What do you use for shampoo?

tyronelite

tyronelite

Banned Till Lean - No DMs
Just wanna know what body wash you guys shower with that won’t affect testosterone levels significantly.

Last edited:
I don't use shampoo, just water and my hair isn't fat at all

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: BigBoy and Gonthar
Nizoral

• +1
Reactions: didntreadlol and Deleted member 4209
Just make sure the shampoo you get is sulfate-free and paraben-free as these are known endocrine disruptors that mimic estrogen. I would look for a "hydrating shampoo". These usually contain essential oils, and I highly recommend you find one with argan oil.

• +1
Reactions: tyronelite
Just make sure the shampoo you get is sulfate-free and paraben-free as these are known endocrine disruptors that mimic estrogen. I would look for a "hydrating shampoo". These usually contain essential oils, and I highly recommend you find one with argan oil.
Do you have a source for sulphates being endocrine distruptors?
Parabens used in cosmetics aren't endocrine distruptors, that idea has been thoroughly debunked.
Argan oil can be great for some people, but is too heavy for a lot of others- especially those with fine or straight hair.

just water also
Wait so how do u scrub out the dirt, sweat, etc ? I tried using just water and all it did was stick on my skin

dandrazol (chit version of nizoral lol)

Do you have a source for sulphates being endocrine distruptors?
Parabens used in cosmetics aren't endocrine distruptors, that idea has been thoroughly debunked.
Argan oil can be great for some people, but is too heavy for a lot of others- especially those with fine or straight hair.
😑... I know you legit went to school for this stuff though.

Was referring to parabens, not sulfates. Threw them together because it's best not to have either.

Parabens-Estrogen

I only recommended it because I find the hair looks better and easier to manage if I allow the natural oils to come through, but most people aren't of the philosophy of only shampooing 2-3 times a week so I compromised.

• Woah
Reactions: BigBoy
Lol I don't smell bad at all
when you try to talk to a bitch

no lol they stand next to me without a problem, I do use deodorant and sometimes cologne
Cologne decreases testosterone. Use body oil instead

😑... I know you legit went to school for this stuff though.

Was referring to parabens, not sulfates. Threw them together because it's best not to have either.

Parabens-Estrogen

I only recommended it because I find the hair looks better and easier to manage if I allow the natural oils to come through, but most people aren't of the philosophy of only shampooing 2-3 times a week so I compromised.
I didn't just go to school for it, I do this shit day in and day out.

I wouldn't say it's best not to have sulphates- I don't love them personally, but thats more because I think there's better surfactants out there. If they work for you then go ahead and use them.

Okay, lets do this one by one:
- That FDA link literally says they're safe in cosmetics and are significantly less potent than the oestrogen already in your body. Not sure what that was supposed to prove.
- For some reason I can't get to the full study on this link and can only see the abstract? From what I can see though, that study was authored by the same author as the now retracted 2004 study that started this whole shitshow, and (at least in the abstract) this study mentions nothing about the use of parabens in cosmetics.
- I suggest you reread this one. "The most frequently used parabens in cosmetic products are short parabens; therefore, inhibition of 17β-HSD1 by parabens used in cosmetic products is of minor relevance regarding health issues." I'll get back to this in a bit.
- Yes, butylparaben is well known to be the most potentially oestrogenic of the parabens used in cosmetics. It also happens to be around 10,000 times less potent than oestradiol, which it would have to out compete at the oestrogen receptor in order to have any sort of effect.
- This study was a) done on rats and b) the paraben was administered orally which is of almost no relevance when it comes to cosmetics (at least I hope you're not drinking your shampoo)

Parabens are some of the most rigorously tested and most effective preservatives that we have as an industry. Don't let shitty science and even shittier reporting scare you.
If you truly want to know more about the subject and don't just want to defend your position against all reason, I'd recommend this as a decent place to start your reading:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464 and Cope
I didn't just go to school for it, I do this shit day in and day out.

I wouldn't say it's best not to have sulphates- I don't love them personally, but thats more because I think there's better surfactants out there. If they work for you then go ahead and use them.

Okay, lets do this one by one:
- That FDA link literally says they're safe in cosmetics and are significantly less potent than the oestrogen already in your body. Not sure what that was supposed to prove.
- For some reason I can't get to the full study on this link and can only see the abstract? From what I can see though, that study was authored by the same author as the now retracted 2004 study that started this whole shitshow, and (at least in the abstract) this study mentions nothing about the use of parabens in cosmetics.
- I suggest you reread this one. "The most frequently used parabens in cosmetic products are short parabens; therefore, inhibition of 17β-HSD1 by parabens used in cosmetic products is of minor relevance regarding health issues." I'll get back to this in a bit.
- Yes, butylparaben is well known to be the most potentially oestrogenic of the parabens used in cosmetics. It also happens to be around 10,000 times less potent than oestradiol, which it would have to out compete at the oestrogen receptor in order to have any sort of effect.
- This study was a) done on rats and b) the paraben was administered orally which is of almost no relevance when it comes to cosmetics (at least I hope you're not drinking your shampoo)

Parabens are some of the most rigorously tested and most effective preservatives that we have as an industry. Don't let shitty science and even shittier reporting scare you.
If you truly want to know more about the subject and don't just want to defend your position against all reason, I'd recommend this as a decent place to start your reading:
Really interesting, I’ll look into that.

Your perspective is unique, I don’t think anyone in the PSL community understands dermatology as much as you. The whole sulfate and paraben-free has always been pushed on sites like this, so I naively followed it.

Really interesting, I’ll look into that.

Your perspective is unique, I don’t think anyone in the PSL community understands dermatology as much as you. The whole sulfate and paraben-free has always been pushed on sites like this, so I naively followed it.
Yeah, unfortunately these kind of corners of the internet tend to be a breeding ground for shitty science. For me, the whole sulphate/paraben thing can be summed up by: sulphates can be problematic and we have other surfactants which can take their place and do just as well, whereas when it comes to parabens, they're almost never an allergen or irritant (especially when compared to alternative preservative systems) and have been tox tested to within an inch of their lives.

• +1
Reactions: Cope