Water

Deleted member 5634

Deleted member 5634

Banned
For real, how do i get nice clean water for cooking, drinking and showering? Theres tons of fucked up shit in water. What do you guys use? Whats your experience?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
Distilled water.
One dollar (Canadian) for 4 litres.

I drink tap water most of the time anyways.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403 and Deleted member 5634

• JFL
Reactions: aspieSavage and Deleted member 5634
tap water with filter and aluminum cup

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5634
For real, how do i get nice clean water for cooking, drinking and showering? Theres tons of fucked up shit in water. What do you guys use? Whats your experience?
use filters and use distilled water

Unfortunately I've done a ton of research on this shit because my last apartment had water that was fucking impotable, I wouldn't even cook noodles in that shit. TDS (total dissolved solids) of the tap water was reading at 800 ppm (parts per million). That's fucking disgusting, considering spring water usually sits around 100ppm & tap water is usually between 200 to 400. Over 300ppm can fuck up your kidneys over a lengthy period of time.

Reverse osmosis water is the best, even though distilled is technically more pure. This is because distilled water (having <1 ppm) will actually strip nutrients & good minerals out of your body. It won't kill ya to drink it, but it's not as good as RO which usually adds minerals back into your water after it's been filtered.

Don't get too wrapped up in the pH of your water — if it's RO & tastes fine then you're good. Sure, basic is technically a bit healthier than neutral & anything's better than acidic, but heavily basic water tastes fucking terrible.

If you live near a decent grocery store, you can usually fill up 5 gallon jugs with RO water straight from the store. Don't settle for spring, tap or distilled. And Brita filters barely remove anything out of water.

• +1
Reactions: BackFromTheMogging and Deleted member 5634
Unfortunately I've done a ton of research on this shit because my last apartment had water that was fucking impotable, I wouldn't even cook noodles in that shit. TDS (total dissolved solids) of the tap water was reading at 800 ppm (parts per million). That's fucking disgusting, considering spring water usually sits around 100ppm & tap water is usually between 200 to 400. Over 300ppm can fuck up your kidneys over a lengthy period of time.

Reverse osmosis water is the best, even though distilled is technically more pure. This is because distilled water (having <1 ppm) will actually strip nutrients & good minerals out of your body. It won't kill ya to drink it, but it's not as good as RO which usually adds minerals back into your water after it's been filtered.

Don't get too wrapped up in the pH of your water — if it's RO & tastes fine then you're good. Sure, basic is technically a bit healthier than neutral & anything's better than acidic, but heavily basic water tastes fucking terrible.

If you live near a decent grocery store, you can usually fill up 5 gallon jugs with RO water straight from the store. Don't settle for spring, tap or distilled. And Brita filters barely remove anything out of water.

Bro 800 ppm is straight poison, wtf. Reverse osmosis looks like better option, showering can take time tho.

• +1
Reactions: ShineBright
Bro 800 ppm is straight poison, wtf. Reverse osmosis looks like better option, showering can take time tho.
Yeah bro, I'd measured fucking beer & was only seeing like 1100ppm, and that obviously has a lot of shit floating around that isn't water. The tap water smelled like fucking eggs & looked light grey, definitely too much sulfur & some lead in there. Didn't even bother filing a complaint bc that place was filled with filthy Somalians so I knew the next people to move into my place would probably get poisoned JFL

A decent water softener will clear up any fears of your shower, it's a very noticeable difference between typical hard water & way better for your skin & hair

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5634
Yeah bro, I'd measured fucking beer & was only seeing like 1100ppm, and that obviously has a lot of shit floating around that isn't water. The tap water smelled like fucking eggs & looked light grey, definitely too much sulfur & some lead in there. Didn't even bother filing a complaint bc that place was filled with filthy Somalians so I knew the next people to move into my place would probably get poisoned JFL

A decent water softener will clear up any fears of your shower, it's a very noticeable difference between typical hard water & way better for your skin & hair

I was asking bc our teacher told us there was lead on one of our nearest lakes, fuckin shitty people throwing stuff at water making us subhuman

• +1
Reactions: ShineBright