Wearing suits and other more formal wear at 18: doable?

bishounen0bladee

bishounen0bladee

Need to fix my face. All my friends are drain.

Recently watched Pierrot le Fou and Breathless, and have been obsessed with the way Jean Paul Belmondo dresses in both. My oneitis told me after we left the theatre watching pierrot le fou that its "literally so easy to be attractive as a man. you (as in me, not an ambiguous "you") need to get on accutane, get in the gym, and start wearing suits. I can't tell if my newfound inclination is just in hopes of becoming more attractive to her, or I just actually like the suits, but that's besides the point. Is dressing like picrel too tryhard? especially at 18, will i lower my desirability to women?

• +1
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension
another post into the void... even on .org everybody hates me

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: KLESUM and Chinlet Ascension
Depending on face and frame, may look like a tryhard schoolboy.

• +1
Reactions: bishounen0bladee
Depending on face and frame, may look like a tryhard schoolboy.

this is me, i have slightly better skin now though, and its getting better every day. frame wise im 180cm, very thin, average, maybe slightly narrow, shoulders.

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper
  • +1
Reactions: KLESUM and bishounen0bladee
Lol she hinting you to get on accutane
i have gotten on it :lul: and started going to the gym
suits is the third and final thing i hope she loves me now.

• +1
Reactions: GalacticHero
No, don't wear suits every day.

If you want to wear suits more often, you could maybe pull it off if you
1) go to more formal places (but not necessarily places where everyone is in a suit or dress), like nicer restaurants, clubs, etc.,
2) dress in a less formal suit/outfit*,
3) it fits your "vibe"--you're not a super bubbly friendly guy, more withdrawn, classy and "mysterious".

* Don't wear a "presidential suit"--the classic 2-button, navy/charcoal suit with a solid tie. It looks too business-like. Try suits in different colors and patterns. Sports jackets with a pair of pants of a different color works as well.

You should probably only be wearing custom-made. Almost everything else is too cookie-cutter.

Daniel George DUPE brown check qbw 4614detail Ztomford tom ford kortajarena spring 2010 00 Ztomford  4d220099e758a00439c9b42ca1e9adbf  john ford stems YyIsaia purplewindowpane ISAIA Marquee

• +1
Reactions: bishounen0bladee
No, don't wear suits every day.

If you want to wear suits more often, you could maybe pull it off if you
1) go to more formal places (but not necessarily places where everyone is in a suit or dress), like nicer restaurants, clubs, etc.,
2) dress in a less formal suit/outfit*,
3) it fits your "vibe"--you're not a super bubbly friendly guy, more withdrawn, classy and "mysterious".

* Don't wear a "presidential suit"--the classic 2-button, navy/charcoal suit with a solid tie. It looks too business-like. Try suits in different colors and patterns. Sports jackets with a pair of pants of a different color works as well.

You should probably only be wearing custom-made. Almost everything else is too cookie-cutter.

View attachment 2310237 View attachment 2310238 View attachment 2310239 View attachment 2310240
i understand your point but this sort of stuff is just not to my personal taste. business like, proletarian, that's what i want... its what im pretty sure she wants as well. thank you for the advice though. the thing about suit going with personality is a very good point.

business like, proletarian, that's what i want...
Business like and proletarian are two contradictory things but I assume that is just a language issue.

i understand your point but this sort of stuff is just not to my personal taste.
You should wear a business suit to business, and wear a more casual suit casually. that's what they're for.

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper
Business like and proletarian are two contradictory things but I assume that is just a language issue.

You should wear a business suit to business, and wear a more casual suit casually. that's what they're for.
yes sorry i thought u meant business like as just "pertaining to work". and of course proletarian here i use for working men. thank you for the advice.

• +1
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension

Users who are viewing this thread

Back