What even makes democracy more moral than a dictatorship?

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
Meritocracy? Democracy isn't meritocratic and in fact is the inverse of meritocracy with the worthless simply ganging up on the superior. Because it's more equal? Why is equality even good in the first place? Did anything good come from treating women as equal to men? Equality = Social decay. Less oppression? Oppression and censorship still ends up happening anyway, since the majority will still bully the minority, not to mention that the darwinian nature of dictatorship means that if you aren't inferior chances are you won't be the one under the boot anyway, but rather you will be the one wearing it.

Simply put I struggle to think of any arguments in favor of democracy that ultimately don't just boil down to "because I'm one of the inferior ones so I need democracy to defend myself from the superior". This is even lampshaded by some of the typical "just lol if you think incels would be treated well under a dictatorship" arguments I have heard in other threads, where the people making the argument are literally admitting their reason for supporting democracy is that it protects them despite their inferior status as genetic failures.

The only reason normies accept democracy as good is because they are brainwashed and can't understand the difference between appeal to tradition (democracy good blah blah blah) and actual appeal to logic/reason (dictatorship is good because "insert actual reasons"), and also because they are inferior and know they can't compete in an actually meritocratic system.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2597
Cae9079c3738cbd6c007e9a563277350

Meritocracy? Democracy isn't meritocratic and in fact is the inverse of meritocracy with the worthless simply ganging up on the superior. Because it's more equal? Why is equality even good in the first place? Did anything good come from treating women as equal to men? Equality = Social decay. Less oppression? Oppression and censorship still ends up happening anyway, since the majority will still bully the minority, not to mention that the darwinian nature of dictatorship means that if you aren't inferior chances are you won't be the one under the boot anyway, but rather you will be the one wearing it.

Simply put I struggle to think of any arguments in favor of democracy that ultimately don't just boil down to "because I'm one of the inferior ones so I need democracy to defend myself from the superior". This is even lampshaded by some of the typical "just lol if you think incels would be treated well under a dictatorship" arguments I have heard in other threads, where the people making the argument are literally admitting their reason for supporting democracy is that it protects them despite their inferior status as genetic failures.

The only reason normies accept democracy as good is because they are brainwashed and can't understand the difference between appeal to tradition (democracy good blah blah blah) and actual appeal to logic/reason (dictatorship is good because "insert actual reasons"), and also because they are inferior and know they can't compete in an actually meritocratic system.

Both systems have their inherent flaws. Dictatorship depends on a benevolent leader/leaders who act only to benefit the people. Human beings are prone to greed and abuse of power, so the system eventually breaks down as the leader pursues his own interest at the cost of the people.

Democracy depends on an intelligent, independent and educated population with proper decision making skills. This prevents exploitation from politicians and they can make decisions to benefit most people. It obviously breaks down since most people are dimwit NPC's.

Nevertheless democracy is more effective when scaled down to a subset of people making decisions on their future, for example a village of sorts where the prior given conditions have been met. Dictatorship is almost never useful since it always eventually gets corrupted (Gaddafi).

Jfl if you think dictatorship is darwinian. It more often favours nepotism and tribalism over anything else. The most incompetent people end up in top positions as a rule of thumb.

democrazy is superior, because it gives the illusion of power to the people and they feel somehow involved in the process, so the leaders are more safe.
dictatorship is too fragile.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Gargantuan
democrazy is superior, because it gives the illusion of power to the people and they feel somehow involved in the process, so the leaders are more safe.
dictatorship is too fragile.
High IQ, its all about how the people perceive you. You can be a dictator irl but if you advertise yourself as democratic and the people perceive you this way as well, you're never gonna get toppled.