well regarded users

Feanor

Feanor

conjurer
something interesting about some well regarded users that is actually very easy to see is how infrequently they give reacts while withholding basic replies that wont get reacts like answering questions. they wont even react to people they reply to who they agree with unless they're closely associated. the only thing you're going to get is an occasional honest JFL but mostly JFLs that are meant to be mocking or ambiguous.

i guess it is like a life skill. some status conscious people even in the most trivial of places are constantly on guard to increase their status and trying to limit others. it's a trivial thing here but most likely a sign of their irl behavior that can be very tedious to deal with.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4645, Introvertednarc, TheAscendedOne and 21 others
Yeah, I totally agree, but I won't be upvoting. I also agree with what you said down there, but I'm not making another comment which probably won't' get upvoted.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 4645, TheAscendedOne, didntreadlol and 7 others
Yeah, I totally agree, but I won't be upvoting.
even if they like you it's important to remember that they are not your friend. they're psychologically on the same level as a gold digger.
@LordNorwood is a very solid well regarded user i commend him

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, didntreadlol and BigBoy
It depends on the image you want to create, early on its best to react to many things becuase what goes around comes around and if you give freely others will want to give back.
Once you rise higher its natural to limit to inner circle to play the exclusivity game

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, sloopnoob, didntreadlol and 6 others
It depends on the image you want to create, early on its best to react to many things becuase what goes around comes around and if you give freely others will want to give back.
Once you rise higher its natural to limit to inner circle to play the exclusivity game
if you agree with someone and reply to them there is no reason not to react. maybe yuo realize this but it's not necessarily important or appropriate to constantly be making these assessments in your head

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, sloopnoob, didntreadlol and 3 others
how do i find my first comment on this site?
this site is doodoo lmao

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Downey, TheAscendedOne, sloopnoob and 5 others
if you agree with someone and reply to them there is no reason not to react. maybe yuo realize this but it's not necessarily important or appropriate to constantly be making these assessments in your head
From a sincere point of view sure, but social engagements are by their very nature insincere.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, sloopnoob, didntreadlol and 1 other person
they wont even react to people they reply to who they agree with unless they're closely associated.
lol i do this so much

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, sloopnoob, didntreadlol and 4 others
Giphy 1

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, sloopnoob and didntreadlol
From a sincere point of view sure, but social engagements are by their very nature insincere.
social interactions on some fundamental level are not by any means insincere. maybe it is a cultural thing but the basic assumption about them is that they are on good faith. you don't assess someone's status when you choose whether to hold the door open for them

Last edited:
  • +1
this site is actual doodoo i cant find my first post wtf

• +1
Reactions: Downey, TheAscendedOne, sloopnoob and 2 others
social interactions on some fundamental level are not by any means insincere
I disagree, everything is a game always

• +1
I disagree, everything is a game always
not healthy and not useful for the majority of people. high status high likability people will always win in the end over high status low likability individuals.

• +1
not healthy and not useful for the majority of people. high status high likability people will always win in the end over high status low likability individuals.
You act like this is mutually exclusive to my post

• +1
You act like this is mutually exclusive to my post
very few people who make these assessments are highly likable. it is indicative of a personality. it is not difficult to perceive this behavior at all and people treat you accordingly. it's a defense mechanism against people who don't contribute. it is why so many criminals are dark triad people.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, sloopnoob, didntreadlol and 2 others
I don’t give updoots lightly

• +1
very few people who make these assessments are highly likable. it is indicative of a personality.
Not sure what you mean

• +1
trying to find my first comments where i pinged @Aesthetic for a deathnote joke where nigger replied but didnt give me a react

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Downey, TheAscendedOne, sloopnoob and 3 others
Not sure what you mean
if you mean it is possible to be highly likeable and high status and also someone who treats social engagements like a zero sum game then you are correct but rarely so because people who behave that way are rarely perceived as likable
trying to find my first comments where i pinged @Aesthetic for a deathnote joke where nigger replied but didnt give me a react
please help my boy @25percentile human GTFIH

• +1
Screenshot 2020 03 24 at 200209

click youtube title to view video

• +1
if you mean it is possible to be highly likeable and high status and also someone who treats social engagements like a zero sum game then you are correct but rarely so because people who behave that way are rarely perceived as likable

please help my boy @25percentile human GTFIH
It's not necessarily a zero sum game, that isnt what I said. However it is always a game.

• +1
There was a time when i saw a post I liked,
but didnt feel bothered to react

Hours later I felt it pounding in my head,
I had to finish taking my shit, find that post, and react to it

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Patient A, Downey, TheAscendedOne and 5 others
It's not necessarily a zero sum game, that isnt what I said. However it is always a game.
nonetheless it's not likable behavior it is very tedious to interact with someone in the most inconsequential way and feel the tension of some contest. it's why i hate playing games with people who are constantly trying to one up me in some way. the worst part about it is that you create this tension when it is completely unimportant.

Last edited:
  • +1
it's just another form of normalfaggotry. i think it's retarded that people here actually think they are that important

• +1
Reactions: Patient A, Introvertednarc, TheAscendedOne and 3 others
2 types of users

1. The guy that reacts to everyone (people with negative ratio or proportional ratio)

2. The guy that gets all the reacts (aka a main character like me)

Im sorry, permavirgins

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Downey, TheAscendedOne, sloopnoob and 5 others
its because many people here have seen everything 1000X times. water is wet

• +1
nonetheless it's not likable behavior it is very tedious to interact with someone in the most inconsequential way and feel the tension of some contest. it's why i hate playing games with people who are constantly trying to one up me in some way. the worst part about it is that you create this tension when it is completely unimportant.
You're completely right but the kinds of people you're talking about are "playing the game" very poorly, in a heavy handed way that makes you aware of it and they "lose" when you dislike them. What you respond to isnt sincerity but instead demonstrations of social ability, same as anyone.

• +1
I respond to almost every tag I get. Thing is on this site a lot of the times people tag me but I don't get a notification.

But if I see a post that said something I wanted to say or a post makes me laugh i usually do react.

• +1
i think some users have NPD tbh

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, sloopnoob, didntreadlol and 3 others
You're completely right but the kinds of people you're talking about are "playing the game" very poorly, in a heavy handed way that makes you aware of it and they "lose" when you dislike them. What you respond to isnt sincerity but instead demonstrations of social ability, same as anyone.
i recognize the distinction but what you are missing is that there is positive and negative aspects of this game and you do it in a more effective and socially useful way by doing it positively, winning this status game by improving yourself independently rather than actively putting people down or actively limiting their growth and there is without a doubt circumstances in which it is completely unimportant.

• +1
I respond to almost every tag I get. Thing is on this site a lot of the times people tag me but I don't get a notification.

But if I see a post that said something I wanted to say or a post makes me laugh i usually do react.
give me my react or imma cry

• +1
I only upvote people that I agree with, makes good posts or is mature and actually adds to the conversation. I'll also upvote someone to motivate them sometimes.

• +1
I give reacts out like candy because I don't fuck with this behaviour
I basically scroll through threads and updoot everyone who said something interesting or truthful

• +1
Reactions: Introvertednarc, TheAscendedOne, sloopnoob and 2 others
IMAGINE NOT BEEING ME,SON.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
i recognize the distinction but what you are missing is that there is positive and negative aspects of this game and you do it in a more effective and socially useful way by doing it positively, winning this status game by improving yourself independently rather than actively putting people down or actively limiting their growth and there is without a doubt circumstances in which it is completely unimportant.
I agree with all of that tbh

• +1
Where would you place me?

• +1
  • +1
  • WTF
Where would you place me?
i am not very familiar with your posting but i see you do not actively withhold reacts as part of some status seeking plan

• +1
Keep barking for me subhuman inkwell
i am not very familiar with your posting but i see you do not actively withhold reacts as part of some status seeking plan
I see. Ive always made it my value to be sincere and kind in social interactions and not partake in the social heirarchy game and be nice to high status people and be mean to subhumans. Ive noticed this behaviour in people from a young age and theyve always sickened me. Im disgusted by them tbh to the point where J try to be their polar opposite.

Unfortunately I think this value of mine has set me back because Ive been able to get around high status people and become acquantices but never friends or become high status myself.

I think Ill start using @LordNorwood method of approach.

• +1
  • Love it
i think some users have NPD tbh

im diagnosed with it and im not even that big of a faggot with "forum status" and farming reacs

• +1
I agree with all of that tbh
i think you are a positive poster in what i said but it's really a behavior everyone should be aware of. if you limit your replies to only what gets reacts for example not responding to questions and only making funny posts while limiting the recognition of good users you are making the site worse. if you make good posts and recognize good users you are making the site better. even if you only make funny posts you can still react to good users. it's negative and positive status seeking. it's like a general thing

these well regarded "funny" people are very tedious indeed. many people with positive ratios virtually never make substantial posts. maybe they did at one point.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
I was gonna react but you have 13 reacts now and thats enough

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Gazzamogga, TheAscendedOne, sloopnoob and 6 others
  • +1
  • +1