What causes a old man looking smile?

PYT

PYT

it’s easy to despise what you cannot have
Like this
9BFC19A0 466E 4FBB BE09 A67CF517F478
ED7347FB 5242 4CCF BDDA 50C33FC097ED

Shit really worries me cause I think I occasionally clench my teeth which I heard eventually leads to a smile like this

If that's you then you have much bigger things to worry about than your smile

• JFL
Reactions: Stopping@Nothing19, Deleted member 14693 and PYT
its over for billcosbycels

• +1
Reactions: PYT
SFS (Short Face Syndrome)
B978145572698100023X_f023-001ab-9781455726981.jpg

Bimax with maxillary downgraft and CW rotation usually is the way to get rid of it.

• +1
SFS (Short Face Syndrome)
B978145572698100023X_f023-001ab-9781455726981.jpg

Bimax with maxillary downgraft and CW rotation usually is the way to get rid of it.
I thought so but I find it funny cause his face clearly isn’t short that shit is elongated as fuck

I thought so but I find it funny cause his face clearly isn’t short that shit is elongated as fuck

Could be extreme lens distortion too, who knows. Another way to help with it would be a lip lift:
1018_MA_CF6_Fig7.png

Add veneers to it because his teeth seem to be somewhat short and grinded, and that could also give him a proper smile if he is not a SFS case.

• +1
Could be extreme lens distortion too, who knows. Another way to help with it would be a lip lift:
1018_MA_CF6_Fig7.png

Add veneers to it because his teeth seem to be somewhat short and grinded, and that could also give him a proper smile if he is not a SFS case.
I’m guessing the teeth grinding is caused by the malocclusion making him grind in his sleep no?

Orthodontics wouldn’t be able to save him right just strictly jaw surgery?

I’m guessing the teeth grinding is caused by the malocclusion making him grind in his sleep no?

Orthodontics wouldn’t be able to save him right just strictly jaw surgery?

Not necessarily. I've grinded my teeth a lot because of stress and bad habits like nail biting. When I was stressed, I grinded my teeth hard and it started to happen at night while I was sleeping (and I don't have malocclusion or SFS). What I did was learn self discipline and avoid grinding my teeth at day, and wore a bruxism occlusal splint for 2 months. Good habits + 2 months of occlusal splint cured my teeth grinding. Now, obviously I have to get veneers and etc to cover the damage done before, but at least I don't grind teeth anymore.

It's true that malocclusion makes more likely to develop bruxism, but it can also happen with a good occlusion.

• +1
Not necessarily. I've grinded my teeth a lot because of stress and bad habits like nail biting. When I was stressed, I grinded my teeth hard and it started to happen at night while I was sleeping (and I don't have malocclusion or SFS). What I did was learn self discipline and avoid grinding my teeth at day, and wore a bruxism occlusal splint for 2 months. Good habits + 2 months of occlusal splint cured my teeth grinding. Now, obviously I have to get veneers and etc to cover the damage done before, but at least I don't grind teeth anymore.

It's true that malocclusion makes more likely to develop bruxism, but it can also happen with a good occlusion.
You seem smart thoughts on the removal of wisdom teeth for a 16 year old?

From what I’ve read wisdom teeth extraction doesn’t affect the face like I’ve been told it does

Thread 'Should I get my wisdom teeth removed for braces?'
https://looksmax.org/threads/should-i-get-my-wisdom-teeth-removed-for-braces.526351/

You seem smart thoughts on the removal of wisdom teeth for a 16 year old?

From what I’ve read wisdom teeth extraction doesn’t affect the face like I’ve been told it does

Thread 'Should I get my wisdom teeth removed for braces?'
https://looksmax.org/threads/should-i-get-my-wisdom-teeth-removed-for-braces.526351/

To be honest, I don't know. I've had all wisdom tooth extracted and didn't notice a change in my face. I think the best you can do is to consult a maxfac, so you can get a second opinion from a surgeon and comment your dentist's plan to him.

• +1