
Screenshot 176

Could be worse, but your neck posture is probably limiting your airways. Keep neck column erect for better breathing.

Looks like a normal skull x ray idk what to tell u

• +1
Reactions: basedred
Really? A bunch of people told me I look recessed af
You can't trust people here, I'd have to see a regular pic but it looks like any other skull to me. You can't really tell from a x-ray skull pic

sleep apnea can be caused by many things

I have sleep apnea as well but its due to a collapsed nasal valve rather than restricted airways. This is even if my jaw is slightly recessed. but that recession itself doesnt cause the apnea

So would take more than just xray to determine

sleep apnea can be caused by many things

I have sleep apnea as well but its due to a collapsed nasal valve rather than restricted airways. This is even if my jaw is slightly recessed. but that recession itself doesnt cause the apnea

So would take more than just xray to determine
Orthodontist said my nasal airway looks good

Orthodontist said my nasal airway looks good
Youll prob just have to consult a bimax surgeon

fwiw i saw 2 ents and both said my nasal airway was fine and they had no idea why i was having congestion issues.

you just need to do myofunctional therapy based on the xray it more likely to be from soft tissue muscles and posture.

Xrays always make you recessed more than you are because of the position you have to take

• +1
bimax ccw and u will imptove aesthetics + function

• +1
You can't trust people here, I'd have to see a regular pic but it looks like any other skull to me. You can't really tell from a x-ray skull pic
Can I pm you, and you tell me what u think?

Nah, been nose breathing since I was kid, I don't have any recession, and I have sleep apnea because my neck got too big from wrestling. :lul: But, majority of apnea cases are from what you are describing, but it's more complex than just recessed jaw, or w/e, there are a multitude of factors that can contribute to a stop in breathing during sleep, even mental stress.

BTW, being diagnosed with sleep apnea is a good thing, of course, you wouldn't want to have it, but most people with sleep apnea don't know they have it, they think being tired all day and needing coffee, or waking up after 4 hours of sleep is normal for them. But no, once you are diagnosed and you begin treatment, you might be mad if you were dealing with those symptoms for long, the treatment is a joke compared to the symptoms.

• +1
And my sleep apnea treatment started with a nose-only device, so yeah, not always related to jaw recession. You actually want to find out what exactly is causing you apnea, if you can, with a legit sleep test. Expensive as fuck but I think insurance will cover it because they are realizing sleep apnea is rampant and costing them more money from drowsy people driving or anything else requiring attention.

• +1
orthodontist told me that my nasal airway looks good. I had two sleep tests done already. My theory is that it’s my lower mandible collapsing inward. My hyoid bone positioning and mandible forward growth is shitty, so it makes sense. Also my sleep apnea is not central, meaning that my brain is working fine. It’s something external that’s causing it.

orthodontist told me that my nasal airway looks good. I had two sleep tests done already. My theory is that it’s my lower mandible collapsing inward. My hyoid bone positioning and mandible forward growth is shitty, so it makes sense. Also my sleep apnea is not central, meaning that my brain is working fine. It’s something external that’s causing it.

Did you get one those expensive overnight test or a home test? And do you primarily breath through your nose or mouth?

Did you get one those expensive overnight test or a home test? And do you primarily breath through your nose or mouth?
I got an expensive overnight test. I primarily breath through my mouth I think

I got an expensive overnight test. I primarily breath through my mouth I think

Not all tests are the same, so when you say this, I'm surprised because you should know the answer to this as they should have tested you in different positions, observed your breathing, etc., your report should tell you this. I would need clarity on the bolded, ironically, of course, I have sleep apnea have read a lot about it, but your question can really only be answered by a professional. No one here, not even I, can inform you on this topic especially based on the scan you gave us. lol

You can PM me if you want to take this private but you are better just going to the doctor, the only barrier between you and a professional should be a financial one, unfortunately though.

• +1
How recessed am I?
u have open nasolabial angle + downzrd growth (chin tilt downward)

4mm lf1 , full CCW, 7-9 BSSO ans 2-3 genio will change ur life

Btw just estimating from eye by ceph

U dont want overdone lf1

u have open nasolabial angle + downzrd growth (chin tilt downward)

4mm lf1 , full CCW, 7-9 BSSO ans 2-3 genio will change ur life

Btw just estimating from eye by ceph

U dont want overdone lf1
That’s exactly what is was thinking, a 4mm lf1 would be perfect. Especially since my nose is somewhat large.

Is a 7-9 bsso with ccw a pretty significant amount of movement tho? Will it be enough to correct a weak chin?

That’s exactly what is was thinking, a 4mm lf1 would be perfect. Especially since my nose is somewhat large.

Is a 7-9 bsso with ccw a pretty significant amount of movement tho? Will it be enough to correct a weak chin?
the CCW will bring the chin (pogonion) forwsrd more so yes, also i said add a 2 to 4 genio so the total pogonion will be 10-12 and it will be perfect without overdoing

• +1
the CCW will bring the chin (pogonion) forwsrd more so yes, also i said add a 2 to 4 genio so the total pogonion will be 10-12 and it will be perfect without overdoing
So 10-12 would be enough advancement for me?