What are some signs you have good muscle genetics?

D

Deleted member 2846

Kraken
like long belly bicep muscles

8 pack

• +1
Reactions: Htobrother

• +1
Reactions: balding17yomanletcel
However you looked like before you lifted weights and/or when you were super young, say 13-16, is a good indicator. Some nibbers eat KFC one meal a day growing up and are shredded with big biceps...we all know tjay guy. That’s usually a good to indicate. But yea robust shoulder girdle/straight collarbones, trap/shoulders (like legit I know people who never touch weights with prominent traps), small hips, wide ribcage.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers, BigBoy, middayshowers and 1 other person
muscle genetics or aesthetic muscle genetics?

u cant really know. for example i had 0 muscles and strength but i respond extremely well to training stimulus. so its kinda random, as with everything regarding genetics

• +1
Reactions: Norwooder, RAITEIII and Deleted member 2846
Depends on what you mean.
If you mean aeshetically, then that depends on your muscle insertion points. Other sites would probably have good guides to these, I'm sure you can look up examples of good/bad insertions and find them on yourself easily. Long bicep insertion, long calf insertion, not having zipper abs, are some examples of good genetic aesthetic muscle shape/size.
If you mean good genetic response to training, the only real way to know is to give training 100% for a while and observe how you respond. As long as you're doing everything right (good sleep, eating enough, training hard and often enough while not overtraining) you'll know.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
Depends on what you mean.
If you mean aeshetically, then that depends on your muscle insertion points. Other sites would probably have good guides to these, I'm sure you can look up examples of good/bad insertions and find them on yourself easily. Long bicep insertion, long calf insertion, not having zipper abs, are some examples of good genetic aesthetic muscle shape/size.
If you mean good genetic response to training, the only real way to know is to give training 100% for a while and observe how you respond. As long as you're doing everything right (good sleep, eating enough, training hard and often enough while not overtraining) you'll know.
overtraining is honestly a meme. you literally need to over train. given u dont skip sleep and eating, u'll be fine

if you play "safe" and "nice" while being natty u'll lose

gotta go balls deep and train like crazy, take stims for ur workouts and take everything to failure and spotter helping u 1-2 more reps. only way to grow withour roids srs

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9568, OOGABOOGA, Deleted member 1680 and 2 others
overtraining is honestly a meme. you literally need to over train. given u dont skip sleep and eating, u'll be fine

gotta go balls deep and train like crazy, take stims for ur workouts and take everything to failure and spotter helping u 1-2 more reps. only way to grow withour roids srs
I see what you're saying and I agree with you in the sense that most people probably undertrain, but overtraining is still possible. Last two paragraphs are dead on though imo

I see what you're saying and I agree with you in the sense that most people probably undertrain, but overtraining is still possible. Last two paragraphs are dead on though imo
yes "overtraining" in reality is possible, but its way harder to "reach there" than ppl think. they just use it as excuse to not go as much, to not train as hard and blame it on being natty

"hurr durr i slept fine, did meal preps, did perfect program, DIDNT OVERTRAIN bla bla". nothing matters but going balls deep in the gym for progressive overload. brute forcing it and ur gna grow. diet, sleep, "overtraining" are all over-rated when it comes to natty training in my experience. it all comes down to whether ur willing to endure the pain and go to extra length with your sets and weights

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, LordNorwood and Deleted member 2846
Chest shape also.

yes "overtraining" in reality is possible, but its way harder to "reach there" than ppl think. they just use it as excuse to not go as much, to not train as hard and blame it on being natty

"hurr durr i slept fine, did meal preps, did perfect program, DIDNT OVERTRAIN bla bla". nothing matters but going balls deep in the gym for progressive overload. brute forcing it and ur gna grow. diet, sleep, "overtraining" are all over-rated when it comes to natty training in my experience. it all comes down to whether ur willing to endure the pain and go to extra length with your sets and weights
i feel like meal prep is a shit gene cope tbh btw ngl jfl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Mateusz74, Deleted member 2486 and LordNorwood

Yeah, I pretty much agree.
i feel like meal prep is a shit gene cope tbh btw ngl jfl
it is, if you just get your macros in you'll be fine lol the whole meal prep culture is fucking retarded

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA and Deleted member 2486
for athletics your calves and forearms also grip strength is a good indicator, especially during childhood age.

for girls (if yall have sisters want to get into athletics and shit) calves but most important is having more body hair

Viffuvian physique has a good four part series on YouTube about this

After a while in the gym people irl tell u u have a sick phusique.

Used to think all the football nibbas benching past failure were retarded but hey, they’re making gains while I was plateauing for trying to be fancy with my programming

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3902 and Deleted member 2486
if u have good bones

have you ever considered steroids at all?

have you ever considered steroids at all?
i researched them and theres no purpose to take them for me cuz i look big either way IRL, just need to focus on being lean

i researched them and theres no purpose to take them for me cuz i look big either way IRL, just need to focus on being lean
once you do one cycle your muscle nuclei quadruple don't they? or at least become extremely sensitive.

you could get away with doing one blast of 500mg of test and a good pct and get extremely lean, and that's without fat burners like clen.

anyway, I admire you for staying natty, takes willpower.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2486

I hate when people follow workouts to a T. They look at a workout and it says 12 reps. So they do 12 reps when they can do much more or lift heavier to barely reach 12 reps.

EVERY SINGLE SET should be till failure otherwise there's almost no point besides maybe maintaining.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2486

It’s not a meme tbh. I’ve seen a lot of people overtrain maxing out on their 105% 1rep max multiple times on deadlifts. I noticed this with my bench too that if I don’t train to failure and leave some reps in the tank I make much better recovery. Most people won’t overtrain though but some people still do it from what I’ve witnessed.

if you surprise people with your strength a lot you probably have good muscle genetics

eg. when younger we had a little contest with our friends, who could curl 120 lbs a friend had set up for other lifts. i was the only one who could do it. i also have the longest, "lowest" biceps. (i also have crap grip strength and naturally crap forearms) and i get like no lifetime compliments on my forearms but have seen girls do double-takes and stare at my biceps and butt all the time. i hope one day to have insane forearms but it's a long way away still.

you can also use the exrx chart: https://exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards

if you over or underperform on any lifts based on how much you have lifted that should give you an idea of where your insertions and shapes etc are good or bad

really though what you should do is lose bf%, lift to gain muscle, and then look and see for yourself

It's all about chest and shoulders; a perfect inner chest + wide clavicles = good genetics.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
my bicep belly is long no gap at all... i dont find it top tier... ofc shot bellies sucks badly but ideal is a long with a very little gap
It's all about chest and shoulders; a perfect inner chest + wide clavicles = good genetics.

My clavicles are good, my chest sucks... trying to improve

a thick six pack tbh, looks amazing, also shoulder genetics.

bench 225 for reps within a year

easy ability to grow arms/look big in a shirt

shoulders to waist ratio

i have none of these. i can only do lower body stuff with any appreciable weight. totally suck at upper body lifts fml. and i have a girl's clavicle width.