We need a Weightloss Megathread

LightingFraud

LightingFraud

Silver
For all my aspiring low bf%cels, we need a weight loss mega-thread complete with tips, motivation, updates, and weekly weigh-ins for everybody.

If not I'll make one just for myself in a couple weeks and I'm gonna document my entire journey to single digit city

eat.in.a.caloric.deficit

everything else is cope more or less

• +1
Reactions: Zeta ascended, Extra Chromosome, Dude420 and 6 others
i want to see epic transformation of looksmax user

just eat less faggots

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Slob and kobecel
eat.in.a.caloric.deficit

No shit

There's also nutrition, calorie density, staying full, being active, finding motivation, etc.

Everybody knows how to lose weight it's more of a matter of breaking bad habits and forming new ones which is difficult for most people

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome and normcore
No shit

There's also nutrition, calorie density, staying full, being active, finding motivation, etc.

Everybody knows how to lose weight it's more of a matter of breaking bad habits and forming new ones which is difficult for most people

No actually most people cant lose weight because they cope with diets and useless strategies etc. They're just weak and can't accept that you're not going to be as full as before

• +1
Reactions: Slob and androidcel
There is only one guaranteed way to lose weight - and that is to fast. Fast for about 5 days and you will be astonished at how much weight you will lose. As for nutrition just take vitamin supplements and shit.

• +1
Reactions: xz90
Running also accelerates the process, most efficient way of burning calories

No actually most people cant lose weight because they cope with diets and useless strategies etc. They're just weak and can't accept that you're not going to be as full as before
Fair enough, but why not have check-ins to stay motivated and shit?

No we don't

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome, Slob and androidcel
@blackoutwhitein thoughts??

• +1
Reactions: Time Travel and androidcel
No shit

If you need motivation to eat less you'll never make it, and im dead serious.

• +1
Reactions: Slob and androidcel
eat.in.a.caloric.deficit

"but muh insulin spikes, sugar, micros, zinc and vitamins bro glucose balance"
All cope. CALORIE DEFICIT, INCREASE PROTEIN A BIT, LIFT WEIGHTS

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 483 and kobecel
You're all cunts, I'm still gonna make the thread

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
Like most other people are saying:
eat in a caloric deficit. That is it.
Everyone who is trying to tell you differently are most likely trying to sell you something. So just ignore it and focus on a slow and steady caloric deficit.

Why do people lose weight with keto: caloric deficit,
why do people lose weight by cutting all fat from their food: caloric deficit.
why do people lose weight by cutting away sugar: caloric deficit.
and so on...

This is very basic and something we all know. So why do people still fail at something so simple? There are a lot of reasons. And for most people to effectively loose weight they need to work at fixing some of their underlying thought structures - For most people a psychologist will probably be much more benefitial than a dietist or a personal trainer.

A lot of people will try and restrict their diet so it only consists of what society tells them is "healthy" food. This will for the vast majority of people only work for a short period of time, and when they give up, the feeling of failure will usually spiral them into eating more of the things they denied themselves during their "diet".

It is a scientific fact that has been proven through several studies that restrictions lead to over-eating.

Don't tell yourself that you are above this fact!

The way we talk and think about food in the west is contributing to most people having some degree of eating disorder. We have learned to divide foods into two groups; healthy and unhealthy. This is a false dichotemy, nothing is healthy or unhealthy, it is ALWAYS a matter of context and amount.

a calorie is a calorie, regardless of wether it comes from cake or from spinach. So don't deny yourself chocolate or some cake if it is something that is important to you. Make adjustments in your daily intake so there is room for a bit of the things that you'd otherwise think of as unhealthy, while still making sure you eat other more filling and more vitamin-rich foods.

a few tips:
  • There are no foods that are forbidden! - but remember context and quantity.
  • don't obsess about it. If you eat a bit too much one day, it's fine, you're allowed to. It's an inevetable part of life, just accept it and move on. Don't tell yourself that you've failed and quit.
  • Assume that you will fail at some point.
  • Shift your focus away from denying yourself foods and put your focus on how to feel full during the day, and how to get your nutrients in a way that you will enjoy.
  • Stop weighing yourself daily. weigh yourself maximum every two weeks if you must. I can find a study for you if you are interested, that shows that people who weighed themselves daily had a harder time loosing weight. (most likely they feel failure when they don't see progress and then go "fuck it" and over-eat)
oh, and if anyone uses words like "detox", "weightloss-kickstart", "gluten-free", "superfood", etc. don't even bother.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome and Slob
I'd also like to see one for gaining weight. I've tried just about everything.

• +1
Reactions: Michael15651
> megathread :soy: :soy: :soy:

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
Tip:

drinking calories is easier then eating them

Oh, for sure. The only problem with me is I've tried the store-bought protein powder with 1,800 calories and a variety of flavors and I've always had to take a Zofran because I always felt nauseous.

• +1
Reactions: kobecel
drinking calories is easier then eating them

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Zygos4Life, AspiringChad, Zeta ascended and 3 others
Like most other people are saying:
eat in a caloric deficit. That is it.
Everyone who is trying to tell you differently are most likely trying to sell you something. So just ignore it and focus on a slow and steady caloric deficit.

Why do people lose weight with keto: caloric deficit,
why do people lose weight by cutting all fat from their food: caloric deficit.
why do people lose weight by cutting away sugar: caloric deficit.
and so on...

This is very basic and something we all know. So why do people still fail at something so simple? There are a lot of reasons. And for most people to effectively loose weight they need to work at fixing some of their underlying thought structures - For most people a psychologist will probably be much more benefitial than a dietist or a personal trainer.

A lot of people will try and restrict their diet so it only consists of what society tells them is "healthy" food. This will for the vast majority of people only work for a short period of time, and when they give up, the feeling of failure will usually spiral them into eating more of the things they denied themselves during their "diet".

It is a scientific fact that has been proven through several studies that restrictions lead to over-eating.

Don't tell yourself that you are above this fact!

The way we talk and think about food in the west is contributing to most people having some degree of eating disorder. We have learned to divide foods into two groups; healthy and unhealthy. This is a false dichotemy, nothing is healthy or unhealthy, it is ALWAYS a matter of context and amount.

a calorie is a calorie, regardless of wether it comes from cake or from spinach. So don't deny yourself chocolate or some cake if it is something that is important to you. Make adjustments in your daily intake so there is room for a bit of the things that you'd otherwise think of as unhealthy, while still making sure you eat other more filling and more vitamin-rich foods.

a few tips:
  • There are no foods that are forbidden! - but remember context and quantity.
  • don't obsess about it. If you eat a bit too much one day, it's fine, you're allowed to. It's an inevetable part of life, just accept it and move on. Don't tell yourself that you've failed and quit.
  • Assume that you will fail at some point.
  • Shift your focus away from denying yourself foods and put your focus on how to feel full during the day, and how to get your nutrients in a way that you will enjoy.
  • Stop weighing yourself daily. weigh yourself maximum every two weeks if you must. I can find a study for you if you are interested, that shows that people who weighed themselves daily had a harder time loosing weight. (most likely they feel failure when they don't see progress and then go "fuck it" and over-eat)
oh, and if anyone uses words like "detox", "weightloss-kickstart", "gluten-free", "superfood", etc. don't even bother.
Calories in calories out is true but its vacuously true. Its like saying the best way to lose weight is to lose weight. "Using more energy than you take in" is literally just a thermodynamics restatement of "lose weight". What people want to know ISNT how to lose weight, its mostly how to control satiety and secondarily how to eat to get healthier which is a much more complex problem than how to lose weight.

You can lose weight on a twinky only diet if you restrict calories enough but you certainly will not be healthy or control satiety on a twinky diet.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
Calories in calories out is true but its vacuously true. Its like saying the best way to lose weight is to lose weight. "Using more energy than you take in" is literally just a thermodynamics restatement of "lose weight". What people want to know ISNT how to lose weight, its mostly how to control satiety and secondarily how to eat to get healthier which is a much more complex problem than how to lose weight.

You can lose weight on a twinky only diet if you restrict calories enough but you certainly will not be healthy or control satiety on a twinky diet.

if you think the point of my post was to say that you should just go for any diet, i didn't express myself well enough.

Last edited:
like REALLY REALLY fucking stupid
nvm you were the same faggot who wnated a fucking SPORTS FORUM this one is actually not that bad