Week 2 of dieting against acne - progress + advice

davinci

davinci

tech quintillionaire
Hello everyone and welcome back to the third episode of dieting to combat my acne. This week i've done some serious research (i feel like a phd) and here i'll present my findings and ask you some of the questions I have.

Week's recap

I took you guys' advice and started an elimination diet (see below).
Inflammation of the skin has gone down a bit and it's only located near the pimples now.
I also stopped the skincare as many said it might be worse doing that than not doing anything at all.

Here are the photos from today (on the left) of my right cheek (the part of my face which is more inflamed); on the right the same spot a week ago. Do you think it has improved?

Diet

The elimination diet protocol i started consist of this:
  • Lunch: 400g ground beef + 6 carrots
  • Snack: 2 bananas
  • Dinner: 400g ground beef + 50g liver + 6 carrots + 2/3 kiwis
The biggest change compared to last week was: i swapped chicken for ground beef; i removed yoghurt as i read could cause inflammation (since it's still derivated from milk).
But the biggest and most promising is the introduction of beef liver. 50g/day is right below the limit for vitamin a toxicity, which mean i'll be getting A LOT of vitamin a (which is the same thing in isotretinoin). Vitamin a has been proven to contribute a lot in reducing acne.

I reduced the number of bananas i eat a day because they contain a lot of sugar and sugar might cause skin inflammation (see question below).

Possible improvements

During my research I came across SULFUR SOAP, and many are saying that it improved their skin a lot. Has any of you guys used it? How was you're experience with it? Would you recommend it to me? How did you use it?

My questions to you

[ ? 1]
Should I start using sulfur soap? Or should I continue with the 'caveman protocol' = no skincare? Or should I restart doing skincare again?
[ ? 2] Do you think I should consume more fruit / vegetables? If so what kind?
[ ? 3] I read online that VITAMIN B5 MEGADOSING (10-20g/day) could help a lot with acne. Is it effective? what do you think about it? Is there a supplement product that contains that amount of B5 so that I don't have to buy the micro-bottles from the drugstore every 15 minutes?

That's all for this week, hope this thread will help some of my fellow skincels.
If any of you have suggestions on how i should improve this protocol feel absolutely free to help. Thanks

• +1
Reactions: Coeus, Snowskinned, MFMF and 1 other person
Tagging high IQs: @PsychoDsk @Coeus @NZb6Air @enriquecel

• +1
Reactions: Coeus, enriquecel and NZb6Air
i cured my acne and seb derm completely in 3 weeks when i was 16 and i had it very bad (red tomato face )
i just stopped drinking cola / milk / processed foods

basically just ate pasta with tomato sauce for 3weeks

NIgga just get on tazarotene and benzoyl peroxide

• +1
Reactions: davinci, N1666, SubhumanForever and 1 other person
night: cleanse - dry - tret - moisturise
day: cleanse (gently) - dry - tret - spf moisturiser

diet: high fat high protein no carb
supplements - creatine, vit b5 at 2000mg a day

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Coeus and Snowskinned
Good shit op
Your skin looks way healthier and clear. I wouldn’t introduce sulfur soap since it strips your natural oils. Oily skin is actually beneficial for your skin since it carries regenerative properties. This’ll make acne scars less prone.
Maybe you could start moisturizing twice a day.
I use keracnyl pp+, have been using this for a year now and it’s moisturizing without clogging pores which is exactly what you need when trying to clear up acne.

How many cals do you eat in a day?

• +1
Reactions: princeof316, davinci and Coeus
NIgga just get on tazarotene and benzoyl peroxide

No this shit only works if your acne stems from the skin itself aka ur pores. His acne is caused internally. No reason to destroy his sensitive skin with treatments like that. First he needs to fix his gut and intestines so his skin grows more resilient and thicker. Only then should he start adopting a skincare routine

• +1
Reactions: davinci
No this shit only works if your acne stems from the skin itself aka ur pores. His acne is caused internally. No reason to destroy his sensitive skin with treatments like that. First he needs to fix his gut and intestines so his skin grows more resilient and thicker. Only then should he start adopting a skincare routine
tret = gay glow = life brah

• +1
Reactions: PsychoDsk
tret = gay glow = life brah
Only if your skin can handle it, a shit ton of ppl can not handle tret at all. The skin barrier is a real thing boyo, if your skin barrier is already fucked which is the case with him, he needs to fix it first by lightly moisturizing and fixing his gut. If you smear tret or any other harsh compound on skin with a bad barrier it’s destined to go south. I had the same thing, took me months to get rid of tret induced acne

• +1
Reactions: enriquecel
Only if your skin can handle it, a shit ton of ppl can not handle tret at all. The skin barrier is a real thing boyo, if your skin barrier is already fucked which is the case with him, he needs to fix it first by lightly moisturizing and fixing his gut. If you smear tret or any other harsh compound on skin with a bad barrier it’s destined to go south. I had the same thing, took me months to get rid of tret induced acne
how the fuck do indian niggas not have acne, hella irrelevant but, niggas eat cow shit yet still have no acne

• JFL
how the fuck do indian niggas not have acne, hella irrelevant but, niggas eat cow shit yet still have no acne
Lowkey jealous of those streetshitters tbh
The answer is melanin and genes

• +1
Reactions: princeof316

creatine for skin health :lul::lul::lul::lul:

Tret 2 times a day :lul::lul::lul::lul:

Nigga is trying to looksmin some poor guy

• +1
Reactions: princeof316 and davinci
creatine for skin health :lul::lul::lul::lul:

Tret 2 times a day :lul::lul::lul::lul:

Nigga is trying to looksmin some poor guy
dnr tret 2 times a day @PsychoDsk get a load of this guy

• +1
0 progress, the diet shit resolves within a week easy, i give that same advice

if it's actually diet and shit it resolves insta

you think mt2 will decrease acne then?
It has for me and several other ppl, your skin just turns really really oily. If your intestines and gut is healthy it’s actually beneficial for your skin but if you’re unhealthy your pores can get clogged with bacteria

• +1
Reactions: enriquecel
Good job it looks like your inflamation went down a good amount.

Since your seeing slight improvement, I would keep doing what your doing for a couple more weeks and then evaluate from there if its truly working.

I have tried the sulfur soap before but didnt seem to have much luck. But it doesnt hurt to try. Make sure your skin is well moisturized when trying products that could damage your skin barrier.

I have just recently added clindamycin 1% with benzoyl peroxide 5% into my tretinoin routine and the clindamycin seems to really help with acne.

• +1
Reactions: princeof316, davinci and PsychoDsk
0 progress, the diet shit resolves within a week easy, i give that same advice
View attachment 3206619
if it's actually diet and shit it resolves insta
Caging at -stop using concealer :forcedsmile:
His skin actually does look better, doesn’t look like new spots appeared. Just old ones that are fading and are just red. His active acne is clearing up in terms of whiteheads and postules. Just gonna take a while to get rid of the PIE and some spots here and there

• JFL
Reactions: NZb6Air
Caging at -stop using concealer :forcedsmile:
His skin actually does look better, doesn’t look like new spots appeared. Just old ones that are fading and are just red. His active acne is clearing up in terms of whiteheads and postules. Just gonna take a while to get rid of the PIE and some spots here and there
it was a girl

• JFL
Good shit op
Your skin looks way healthier and clear. I wouldn’t introduce sulfur soap since it strips your natural oils. Oily skin is actually beneficial for your skin since it carries regenerative properties. This’ll make acne scars less prone.
Maybe you could start moisturizing twice a day.
I use keracnyl pp+, have been using this for a year now and it’s moisturizing without clogging pores which is exactly what you need when trying to clear up acne.

How many cals do you eat in a day?
Thanks i'll buy it.
Now it's about 2400kcal which is a slight deficit

• +1
How can you tell that my acne is caused internally?
When do you think i should start a skincare routine?
Other than moisturizing should I also use a foam cleanser?
What products should I use? tazarotene and benzoyl peroxide like @NZb6Air suggested?

• +1
Good job it looks like your inflamation went down a good amount.

Since your seeing slight improvement, I would keep doing what your doing for a couple more weeks and then evaluate from there if its truly working.

I have tried the sulfur soap before but didnt seem to have much luck. But it doesnt hurt to try. Make sure your skin is well moisturized when trying products that could damage your skin barrier.

I have just recently added clindamycin 1% with benzoyl peroxide 5% into my tretinoin routine and the clindamycin seems to really help with acne.
Thanks for the feedback on sulfur soap. I'll wait a couple more weeks before trying it, see the situation improves.
is clindamycin an antibiotic? I used antibiotics before but didn't really work for me

• +1
Reactions: Coeus
thanks for the study. However I've been on this new diet only for 1 week. So maybe i should give it more time.

Regarding tazarotene and benzoyl peroxide, can i get them without prescription? what % should i start with?
Your inflammation has calmed down dramatically, just give it a few weeks and new spots shouldn’t be surfacing anymore. You’ll have to deal with PIE tho. They’re scars but not in the way you think, just red spots that can last a few months but eventually fade. You can get rid of those with skincare like tret and taz, coupled with moisturizers. However I would never use cleansers again.

Once your active acne has cleared up and you don’t get new ones for a while. Try to incorporate skincare to get godly texture and get rid of leftover PIE

• +1
Thanks for the feedback on sulfur soap. I'll wait a couple more weeks before trying it, see the situation improves.
is clindamycin an antibiotic? I used antibiotics before but didn't really work for me
Yeah clindamycin is a topical anti biotic and is usually paired with tret

• +1