What aspect ratio of a phone camera looks more accurate in selfies of how you perceive yourself?

R

ronald_2

Iron
These are the common aspect ratios available on current phones:
3:4 (default phone camera)
9:16
1:1
FULL (default whatsapp camera)

Each of them, according to my experience, portrait a different image of yourself.

In my case, I have made a comparison between 3:4 and FULL, which are the ones that offer the largest difference in zoom: 3:4 captures a large portion of the image in selfies (at arms length you can see most of your stretched arm and your shoulders are visible), while FULL only captures your face and only a portion of your shoulders.

For me, there's a world of difference between how I look in 3:4 vs FULL selfies. In one I look really bad, deformed, the facial proportions are just terrible. While in the other I look less bad, more acceptable, more like I see myself in mirrors.

So what do you guys think. Does it make a difference in how you look in pictures depending on the aspect ratio used, or you look equally handsome/ugly independent of what aspect ratio you use?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: BrutalMogger
These are the common aspect ratios available on current phones:
3:4 (default phone camera)
9:16
1:1
FULL (default whatsapp camera)

Each of them, according to my experience, portrait a different image of yourself.

In my case, I have made a comparison between 3:4 and FULL, which are the ones that offer the largest difference in zoom: 3:4 captures a large portion of the image in selfies (at arms length you can see most of your stretched arm and your shoulders are visible), while FULL only captures your face and only a portion of your shoulders.

For me, there's a world of difference between how I look in 3:4 vs FULL selfies. In one I look really bad, deformed, the facial proportions are just terrible. While in the other I look less bad, more acceptable, more like I see myself in mirrors.

So what do you guys think. Does it make a difference in how you look in pictures depending on the aspect ratio used, or you looo equally handsome/ugly independent of what aspect ratio you use?
just take mirror pic a normal front from the camera is ass

• +1
Reactions: itsover36282 and BrutalMogger
It's about focal range (distance camera - subject)

• +1
Reactions: BrutalMogger
This nigga thinks the camera is the problem

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: itsover36282, ronald_2, NZb6Air and 1 other person
It's about focal range (distance camera - subject)
Not in this case. When I take selfies at the exact same distance from the camera (arms length), the photos look very different depending whether the aspect ratio used is 3:4 vs FULL.