what body fat percentage difference is the most drastic for facial gains?

which gives most facial improvements

• Total voters
appealmaxed

appealmaxed

leanmax till just being lean is your new fat
which drop in bf will give the most facial gains

• +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates
From 15% to 10-12% is more drastic than let’s say from 25% to 15%.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Gandy, NorwoodAscender, Korea and 3 others
would u say most drastic change is from 10-12 to 8
Under 10% you’re gonna get that “gaunt” look most of the time, not really healthy and sustainable for most people.

• +1
Reactions: dna_cel, Gandy, Yahya and 2 others
From 15% to 10-12% is more drastic than let’s say from 25% to 15%.
i don't agree I'm at 20%bf i still have facial fat but still it could be different for different people

Did you understand what I was trying to say?
i don’t think he did
probably i would say it goes different for different people
he meant if someone drops from 25 down to 15% then cuts again from 15% to 10%, the second cut (from 15-10%) will have a more drastic impact on how your face looks than dropping from 25-15

• +1
Reactions: EtherealAdonis, Deleted member 25743 and moreroidsmoredates
it depends, not everyone carries the same amount of fat at the same body fat

any percent past 14 is an insane difference

• +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates
Except for a very few lucky people who store minimal facial fat genetically, you are invisible to women at any % past ~18% when going by pure physical attractiveness in real life (or facial photos on dating apps).

Going from 30% to 18% isn't going to change a thing, but going from 18% to 13% is going to make all the difference in the world.

And I'd argue the latter cut is harder as well despite being only 5%, because it progressively becomes harder and harder to resist the temptation to binge and eat more as your leptin (hunger hormone) level increases at low body fat.

The difference losing that last few % of pudginess has a huge effect on the overall attractiveness of your face if you have even halfway decent bones.
Fat2

(and yes, it applies to women as well. They look like different people once they go from ~40% body fat to ~20%, sometimes their parents don't recognize them if they haven't seen in a while.)

Bodyfat 1

Also applies to ethnicities who claim they are pudgy or fat faced by nature like Southeast Asians or "we have no cheekbones and jawline genetically". Nope, just a matter of body fat. Drop from around 20% to 10-12% and see a gigantic difference in facial aesthetics

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055, dna_cel, appealmaxed and 1 other person