What Causes A 'Tall Chin' + Is There Any Way To Achieve One?

Selinity

Selinity

Zephir
What causes chin height?
Is it influenced by the size of the chin it's self, or is it caused by gonial angle and mandibular length?

Is it possible to increase chin height? And if so, how could one do so?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Philtrumcel and Gestapo
chin pulling

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Shrekguy3838, Jhon Smith and 5 others
genioplasty or bonesmash it

• +1
Reactions: Selinity
genetics+tetosterone+good oral posture

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Selinity and zeke714
minimal chin height to slay in 2021

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: gigacopecel, Zeyn, RAMU KAKA and 9 others
its dimorphic so i guess t?

• +1
Take the vaccine and then you will get it

• +1
Reactions: RecessedPrettyboy and Selinity
imdo made her chin taller

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Fear, Be_ConfidentBro and 3 others
genioplasty or bonesmash it
Where would I bonemash it? From the front, the bottom? How long would I have to do it for daily?
And is it just coping?

• +1
Reactions: Gestapo and Deleted member 9670
What causes chin height?
Is it influenced by the size of the chin it's self, or is it caused by gonial angle and mandibular length?

the lower teeth erupt/extrude and as it does mandible height increases
this is the main mechanism of mandible height growth, as the teeth extrude bone is deposited below so the teeth dont go out of the socket and the mandible gets taller

some factors that influence how much the teeth will extrude naturally are the amount of time your lower and upper arch teeth are in contact and testosterone, etc

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Mateusz74, Be_ConfidentBro and 3 others
this is the main mechanism of mandible height growth, as the teeth extrude bone is deposited below so the teeth dont go out of the socket and the mandible gets taller

some factors that influence how much the teeth will extrude naturally are the amount of time your lower and upper arch teeth are in contact and testosterone, etc
bruxism really fucked my chin length
i will have to do fillings on my molars

bruxism really fucked my chin length
i will have to do fillings on my molars
Yea bruxism and clenching does make the chin way shorter in most cases. Mostly because the biting force prevents the teeth from naturally extruding the amount they would otherwise.

You can get an appliance to extrude all the lower teeth to fix it.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero, Selinity and AlwaysHaveQuestions
Osseous genioplasty
Image622

Image624

This guy got 6mm advancement and 6mm vertical elongation

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Chadelite, Be_ConfidentBro and 2 others
Yea bruxism and clenching does make the chin way shorter in most cases. Mostly because the biting force prevents the teeth from naturally extruding the amount they would otherwise.

You can get an appliance to extrude all the lower teeth to fix it.
what's it called?

what's it called?
There are many ways to do it.
Ideally go to a good dentist and ask him to extrude all ur lower teeth he should give you ur options
One way to do it is with an invisalign, elastics and a button attached to the second molars as anchors.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Selinity and AlwaysHaveQuestions
I wanted implant but the doctor said implant is better for adding projection than chin height.

• +1

So should I keep my teeth in contact or seperate?

The mewing journal says they should be slightly touching tho...
is there anything else I should be doing or not doing to improve mmandibular height?
Will chewing effect it?

The mewing journal says they should be slightly touching tho...
is there anything else I should be doing or not doing to improve mmandibular height?
Will chewing effect it?
john mew says in a recent video teeth should be in contact for 6 hours of sth like that per day. If they are in contact more they wont extrude as much maybe.
Chewing prob affects it too since its a compressive force
If ur trying to get a taller mandible its best that your teeth are in contact for as little time as possible
Increasing test will also help teeth extrude.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Selinity
john mew says in a recent video teeth should be in contact for 6 hours of sth like that per day. If they are in contact more they wont extrude as much maybe.
Chewing prob affects it too since its a compressive force
If ur trying to get a taller mandible its best that your teeth are in contact for as little time as possible
Increasing test will also help teeth extrude.
Thankyou, @RecessedPrettyboy

• +1
Reactions: RecessedPrettyboy
Why? I thought it was the opposite? Also I thought keeping teeth together pushes the jaws forward and supports the midface?

Why? I thought it was the opposite? Also I thought keeping teeth together pushes the jaws forward and supports the midface?
because the teeth naturally extrude with age and by keeping them in contact you are creating resistance for it to extrude. especially if you are clenching or have bruxism

because the teeth naturally extrude with age and by keeping them in contact you are creating resistance for it to extrude. especially if you are clenching or have bruxism
What about lightly, butterfly touching

Explain. Also I saw in one of ur posts that u said chewing was a meme. I've chewed for awhile and only noticed big ass masseters, nothing else
i used to think it was
chewing works if you chew correctly using only (mostly) your lower masseters

How can I mostly use my lower masseters when I chew?
you chew with a forward motion with the jaw. as if you are slighly jutting. in the beggining it helps to slightly jut but once you get it you dont need to jut anymore

you chew with a forward motion with the jaw. as if you are slighly jutting. in the beggining it helps to slightly jut but once you get it you dont need to jut anymore
So I need to jut or...? How do I chew with a forward motion?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero