What age to do jaw surgery...

KrissKross

KrissKross

Roped
Is 18 too early. I’ve heard that mandible and stuff grows till 24-25. So what happens if you do jaw surgery and it keeps growing?

Is 18 too early. I’ve heard that mandible and stuff grows till 24-25. So what happens if you do jaw surgery and it keeps growing?

Attachments

• DFDFC13D-6AA4-43B5-847C-E8563E38CB43.jpeg
    DFDFC13D-6AA4-43B5-847C-E8563E38CB43.jpeg
    13.2 KB · Views: 32
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 39
Looks like bruxism tbh

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Roge and androidcel
Face is growing until you die, that's why you see that most old people have long midfaces.

Jaw surgery and braces have the same goal, however jaw surgery is applied when the problem is so severe that even braces can't change it.

Face is growing until you die, that's why you see that most old people have long midfaces.

Jaw surgery and braces have the same goal, however jaw surgery is applied when the problem is so severe that even braces can't change it.
Don’t think the actual midface grows with age, maybe philtrum a bit but it’s mostly the loss of bone mass/soft tissues/wrinkles that gives that appearance

Jaw surgery is expensive as fuck and Id also wait to atleast 21 years old before you do it

Get xrays done. Wait a 1 year. Get another xray to see if the jaw has grown. If its changed wait another year, if not get surgery

After you graduate college, before you join the professional world.