What do you think about my jaw surgery diagnosis?

K

KpopmaxxingGuy

Coping with genetic inferiority
Craniofacial Analysis/Treatment Plan Presentation

Diagnosis and Problem list – CC- Chewing is uncomfortable, teeth jutting out, aesthetics.

Skeletal – AP: Class III mandibular AP hyperplasia, Vertical – high mandibular plane angle, Transverse-wnl’s, mandibular asymmetry to left, apertognathia.

Dental – Angle’s Class III malocclusion, 4 mm anterior openbite, moderate mandibular crowding, mild maxillary crowding, maxillary incisor angulations –proclined, mandibular incisor angulation -upright, overjet (2 mm), maxillary midline – wnl’s, mandibular midline –2 mms to the left, reverse Curve of Spee lower arch, impacted and malposed #1,16,17,32.

Soft Tissue – TMJ evaluation –disc displacement with reduction noted, No history of pain or limitations, CO=MI, ROM –wnl’s, straight facial profile, nasolabial angle-wnl’s, 4 mm incisal show at rest, 8 mm’s lip strain, long lower anterior facial height, history of digit habit and tongue habit.

Treatment Objectives –Alleviate crowding, correct open bite, class III occlusion and asymmetry.

Treatment Option: #1 – OS eval for Orthognathic surgery (Lefort diff impaction / BSSO for yaw correction / possible genioplasty) and extractions of upper 1st bicuspids (#5,12), lower 2nd bicuspids (#20,29) as well as third molars (#1,16,17,32), band and bond arches, level lower arch, re-eval growth with serial ceph, pre-surgical coordination for Lefort with differential impaction / BSSO for yaw correction, post-surgical finishing, debond and retain. Option #2 - OS eval for Orthognathic surgery (Lefort diff impaction / BSSO for yaw correction / possible genioplasty) and extraction of third molars (#1,16,17,32), band and bond arches, attempt non-extraction treatment, level lower arch, growth re-eval, pre-surgical coordination for Lefort with differential impaction (possible segmental if upper arch not leveled) / BSSO for yaw correction, post-surgical finishing, debond and retain. Option #3: No treatment

I chose option #2 without the extractions, thankfully my ortho is sufficiently blackpilled enough to tell me that. Any thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
that's a lot of words

• JFL
Reactions: SubhumanForever