What are some signs of maxillary recession?

Deleted member 3202

Deleted member 3202

Motivatemaxxing
Also, do high and wide cheekbones indicate a forward grown maxilla?

• +1
Reactions: BrettyBoy
The best sign is no sex and no „you are so handsome“ messages on your phone.

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: LILMAXILLA, je3oe, Peachy and 12 others
Nasoblasial folds are a telltale sign, especially if you are young, or even old for that matter. High and wide cheekbones do not necessarily mean you have good maxilla.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and Deleted member 3202
Everyone except jungle savages have recessed maxillas and the jungle savages aren't looking much better tbh

Everyone except jungle savages have recessed maxillas and the jungle savages aren't looking much better tbh
2DB5DFDC 7B9C 421E ABC8 F35EF80BC004

• Ugh..
Reactions: Wincel
what did you call me?.
and why would you assume im psl 4?

• Ugh..
Reactions: Wincel
Nasoblasial folds are a telltale sign, especially if you are young, or even old for that matter. High and wide cheekbones do not necessarily mean you have good maxilla.
Always had a theory on that but never heard anyone say it until now. I have a visible fold on my more recessed side but not on my left.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and RAITEIII
Lol, I have those, they are more like lines though.
what did you call me?.
and why would assume im psl 4?
Does the actor Patrick Swayze (who I'm told I look like) have a recessed maxilla (I'm asking because he has folds)?

Last edited:
looks recessed tbh. he could be tilting down if so then no.

idk im not good at determining like that
So can you still be high PSL with a recessed maxilla?

So can you still be high PSL with a recessed maxilla?
of course. just be very lucky and have many other good traits probably associated with maxilla

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 3202
of course. just be very lucky and have many other good traits probably associated with maxilla
I have everything except chin height, angular jaw (it's wide though), ramus angularity, (I guess that's a thing?) and minimally protrusive cheekbones (might be wrong about that one) but good bone structure so far. I hope that'll be enough to save me.

Last edited:
I have everything except chin height, ramus angularity, (I guess that's a thing?) and minimally petrusive cheekbones (might be wrong about that one) but good bone structure so far. I hope that'll be enough to save me.
could be. its all about the eye area tbh
well mostly

Not being happy

• +1
Reactions: ovosoundszn
I Heard someone say eyebags are a sign too, is that true?
Don't think they are. forward growth does improve undereye support tho

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
Fuark I have nasolabial folds

If I have an overbite and a big chin it's unlikely that my maxilla is recessed though right?

trust me . it is.
just that some people may not be able to do it
Wait, is a narrow palate a sign of maxillary recession? Because I have a narrow palate (not extremely narrow, but enough to where it causes buccal corridors) and was wondering if this is a sign.
Fuark I have nasolabial folds

If I have an overbite and a big chin it's unlikely that my maxilla is recessed though right?
Big as in width, height or projection?

Wait, is a narrow palate a sign of maxillary recession? Because I have a narrow palate (not extremely narrow, but enough to where it causes buccal corridors) and was wondering if this is a sign.

Big as in width, height or projection?
dont think it is. but it probably is. idk. it doesnt have to be but its linked to bad oral posture I think

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
dont think it is. but it probably is. idk. it doesnt have to be but its linked to bad oral posture I think
Looks like the palate expander is my new best friend. . . . .

look up. "ronald eads mse progress" on this forum
From what I just read, your maxilla will be more forward grown than your mandible and you will have to jut for your teeth to meet together. I don't know about this, could potentially mess you up, may have to get double jaw surgery for that. Wonder if insurance will cover the jaw surgery since it would obstruct your quality of life.

From what I just read, your maxilla will be more forward grown than your mandible and you will have to jut for your teeth to meet together. I don't know about this, could potentially mess you up, may have to get double jaw surgery for that. Wonder if insurance will cover the jaw surgery since it would obstruct your quality of life.
??? are you talking about fagga?

Nasolabial folds can be an indicator if I remember right