What happens when u remove infraorbital implants

N

NOT OVER

Iron
If someone wants to remove infraorbital implants because it's looking bad . Will it look bad ?

There may be some loose or sagging skin, depending on how big it is and how old you are.

Is this a situation you're in? I'd be interested to hear more about it, such as why you're not happy

Yes, will look worse, the severity depending on bone resorption and scar tissue formation

• +1
Reactions: haus33, rolloftape and SubhumanForever
You'd risk sagging skin I'd imagine. It would in all likelihood be better to *replace* it with a better one.

• +1
Reactions: NOT OVER and gravlek
There may be some loose or sagging skin, depending on how big it is and how old you are.

Is this a situation you're in? I'd be interested to hear more about it, such as why you're not happy
No but am thinking of getting these implants to lift my lower eyelid like 3mm .

Yes, will look worse, the severity depending on bone resorption and scar tissue formation
Damn that's bad I just want like 3mm of lift in my lower eyelid that's it . What u think about fat fillers doc says I can get 2mm of lift with it including that I will take some on my cheeks so atleast 3mm ? Is it possible

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
Damn that's bad I just want like 3mm of lift in my lower eyelid that's it . What u think about fat fillers doc says I can get 2mm of lift with it including that I will take some on my cheeks so atleast 3mm ? Is it possible
wtf are you saying? fillers are guaranteed to look like shit after a year XD, get well designed titanium or peek implants and i think fat grafts wouldn't be enough anyway (nor fillers)

wtf are you saying? fillers are guaranteed to look like shit after a year XD, get well designed titanium or peek implants and i think fat grafts wouldn't be enough anyway (nor fillers)
Yes fillers would definitely look bad once I age but implants have risk too u know anyone who is good at implants but is not too High budget I don't think so . U got any implants?

Risk of sagging depends on implant size, (de)installation method and technique, skin quality, and the shape of the implant and underlying bone.

This is because when you have an implant installed, facial holding ligaments are released and a layer of scar tissue, called a capsule, forms over the surface of the implant. The overlying skin does not firmly reattach to the capsule.

• +1
Reactions: latetothegame
Risk of sagging depends on implant size, (de)installation method and technique, skin quality, and the shape of the implant and underlying bone.

This is because when you have an implant installed, facial holding ligaments are released and a layer of scar tissue, called a capsule, forms over the surface of the implant. The overlying skin does not firmly reattach to the capsule.
what about techniques like perfusion holes, in which scar tissue grows and holds the implant and the tissue around it? saw it on rsms insta i think.

what about techniques like perfusion holes, in which scar tissue grows and holds the implant and the tissue around it? saw it on rsms insta i think.
I think that helps mask the problem but it is ultimately in most cases flaws in the design

When there is too great a discrepancy between the orbital vector and the midface angle, the tissues beneath the implant lose support and you get the "sagging" look

• +1
Reactions: callisto
I think that helps mask the problem but it is ultimately in most cases flaws in the design

When there is too great a discrepancy between the orbital vector and the midface angle, the tissues beneath the implant lose support and you get the "sagging" look
would u recommend infras given all the negatives

would u recommend infras given all the negatives
It depends on a million factors

But most importantly, since I've seen a lot of people deal with soft tissue issues due to this exact reason, is to make sure you do not get an infra implant that introduces too great a discrepancy between the orbital vector and midface angle, and this often happens if you get an infra implant with no lower midface component; if you do not want to have to augment the whole midface, then just get some subtle zygo augmentation and forget about the infras.

There's no point in worrying about undereye hollowing if your entire midface is bad. That's mistaking the forest for the trees. "Solving" that issue introduces much more bizarre ones

It depends on a million factors

But most importantly, since I've seen a lot of people deal with soft tissue issues due to this exact reason, is to make sure you do not get an infra implant that introduces too great a discrepancy between the orbital vector and midface angle, and this often happens if you get an infra implant with no lower midface component; if you do not want to have to augment the whole midface, then just get some subtle zygo augmentation.

There's no point in worrying about undereye hollowing if your entire midface is bad. That's mistaking the forest for the trees
is there a danger with them since they are close to eyes and some surgeons not recommending them

is there a danger with them since they are close to eyes and some surgeons not recommending them
Some surgeons dont like saddled infras because of risk of diplopia

Anecdotally I know like 20 people who had these implants and none had vision issues ASSUMING THEY WERE PLACED CORRECTLY. But I know some surgeons won't do a full saddle, such as Ramieri, for this reason. I don't know what the risk is statistically or if its just a theoretical risk. But the diplopia theoretically would go away when the implant is removed

• +1
Reactions: k99
Some surgeons dont like saddled infras because of risk of diplopia

Anecdotally I know like 20 people who had these implants and none had vision issues ASSUMING THEY WERE PLACED CORRECTLY. But I know some surgeons won't do a full saddle, such as Ramieri, for this reason. I don't know what the risk is statistically or if its just a theoretical risk. But the diplopia theoretically would go away when the implant is removed
is it only worth it with saddle or are there instances where u can get the ones without saddle

is it only worth it with saddle or are there instances where u can get the ones without saddle
If you're going to get infra rim augmentation at all you'd probably want the saddle to mitigate skeletonization of the orbit

• +1
Reactions: k99
I concluded not to do it, it's not for giga recessed people like me who would truly need implants all over the midface, it can maybe help someone with decent forward growth already who wants to mog . basically same concept as not putting jaw implants before bimax. nothing can make up for not getting lefort 2 or 3 if that's what you really need and those are very risky surgeries to get which most surgeons won't give you. My goal is to fix my failos with bimax + maybe rhino and not try to create new problems attempting to achieve a look I can never have.