What do you think about this maxillary impaction result?

D

Deleted member 5385

Truth seeker
11325 2020 2279 Fig1 HTML

• +1
Reactions: Agendum, N1c, Incoming and 1 other person
Looks amazing

More details?

Looks amazing

More details?
Here is a study
Its quite new by the way

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
Here is a study
Its quite new by the way
In English please. What is it and what does it do? What changes? Just the maxillary projection?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
I forgot to ask the person with the greatest knowledge here...
@RealSurgerymax
Personally I think this result is the best I have ever seen
- nose is smaller, midface is shorter,cause nasal base sit higher, gonial angle and ramus remodeled, face is overly shorter and move Has more forward projection in lower and middle third.

When u impact u get soft tissue lost as alfaro hernandez said

I don't see before and after face but he can get better results if he adds posterior downgraft instead of avancing maxilla that much

Philtrum look little odd, if he did posterior downgraft it will have close his nasoabial angle more by 5 to 10 degree and could advance mandibule more

Surgeon who do CCW only with impaction are pussy

Also with posterior downgraft, jaw become more square front front cuz mandibular angle gets down, so u can did slightly narrowness of the lower face

Look at his hyoid to mentum distance, it's good results but not aesthetic based (the case u showed)

Posterior is graft far superior for jawline as above gain

Attachments

• AF9B45A3-EE32-4021-A827-6F5B1464DEB1.jpeg
    AF9B45A3-EE32-4021-A827-6F5B1464DEB1.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 04E7CA69-9E0B-481E-A119-AFE94DE5413C.jpeg
    04E7CA69-9E0B-481E-A119-AFE94DE5413C.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 39
Also with what u show, there is bad effect on nostril and philtrum fullness as gunson said in a study, to counter that u need CCW and if u can do epaction is good

Also with what u show, there is bad effect on nostril and philtrum fullness as gunson said in a study, to counter that u need CCW and if u can do epaction is good
But overall if you impact maxilla,rotate it counterclockwise and bring forward you can expect dramatic results.
I wonder if higher Leforts can be also rotate counter clockwise?
I found one study and pictures which shows ccw,cw and linear L3.
Gr1 6

Basically when you look at L2 cut is the best to rotate it counterclockwise. Not to say that L1 is often combined with higher ones.
Honesty if you meet very talented and extremely experienced surgeon any LeFort Has very low complication rate

But overall if you impact maxilla,rotate it counterclockwise and bring forward you can expect dramatic results.
I wonder if higher Leforts can be also rotate counter clockwise?
I found one study and pictures which shows ccw,cw and linear L3.
View attachment 1236883

Basically when you look at L2 cut is the best to rotate it counterclockwise. Not to say that L1 is often combined with higher ones.
Honesty if you meet very talented and extremely experienced surgeon any LeFort Has very low complication rate
i don't think u can't counter clockwise a lefort 3, those picture ur show are total rotation of face only done on software not on patient

Also it's not just about risk, surgeon do what they are trained and used to

And if you saw the lf3 is like cutting the whole head, surgeon have to be prepared mentality for that