What causes skin colour to change under different lighting?

NoLongerHuman

NoLongerHuman

Mine has been a life of much shame
Like what's the term for this, is it undertones? Or is it the surface of the skin itself that determines colour? I ask this because my skintone itself can change drastically under different lighting

I'd like to expand my knowledge on this area, so I wonder if there's a thread discussing information regarding skin colour

• +1
Reactions: bpcq
Same, I look between upper caste Brahmin Dravidian and persian depending on lighting, it also depends slightly on the colour you wear and the colour around you.

I think if you have less yellow hue the better it gets

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zyzzbrah1234, distance decay, sportsmogger and 1 other person
You answered your own question.

• +1
Reactions: Detective, distance decay and NoLongerHuman
Your just cursed with being a mediumbrowncel.
The only way to change it is to lighten your skin or darken it.
Otherwise there is no way to change undertones except for lycopene
IMG 7575

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zyzzbrah1234 and NoLongerHuman
View attachment 3210619

Informative reply, thank you bhai

Sorry for asking this tbh but what's the image trying to imply? The medium brown skintone you mentioned under different lighting?

So I take this as changing the undertones? Not the surface of the skin?

Sorry for asking this tbh but what's the image trying to imply? The medium brown skintone you mentioned under different lighting?
If your brown the ideal is cool undertones, the warm tan looks the worst

So I take this as changing the undertones? Not the surface of the skin?
Im saying that dark skin tones and light skin tones dont have as much variance in different lighting and hue as medium browns, since they have a distinct colour eg white and black. So yes you can get around this problem by lightening or darkening the actual surface colour of ur skin.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Napoleon1800 and NoLongerHuman

Im saying that dark skin tones and light skin tones dont have as much variance in different lighting and hue as medium browns, since they have a distinct colour eg white and black. So yes you can get around this problem by lightening or darkening the actual surface colour of ur skin.
How to lighten skin? I tanned my skin it looks terrible now

• JFL
Reactions: NoLongerHuman
I see, so I take that consuming lycopene would be the only way to change undertones? Would it even change it in a beneficial way?
So yes you can get around this problem by lightening or darkening the actual surface colour of ur skin.
Chemical peels would be the solution then I assume

How to lighten skin? I tanned my skin it looks terrible now
tret or taz with Vit C, NAC, liposomal glutathione, glycine and astaxanthin.

Use the highest doses of hydroquinone you can get for 3 months then cycle off and do tranexamic acid for 3 months.

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800 and NoLongerHuman
I see, so I take that consuming lycopene would be the only way to change undertones? Would it even change it in a beneficial way?

Chemical peels would be the solution then I assume
Yeah i did 50mg lycopene for 5 months it works for sure but doesnt get rid of it fully.

Idk much about chemical peels its mostly for hyperpigmentation just remember you cant go past your natural skin colour, you can only get rid of ur permanent tan.

• +1
Yeah i did 50mg lycopene for 5 months it works for sure but doesnt get rid of it fully.
Nice to hear that! What's your current stack? Besides lycopene
just remember you cant go past your natural skin colour, you can only get rid of ur permanent tan.
That's my goal rn, I was pretty light skinned as a kid but my dumbass went ahead and played football consistently under the hot sun without sunscreen.

Use the highest doses of hydroquinone
Would hydroquinone be safe though? Seeing how it's just tanned skin, I also remember reading side effects and how you need to continue using it to keep its effects

Thanks again for the high iq replies btw appreciate it

View attachment 3210619
Skin lightening is cope, I'm already on heavy stack, no results, I will try iv glutathione as a last hope soon

I have the neutral tan btw

• +1
the color of the light obviously normal lightbulbs are orange led are white etc

• JFL