What do you think about Libertarian Paternalism?

Kingcel32

Kingcel32

Solstice
Libertarian Paternalism is basically when a position of authority (specifically a government or corporation) subtly influence the choices so the more socially optimal one is more desirable, while respecting the person's freedom to choose for themselves. A good example of this is the Nudge Theory in behavioral economics, and it seems to have great effect when governments implement it. Of course this I believe can easily be taken advantage of for nefarious reasons, and can definitely become a slippery slope dilemma.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17872 and Deleted member 13787
Sounds utterly bullshit

Caring about politics without gigastatus and gigawealth is a completely waste of time and mental energy

• +1
Reactions: ropemax, Johnnybegood, Yliaster and 1 other person
Sounds utterly bullshit
It works very well. Little shit like putting cigarettes' and unhealthy foods in the back of the store, signs reminding people to do something important, giving people smaller plates. It doesn't have to be that shit, giving people positive reinforcement and encouragement for doing something good also work.

Libertarian Paternalism, specifically works by subtly influencing these decisions and choices in a way to slightly incentivize the person to do the correct thing. You are probably influenced more by these little Nudges than you think you are, which is normal, as these things take advantage of our subconscious decision making which is nearly unnoticeable.

I'm a libertarian and have never heard of this. I just wanna be left alone tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32
Caring about politics without gigastatus and gigawealth is a completely waste of time and mental energy
I agree to an extent, current day politics and divisions are retarded

No, big government is evil. I want to live in mad max land and eat contaminated meat from the grocery cartel

• +1

Biggest incel trait by far and nothing else comes close.Vaush,Destiny,Tim Pool,Vegan Gains,etc etc etc I can go on,these people pop up on my youtube recommendations quite often and every time I click their channels/social media they're all always single male gamer types 404 females in their vicicnity.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChickenAndRiceBrah, Kingcel32 and oatmeal
No, big government is evil. I want to live in mad max land and eat contaminated meat from the grocery cartel
Yes governments are evil, but they are necessary. Without governments and emplaced authorities on people, our natural instincts and desires take over our minds. So now instead of being ruled by something that can be controlled and regulated somewhat, we will be ruled by Darwinism, which is the worst form of Tyranny there will ever be. The strong take, the weak suffer, societies will stagnate, life quality will plummet for everyone. It is better that we emplace tyranny that can be regulated through laws and regulations, instead of letting lose the inner desires that are always in the back of our minds.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1209
sounds good

• +1
Libertarian Paternalism is basically when a position of authority (specifically a government or corporation) subtly influence the choices so the more socially optimal one is more desirable, while respecting the person's freedom to choose for themselves. A good example of this is the Nudge Theory in behavioral economics, and it seems to have great effect when governments implement it. Of course this I believe can easily be taken advantage of for nefarious reasons, and can definitely become a slippery slope dilemma.
goverments will use it to turn us into trannies so no , i dont need goverment to tell me shit

• +1
goverments will use it to turn us into trannies so no , i dont need goverment to tell me shit
They fucking wont. Trannies have high sucide rate dont breed

• +1
I don't
I don't think about it

• +1
Governments have been using this shit for a while now, and it’s been working pretty well. Of course there needs to be restrictions