What explains all the mewing results on reddit?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
Seen a fair few good mewing results, some drastic ones even, on r/orthotropics and r/mewing, and this accounting for lighting, angles etc.

But people here seem to say that mewing is cope after 16. So what explains this?

>reddit

tenor.gif

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5746, Deleted member 8080, pizza and 1 other person
Funny you don't post said examples

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: lepo2317, Mongrelcel, RAITEIII and 1 other person
Seen a fair few good mewing results, some drastic ones even, on r/orthotropics and r/mewing, and this accounting for lighting, angles etc.

But people here seem to say that mewing is cope after 16. So what explains this?
Placebo effect, after doing something as redundant as putting tounge on the roof of your mouth for an entire year, and practicing posture for like a year straight.

the brain needs results or it's gonna go insane.

so with their new found knowledge they are now able to jut/clench jaw/ put the camera slightly higher than eye area to give downward tilt eyes.

which manifest as the results

Mewing results = learning to use a phone/ puberty.

• +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 5746, Deleted member 12165, lepo2317 and 7 others
Placebo effect, after doing something as redundant as putting tounge on the roof of your mouth for an entire year, and practicing posture for like a year straight.

so with their new found knowledge they are now able to jut/clench jaw/ put the camera slightly higher than eye area to give downward tilt eyes.

thats what I'm thinking tbh. probs gotten real good at using their phone and took their befores from a very bad angle

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5746 and Selinity

Mewing really does work, as someone who's tried it and gotten results I can for sure say it is not a cope if you are still in puberty.

• +1
Reactions: Ubuntucel, SOS-Sonic and Deleted member 12165
Mewing really does work, as someone who's tried it and gotten results I can for sure say it is not a cope if you are still in puberty.
just undermine puberty theory for mike jew

"HOLY SHIT GUYS MY DICK HAS HAIR NOW, MUST BE FROM MEWING PUBERTY IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT"

:soy::soy::soy:

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 5746, datboijj and Mongrelcel
yeah I can believe that.

just trying to figure out at what age it stops getting results. from what I've read its about 25 but the changes get less and less significant the closer you get to 25

yeah I can believe that.

just trying to figure out at what age it stops getting results. from what I've read its about 25 but the changes get less and less significant the closer you get to 25

Even before 25 years old it is already close to pointless for you to mew. Many people who show results that come from older peoples (past 18) often misinterpret it as "proof" that mewing works regardless of age, completely neglecting the fact that those people were late-bloomers and although technically 18 or 19 were developmentally wise far younger.

If you are past 18 then you should of course still breath from your nose, keep your mouth shut and maintain a proper posture for your own bodily health and function, but you should not expect anything aesthetic wise since it is most likely far to late.

So to answer your question, ideally you start from puberty for the most results, but you should be able to make progress with enough dedication and proper technique until you reach about 20.

The reason being is that mewing directs your bone growth, it doesn't actually create new bones, by the time you are 18 your HgH (the biggest factor in mewing results) has already dropped to 30% of what it was in previous years and it only gets worse and worse with time.

I hope that this helped you. I am quite knowledgable about mewing, so feel free to ask if you have any further questions :)

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: datboijj and lilhorizontal32
Even before 25 years old it is already close to pointless for you to mew. Many people who show results that come from older peoples (past 18) often misinterpret it as "proof" that mewing works regardless of age, completely neglecting the fact that those people were late-bloomers and although technically 18 or 19 were developmentally wise far younger.

If you are past 18 then you should of course still breath from your nose, keep your mouth shut and maintain a proper posture for your own bodily health and function, but you should not expect anything aesthetic wise since it is most likely far to late.

So to answer your question, ideally you start from puberty for the most results, but you should be able to make progress with enough dedication and proper technique until you reach about 20.

The reason being is that mewing directs your bone growth, it doesn't actually create new bones, by the time you are 18 your HgH (the biggest factor in mewing results) has already dropped to 30% of what it was in previous years and it only gets worse and worse with time.

I hope that this helped you. I am quite knowledgable about mewing, so feel free to ask if you have any further questions :)
makes sense man thanks a lot

what are your thoughts on adopting all of Mew's techniques, including chin tucks, swallowing properly, no elbows on the table, having perfect posture everywhere you go, fixing asymmetries in your body to get better alignment in your craniofacial complex etc.

because there is a lot to learn and it is a bit tedious, so if you think there won't be much of a gain, aesthetically or functionally, I won't bother

Angle, lighting, position, even getting thinner, different cameras.

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: IndraBC, Deleted member 2785, datboijj and 2 others
makes sense man thanks a lot

what are your thoughts on adopting all of Mew's techniques, including chin tucks, swallowing properly, no elbows on the table, having perfect posture everywhere you go, fixing asymmetries in your body to get better alignment in your craniofacial complex etc.

because there is a lot to learn and it is a bit tedious, so if you think there won't be much of a gain, aesthetically or functionally, I won't bother

What you should do
--> Proper chewing (until the food it mush)
-->Proper swallowing (swallow using your tongue with as much force as possible)
-->Perfect posture

These three will give you the most returns for your effort. besides that you should also be sleeping on your back without a pillow.

Rather than placing an active effort in doing things like chin-tucking, altering your habits will be far easier, and it won't infringe on your daily routine or schedule in the slightest. That will allow you to get better results in the long-run.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and Deleted member 10107
He literally just got thinner
As someone who believes in mewing I can for sure say he did not achieve any results.

All that's changed is his hyoid has risen and he has lost weight giving his jaw a more pronounced look, but if you look at his chin, jaw length and ramus you will find that he didn't simply make little progress, he made 0 progress.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5746, datboijj, lilhorizontal32 and 1 other person
What you should do
--> Proper chewing (until the food it mush)
-->Perfect posture

These three will give you the most returns for your effort. besides that you should also be sleeping on your back without a pillow.

Rather than placing an active effort in doing things like chin-tucking, altering your habits will be far easier, and it won't infringe on your daily routine or schedule in the slightest. That will allow you to get better results in the long-run.
got it man. been a bit lazy with proper chewing and posture but will defs focus more on that

-->Proper swallowing (swallow using your tongue with as much force as possible)

and yeah wdym by use as much force as possible, as in like when you do a tongue sweep make sure your tongue hits the roof of your mouth with as much force?